[GAME OVER] Warhammer 40,000 Mafia 3: On the Edge of Precipice

Retaliation
Message added by Retaliation,

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I think the actual argument revolves around if you think pushing inactives is or isn't something town cat5 would do rather than stats.

As I said earlier, I think it is something I would do. And Orange used stats to counter my argument, which is where I think he went wrong.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

@JeodI have a hard-to-read spreadsheet and the old docs that were associated for the game. What kind of info were you looking for, exactly?

It has to be said that if/when I run another Ghost Trick game, it would be using a similar setup.

As much as you're willing to send me. Yours was a ell-done location-based game and I'd like some inspiration from it.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean in the wider mafia community chopping the inactives is generally seen as a newbie play and I was regarding Cat 5 as a veteran.

A word of wisdom from playing 40k is that local metas can diverge dramatically from more global ones.

I remember it being really common for scum to just play inactive and watch town tear itself apart here.

As I said earlier, I think it is something I would do. And Orange used stats to counter my argument, which is where I think he went wrong.

It's not even stats really but the concept of Rand- Rand= and Rand+.  Killing Coolrock would be Rand= because it's literally random when he's inactive if he's the mafia.  Ideally you always want to do Rand+ actions, ie, actions that have a greater than Random chance of hitting scum. Think of it as a zero-sum game.  You can argue we had little to go on, but we did not have NOTHING to go on, and we still had time to try.  It is *always* possible to do a Rand+ action.  Me starting a fight with you is a Rand+ action even if neither of us die, which is why I said I was happy with the outcome even though you didn't die after I shot you, because I got everyone to talk about something productive.

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

A word of wisdom from playing 40k is that local metas can diverge dramatically from more global ones.

I remember it being really common for scum to just play inactive and watch town tear itself apart here.

Here's the thing, I'm trying to improve you people :p :v

You're trying to improve us while referencing MU as if it's the basis of all mafia standards, when I think they play like crap.

This is pulled from the wider community, MU is just where I'm at when I hear it.  It's discussion that occurs during champs when people from all communities are around.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

The terminally active "good" players weren't the ones who did that though!

I mean to be fair and also regarding the previous comment, MU will die on the hill of "people post less as scum" so if I ever rand scum there I have a free pass.  It's how I was universally townread during last champs.  Unfortunately, the last scum alive was like literally a clone of me and had me pocketed so he slipped through.

I dunno, there is a really cool setup that Sunflower played over there that'd be pretty simple to bring over here that's 100% deduction.  No mafia, only cult.  Cult leader invulnerable, converts 1 person per night, but if a cultist gets lynched the entire cult dies and loses. No special powers.

4 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I dunno, there is a really cool setup that Sunflower played over there that'd be pretty simple to bring over here that's 100% deduction.  No mafia, only cult.  Cult leader invulnerable, converts 1 person per night, but if a cultist gets lynched the entire cult dies and loses. No special powers.

That sounds pretty fun tbh.

37 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

That sounds pretty fun tbh.

To me it really just sounds like you basically just RNG the day lynch until you get lucky enough to hit a cultist and then that's game.

It might even give you better odds than trying to actually play the meta game.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean "We'll kill one, then the other" IS a scum tell.  It's just Mojo does it as town apparently every game :v

Yes, let's kill the player you shot to figure out why you shot him. That's pretty logical.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yes, let's kill the player you shot to figure out why you shot him. That's pretty logical.

You're ignoring the other half of that statement.  And the fact he was NOT joking in his vote on me, and said as such.