[GAME OVER] Warhammer 40,000 Mafia 3: On the Edge of Precipice

Retaliation
Message added by Retaliation,

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think even if I died, CoolJeod would have coasted to victory. I think I would have gotten what I wanted either way.

Doubtful, I would have pushed for lynching CoolJeod since he was the only viable Mafia partner for you.

There were other pairings that might have been in game, but there was only one that would apply to you.

Gears are turning in my head for a Danganronpa Mafia game (with locations to move to and do stuff with, like Ghost Trick Mafia in the past). But that won't be ready to unveil for a while yet, so if anyone else has a hosting itch go for it.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

The difference is I actually know statistics :v

You say that, but you were misusing them. Trying to say that you shouldn't lynch a player when they are 7/9 chance of being town doesn't make sense when you consider that by the very nature of the game, nobody is ever above 50% chance of being scum.

You say that, but you were misusing them. Trying to say that you shouldn't lynch a player when they are 7/9 chance of being town doesn't make sense when you consider that by the very nature of the game, nobody is ever above 50% chance of being scum.

Taking a course of action that has a 22.2% chance of success vs taking an action that has, theoretically, a greater than 50% chance of success because you've used deductive reasoning is the wrong thing to do.  You're presenting the false choice logical fallacy.

And as far as my "meta" is concerned, before it became standard practice for our D1s to be nolynches, if nothing big enough came up I would push on inactives. Since we already did the nolynch and still had an RNG lynch coming up, I went after the inactive, as I would do.

Taking a course of action that has a 22.2% chance of success vs taking an action that has, theoretically, a greater than 50% chance of success because you've used deductive reasoning is the wrong thing to do.  You're presenting the false choice logical fallacy.

All I need to argue is that by reading someone's posts we have a greater than 22.2% chance of hitting scum to be right Cat 5.

There was no deductive reasoning to take! There was nothing to say that anybody was more or less likely than anyone else to be mafia, so picking one person out of that pile is no different than anyone else!

There was no deductive reasoning to take! There was nothing to say that anybody was more or less likely than anyone else to be mafia, so picking one person out of that pile is no different than anyone else!

I mean I got you with greater than 22.2% accuracy :v

And you were also wrong, because if you followed my argument you also would have lynched mafia.

Having inside info spoils the data pool Cat 5.  That's why insider trading is illegal, as is betting on sports when you're an athlete.

Having inside info spoils the data pool Cat 5.  That's why insider trading is illegal, as is betting on sports when you're an athlete.

Change Cat5's title to 'Illegal Statistics'. Killer Mine Layer is old.

Just now, Jeod said:

Change Cat5's title to 'Illegal Statistics'. Killer Mine Layer is old.

I mean I do see where Cat 5 is coming from, to a degree, but you can't argue "My argument is right because I had insider info I was passing off as a town being a detective"

Just now, Retaliation said:

I think the actual argument revolves around if you think pushing inactives is or isn't something town cat5 would do rather than stats.

I mean in the wider mafia community chopping the inactives is generally seen as a newbie play and I was regarding Cat 5 as a veteran.