[Postponed] Star Wars Mafia 2: The Rise of Empire

VERTi60

I'm in the mood to try my hand at creating and hosting a CYOR game, if Verti's still not ready to start Star Wars Mafia.

Currently thinking about a science fiction themed mafia game, either Kaiju or Cyberpunk based.

12 hours ago, Shade939 said:

I'm in the mood to try my hand at creating and hosting a CYOR game, if Verti's still not ready to start Star Wars Mafia.

Currently thinking about a science fiction themed mafia game, either Kaiju or Cyberpunk based.

My vote would be for cyberpunk, as I have extensive history playing Shadowrun not just D&D, but I'd play kaiju if that's what we want, even though it's not really my thing and I don't know much about it.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

My vote would be for Kaiju. I'm not super familiar with Cyberpunk, but if that's what's chosen, I'll give my best shot.

Base your entire character off that meme from Deus Ex.

Kaiju is basically a Godzilla universe based Mafia game, with every player controlling a giant city destroying monster or giant robot or something capable of fighting them.

Cyberpunk is a near futuristic dystopian setting. So it's really more of a standard Mafia game with the exception of everything having more of a Science Fiction bent to their abilities due to technology advancements and breakthroughs. So you could have things like cyborg ninjas, psychics, robotic cops, or a sewer mutant running around.

19 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Kaiju is basically a Godzilla universe based Mafia game, with every player controlling a giant city destroying monster or giant robot or something capable of fighting them.

Mt. Lady intensifies

Honestly with Kaiju if you want to be creative you don't *have* to be the monster either, if we're doing standard CYOR. I can think of several good ideas that fit with the theme that are quite creative that don't involve being a giant monster as your character.

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly with Kaiju if you want to be creative you don't *have* to be the monster either, if we're doing standard CYOR. I can think of several good ideas that fit with the theme that are quite creative that don't involve being a giant monster as your character.

You should still be capable of going toe to toe with them though. 

There's a lot of issues with that movie, but it's still quite fun.

There's quite a metric fuckload of Kaiju out there as well, so I'm curious to see who people would pick. Even the monster from the 1998 movie, which has since evolved into his own character.