Blog 43 (22/08/07)

Welcome to this week's AR blog. We have some special/funny/cool stuff to show you this week so take a look below.

<h3>Menu and more</h3>

Check out the sexy new menu that I recieved recently from TheKGBspy along with some more footage from the RA2 Vengeance test. Video is epic.

<h3>RA2_Iceland</h3>

dtrngd has been busy working on another new map in a snow based environment. RA2_Iceland. Here are some WIP shots of the map and a new friend to introduce you to, Sergei the Frostcript :D

"What time is it? A Commie!!!! Oh wait.... it's AR Blog time :)"

"I'm gonna jump!"

<h3>Shaders and Cartoons</h3>

Although Saberhawk was fired, he has continued to work on a few little things for AR on a freelance basis. This includes our brand new cartoony lighting shader. Check it out below.

Regular Light

reglight.png

Shadered Light

cartoonlight.png

<h3>New feature Possiblility</h3>

To add in some personality to the mod we may make three differant heads for each character (excluding hero units and units with covered faces) so when you select a character, one of the three differant heads is used. It stops us having clones running around the battlefield.

Here is an example using what is supposed to be a likeness of Coolrock as the Starshina.

<h3>Extras Shortlist</h3>

Ric unwrapped the Beretta

BogdanV and danpaul88 are figuring out how to do rebuildable buildings. These will require the use of a separate cash pool for the team to use. This fund will cover automated base repairs and rebuilding minor defence structures and the buying of extra miners. This will encourage people to always keep the team fund stocked up.

CMDBob has made a little mod for APB baesed on Homeworld 2, it is pretty fun for dogfights between the three types of space ship he has put on the map. He requires an unwrapper for a little bit of work though, since some of the textures in the Capital ship's control room are seriously screwed up and the mesh needs unwrapping. Screens here and here.

<h3>End</h3>

Not much else to show you this week really. Next week we shall have oodles of stuff to show you. Some of which, even I haven't seen before :p

Take care and see you next week.

Guest EVA-251

Wow. Incredible blog.

Aside from textures, the buildings, everything I saw was amazing.

BTW, from what was said in the blog, the silo will split in half when the 1 minute mark has arrived? In RA2, only the useless top area of the silo, the cover, moves. The building itself, does not change.

Guest cuddling

as always another great blog :D i haven't seen video yet it taking forever to download :)

Stupid download rate of 70kbps, freaking slow.

Nice guns you got there xD and the snowmen was "Lol!" Wasnt that your idea that I heard OWA? dtrngd's map look as awesome as ever :)

Guest Xenon560

Stupid download rate of 70kbps, freaking slow.

No for some reason this week the internet is slow. it usually fast :)

I watched the video and the Silo is awesome.

the things splits in half while your in the midle on the top floor :D

Rofl love the forcing of that... we ARE... rofl, OWA getting wipped?

I agreed :D The top part will need to move but the missile has to be raised up into a launch position.

Guest cdfisk

I just thought I would ask, but is it possible for you to be able to have the engineer repair bridges for this mod?

Excellent blog btw. :D

I just thought I would ask, but is it possible for you to be able to have the engineer repair bridges for this mod?

Excellent blog btw. :D

Yes and thanks :)

<h3>New feature Possiblility</h3>

To add in some personality to the mod we may make three differant heads for each character (excluding hero units and units with covered faces) so when you select a character, one of the three differant heads is used. It stops us having clones running around the battlefield.

Here is an example using what is supposed to be a likeness of Coolrock as the Starshina.

<h3>Extras Shortlist</h3>

Ric unwrapped the Beretta

BogdanV and danpaul88 are figuring out how to do rebuildable buildings. These will require the use of a separate cash pool for the team to use. This fund will cover automated base repairs and rebuilding minor defence structures and the buying of extra miners. This will encourage people to always keep the team fund stocked up.

YES REBUILDABLE AND YES COOLROCK!!!!!!!!!!