Mattix1

German language files for interim Apex Renegade

Question

Hello! Is it possible to get apex interim Renegade with german language files? At the moment i only got them when i start the game with the tiberian  technologies launcher...If i start the game with the w3d launcher it´s all in english   <.<

Regards Mattix1

3 answers to this question

I am not sure thats possible as interim apex uses a custom strings file that doesn't have the other languages in it. 

It would need translating, there are a lot of strings present in IA that were never present in Renegade. So in the best case the menus would be German but most of the ingame strings would be English.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:54 PM, Mattix1 said:

Hello! Is it possible to get apex interim Renegade with german language files? At the moment i only got them when i start the game with the tiberian  technologies launcher...If i start the game with the w3d launcher it´s all in english   <.<

Regards Mattix1

It can be done. A while back I changed the strings (Names of things) on APB for my WW2 mod. Making the medium tank be called the Pershing and Light tank called Sherman and such. I simply found the strings.ddb file or whatever it was called and edited all the names. Saved it and put it back in the data folder. So it would be entirely possible... All I would need however is the translation for things and since there are alot of things it would require quite a bit of help from the translator on their end.

This means I would need translations for every weapon, vehicle, building, Character, helicopters and such. If you can look in-game provide me with such a list of translations then I should be able to make it happen. I would do it myself but i'm

1. Not about to google translate everything.

2. I'm sure some of the google translation wouldn't make any sense as they don't have any direct translations.

Let me know what you think. Unless of course you cannot do the translations yourself?

EDIT: You said you use the Tiberian Technologies Launcher. Can you get the Strings.tdb from the data files in this launcher? I think you can just grab the Strings.tdb from the Tiberian Technologies version and just put it into the W3D Hub data files.  

Edited by Threve