[GAME OVER] CYOR V (Anniversary Edition)

Jeod

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

I got a Cat5 PM and got excited because I thought he'd gone ace attorney overnight. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

I've been kinda waiting to see what these two were going to come up with on their own. Unfortunate that we effectively wasted a day.

The thing is, the game state is very simple, but unfortunately we have incomplete data (except whoever is scum). There aren't many facts, so there's not much to debate, and whoever needs to decide is just going to be missing part of the puzzle, that's all there is to it. All that can be said has been said.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

No, there are some details that nobody has mentioned. Not exactly game breaking details, but they are the kinds of things I've been using to decide what I'm going to do today.

The dead doc is bored.

Such is the fate of the dead.

So you're just going to keep mum about your thoughts and vote quietly at the end? If that's the case I can early hammer and get this over with.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

So you're just going to keep mum about your thoughts and vote quietly at the end? If that's the case I can early hammer and get this over with.

I didn't say that I wasn't going to sit here for the next hour before I go to work and talk about those things.

I didn't say that I wasn't going to sit here for the next hour before I go to work and talk about those things.

I mean, you could always prompt us with questions :p

But now is actually a bad window as I have the heating and AC people about to show up in 15 minutes to give an estimate on fixing the AC before the summer.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

But now is actually a bad window as I have the heating and AC people about to show up in 15 minutes to give an estimate on fixing the AC before the summer.

That trade is called HVAC.

Well, we can start with "Why did you think Mojoman was the towniest of town on Day 1?"

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well, we can start with "Why did you think Mojoman was the towniest of town on Day 1?"

Because he made a good point, and scum can make good points (I do so as scum quite often, I imagine). I guess in the retrospective we already did on it, it was kinda clear I was projecting some of my own logic onto it.  See this comment for a refresher:  

Because he made a good point, and scum can make good points (I do so as scum quite often, I imagine). I guess in the retrospective we already did on it, it was kinda clear I was projecting some of my own logic onto it.  See this comment for a refresher:  

And while I had the alignments wrong, I stand by my logic at the time.

I never wound up making the counter-argument to that because by then Mojoman was already revealed, but I can say it now.

"Or maybe you want to make yourself a target?" as far as I'm concerned, is scum POV. Indeed as you argued, Town!iLTS should be worried, but Scum!Mojoman would know that and be in position to wonder why he wasn't. So if we add to that statement like this for context: "Or maybe you want to make yourself a target [of the NK]?" Mojoman is wondering if iLTS has something that would make him dangerous to kill. That's how I read the situation, anyway.

I never wound up making the counter-argument to that because by then Mojoman was already revealed, but I can say it now.

"Or maybe you want to make yourself a target?" as far as I'm concerned, is scum POV. Indeed as you argued, Town!iLTS should be worried, but Scum!Mojoman would know that and be in position to wonder why he wasn't. So if we add to that statement like this for context: "Or maybe you want to make yourself a target [of the NK]?" Mojoman is wondering if iLTS has something that would make him dangerous to kill. That's how I read the situation, anyway.

I suppose so, but I didn't see it that way, probably in part because I'm used to making the argument against Shade, and specifically Shade's fishing expeditions (and said as such in a few posts) which also colored my response. I tend to default, in these role heavy, closed setup games, that giving out your role too early is bad as town, so I saw what ILTS did as a bad move for town. Granted, I considered that he might just not care, in which case, okay, but I latched onto Mojo possibly sharing my concerns, and it's nice to be validated every once in a while :p

On 5/4/2020 at 7:22 PM, Mojoman said:

Well, I wish I could explain away  3 separate instances of me being confirmed scum.

But explaining a cop claim, a tracker claim, and an RNG (thanks Jeod) claim? That's quite beyond my ability.

Though maybe with some honesty I'll at least help out everyone.

So, I'm actually TP mafia aligned. How does that work? Well, I'm a Mastermind.

The scum and I are in a doc together, all anonymous. My job was actually to let scum have just enough leash to win, without killing me. See, if scum wins while I'm alive, I technically win and they don't.

I did use my ability last night to kill Chop, we had actually agreed to kill FRAYDO (20/20, shoulda went with him), but I used my special night kill to override the votes. I was hoping by killing Chop (who was kind of jokingly on my case) I could make myself seem at least semi-innocent through the old scheme of 'Why would I target the person who voted for me?'.

Why not wait until we naturally killed Chop? Well, again, as long as I didn't kill someone who was scum, I was happy. How did I know Chop wasn't scum? I said in the doc I was going to check on Chop to see if had he a night ability I wanted to steal (my second ability is a morph, that copies a night action), and no one objected

I'm frankly not sure how many scum members there are, since the doc is anonymous, but there's at least two others.

The only problem is, I'm TP. If the spaghetti is to be believed Orange is a scum and FRAYDO is somehow getting wrong reports (put on glasses after the report maybe?) Or iLTS is not telling the whole truth with his report.

But I fully expect to be lynched today and if not, dead tonight, since I assume scum won't be too talkative in the doc until I'm dead.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:53 PM, Mojoman said:

As far as I know, I will flip TP. Though any alignment check on me while alive will show town, just FYI.

Which makes me kind of curious what I would show up as on FRAYDO's alignment check then.

We know now that during Mojoman's reveal, he talked about abilities other people on his team had. Mafia Mastermind and the Janitor ability turned up to be Killing_You. Well, what if the false alignment check was someone else's ability?

We know now that during Mojoman's reveal, he talked about abilities other people on his team had. Mafia Mastermind and the Janitor ability turned up to be Killing_You. Well, what if the false alignment check was someone else's ability?

TBH I just ignored that whole post because I didn't want to be influenced by a possible scum gambit.

Actually not lastly, because related to that is what happens if Town!Louis tracks me while you do the kill. Scum!Orange should believe that I don't have a night action as claimed, so if Town!Louis tracks me when I'm doing nothing, how is he going to convince Louis that I'm the one who did the kill?

And lastly, while I do know that you visited me and therefore you can't have done the NK with an ability (assuming NKs and abilities can't be used at the same time, which I don't know) what could still be possible is that you used an item to make a kill.

The instant people visit me I hand out items.  This has been confirmed. If I had such an item there's no way I'd had been able to hold onto it.

Actually not lastly, because related to that is what happens if Town!Louis tracks me while you do the kill. Scum!Orange should believe that I don't have a night action as claimed, so if Town!Louis tracks me when I'm doing nothing, how is he going to convince Louis that I'm the one who did the kill?

Is this rhetorical?

Because going into today, I think both you and me knew how we were voting today, but then Louis's tracking report (and the fact that I didn't see her do the track) threw our cases out. You aren't going to convince me I'm scum, so in the case where Louis is town and tracks me, how does Scum!Orange win the vote? He has to convince me that Louis is scum.