Blog 22 (27/03/07)

<h3>Greetings & Special Thanks</h3>Hey all. You must all be pretty familiar with the news that Apocalypse Rising has moved over here to A Path Beyond after a break away from C&C Source, but let me take this time to thank everyone who has played a part. Thanks to Chronojam and the A Path Beyond Team for allowing us to move in here, Assassin and C&C Source for respecting our decision to move and for the hosting they gave us when we were there. Finally, special thanks to Venompawz for making me a little Sephiroth icon! :D it is too cool :) We are still sorting out a few things internally but after that the ball should be rolling back at its usual speed.

Now lets hit into the pictures!

<h3>Apocalypse Tank Testing?</h3>The team recently released a test to the internal testers and APB/Reborn Devs so that they could see how far we had progressed. Most of the test is scripts but I have some new shots of the Apocalypse Tank in action.

Apocalypse Tank and Mammoth Tank

(just as a comparison)

The Apocalypse Tank Meets It's Common Foe

<h3>Terror Drone</h3>New out of the Apocalypse Rising War Factory, we have the Soviet Terror Drone. The model and texture are not final just yet, there are a few tweaks it needs to undergo before it gets rigged.

TerrorDrone1.jpg

Modelled and Unwrapped by Ric

Textured by Soviet_Deso

(more updates on the Terror Drone to come from him)

Here is the lowdown on how the Terror Drone will work. (In case you missed it in Blog 20)

There will be a special room inside the Soviet Radar with special terminals. If you access one of these terminals, a sum of 500 credits is taken away and your camera zooms to the War Factory where your terror drone is built. From there you can control the drone across the battlefield. If you exit the drone, you will take control of your character back at the Radar. Your Drone will be left motionless on the battlefield. Now to attacking. You speed over to your target and fire upon it, this will allow you to get inside the target and rip it apart. The target will start to rock as the terror drone slowly destroys it. The Allies can counter this with a repair IFV, so always keep one handy to combat these deadly threats. The terror drone can also be destoyed or made inactive by killing the player who is controlling it back at the Soviet Radar.

<h3>Final Words</h3>

That about wraps up the blog for now. We shall be looking into some cool new visual stuff soon, once we get everything finalised internally. So expect to see sexier screenshots coming your way. Also a new version of Apocalypse Rising Unit Specs is due since we have the Apocalypse Tank ingame. A few fixes and we should be good to go. See you next week for more RA2 based nonsense and such.

Guest Freak

Looks really nice, terror drone should be fun. I do think, however, that the Apocolypse tank should get beefed up a bit, as in some cutscenes it was bigger than a school bus. Also, will your ranking system include the uber shells the Apoc tank got when it was rank 3?

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

looks so nice and that apoc tank look a lot different than the original one and stil you can see they are from same "family"

Yay we're loved ^_^

Also... we cant exactly make things the same size they were meant to be in RA2...

The battle fortress poses the problem that if it were indeed the size it was ingame it'd be bigger than the warfactory doors, and therefore wouldnt get out of them... also who wants to drive something that stupidly huge when they're not limited to one, it'd make map making hell.

Guest Evil Alex

Very nice blog AR team! Keep up the very nice work as usual and good luck AR team! That of course accounts for the APB & C&C Reborn team as well, good luck to both 2 teams!! :D

Guest fluke01

The apoc tank doesn't look quite right somehow :unsure: .... but i cant put my finger on it :D .

As for the prism tower and terror drone great job, they look real nice.

Guest Freak

Well either way it looks nice so far. I realize there are some sizing problems, but the Apocolypse tank could be a bit bigger though... not too much but a bit.

Guest Merovingian

Thank me for the prism tower ^_^

It aas my first model that I did for AR and it is what got me as a buildings internals modeller today :D

Guest Freak
Thank me for the prism tower ^_^

It aas my first model that I did for AR and it is what got me as a buildings internals modeller today :D

Well you sure as hell deserve it