Blog 55 (14/11/07)

Welcome to this week's AR blog. Bringing you fun and delights with the smell of burning tanks with a hint of minty freshness.

<h3>Soviet Apocalypse Assault Tank</h3>

The Apocalypse Tank is back with an updated model whihc is miles better than it's current iteration.

This tank is the heaviest tank in the soviet arsenal and it boasts a set of massive twin cannons, that deal with the ground targets, with some AA missile launchers (tusk missiles) that rip through air targets. The tank is heavily armoured and can take a lot of punishment before it is destroyed.

Here it is!

Model by One Winged Angel, Svensmokavich and Skulking Ferrit.

ApocalypseTank-1.png

<h3>Allied Harrier</h3>

Our new model maestro, DannyCon, has been working on the allied harrier. This aircraft is very fast and packs a punch with it's maverick missiles. Subsequently, the armour of this craft is quite light and can be ripped apart by flak quite easily. To stop this happening the allies have employed a new train regime which allows their pilots to barrel roll and loop the loop to evade enemy AA fire. This should give pilots a chance now that the war has changed.

The harrier can only be landed at the Air Force Command HQ and possibly the Tech Airport. This means that if you try and land elsewhere, you will crash and burn. If you try getting out midair, you will crash and burn. When you land at a safe zone, the landing gear will deploy and the harrier will be re-armed with maverick missiles.

Model by DannyCon

Harrier-WIP-1.jpg

<h3>Moddb</h3>

As you may know, Moddb have completely changed their layout and format of how everything is presented. This is good in some ways, but bad in others. At the moment, Bluehell Productions is one of the most popular groups on Moddb. How about that?

Both projects are also listed as indie (independent) games.

With the moddb awards beginning this month, make sure to vote for us in full force so we can hopefully win some awards for our trouble.

LightStar_MOTY.gif

<h3>Team Notices</h3>

I'm good, thanks for asking.

cfehunter has windows back after he relaised that he can't do his coursework on linux/ubuntu.

danpaul88 is doing a great job helping out oxi and getting the stats up and running again. Fear not, players of APB!

chevy787 is unwrapping the welder ready for drunkill to texture it.

Flak Track need re-unwrapping.

A lot of secret stuff is floating around. So secret that your brain would explode if I told you.

<h3>OWA's Community Support Shed</h3>

No one has approached me again for stuff to put here so I'll fill it with stuff I feel is relevant.

Go and check out Tiberian Eclipse! It is a mod for Cysis that converts it into the world of Tiberian Sun but with a radical design change (even more so that Reborn). This mod is leader by ex-Reborn staff member Three9 (known as SpartnII back in the day). This mod will be awesome as the graphical quality of the assets being produced at the moment is phenomenal.

Check it out at http://www.solar-fissure.com/te-mod/nod.php

With the upcoming release of Unreal Tournament 3 imminent, we must all cast our eyes upon Renegade 2007 as they begin to get things ingame and rigged. They already have a number of graphical assets completed so it is only a matter of time before they get some cool videos for us to drool over.

Go and see [NE]Fobby[GEN]'s brainchild over at http://www.renegade2007.com

Also we must not forget Crysis and Dante's team over at RenEvo. Development of the Command and Crysis mod is going to be fun to watch as the C&C mode of gameplay is reproduced in Crysis for many people to enjoy. This is definitely on my watch list.

Head over to http://www.renevo.com for the latest news and updates regarding their hosted projects.

<h3>End/Finish/Stop/etc....</h3>

Same time next week? What? Oh ok, just because it's you :wub:

Guest Bluesummers

awesomeness! i am really looking forward to this mod

Oh ok, just because it's you

<3

Edited by Bluesummers

Guest Tzar469

Oooo, nice blog.

Just a few questions about the Harrier:

How many missiles will it be able to carry?

How effective will it be against infantry?

When you crash will it damage enemies in the area?

Oooo, nice blog.

Just a few questions about the Harrier:

How many missiles will it be able to carry?

1. Undecided but probably 2-4

2. Devastating

3. Probably

Guest Kurorahk

Nice blog, give DannyCon my complements he has out done himself with that Harrier :D . The Apocalypse Tank looks awesome. Keep up the work you have made it this far and there is nothing stopping you.

-Kurorahk-

Guest scarabguy

2. Devastating

3. Probably

i can imagine some harrier pilot scraficing himself to kill a tayna or boris :)

my all time favorite tactict in ra2 when using harriers was to kill a building, then let the flack in the area bring them down on top of another building :)

really annoying if it worked, but kinda expensive.. :D

just a thought, if you die do you lose your veteran status?

just a thought, if you die do you lose your veteran status?

Yes

I assume the harriers won't damage other air units?

They probably will for balance.

Aww, lame.

Say no to Tanya chariots!

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Can't wait to bomb the Soviet Union back to stone age with that harrier (or even more the black eagle when that gets in:P) Yes I am an Air Player when it comes to C&C3, I practically feels naked if I don't have any planes in C&C games

Also when does the updated Apoc then get to the tester? (and the harrier for that sake?)

Also when does the updated Apoc then get to the tester? (and the harrier for that sake?)

I don't see any textures or unwraps on them yet, so don't expect to see them ingame until they are unwrapped.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Really glad people liked my first model here, i'll be working hard on geting this bugger textured too.

Thanks again everyone for the comments.

I don't like it, I simply love it

Love the new apoc tank but the harrier as stolen the show, i love that thing the most lol, also shouldn't it be that if you try to land where you can't you just can't do it? does seem abit harsh to just crash if you forget and i know that alot of ren guys will just leap out like its an orca and just die lol

Love the new apoc tank but the harrier as stolen the show, i love that thing the most lol, also shouldn't it be that if you try to land where you can't you just can't do it? does seem abit harsh to just crash if you forget and i know that alot of ren guys will just leap out like its an orca and just die lol

Tutorial mission for the n00bs ftw.

Guest Albelknox

will harriers be as fast as they are originally?

and will we be limted to 4 harriers per AFCC? since we will only get one...

im almost sure Wally is right but i had to ask...

last Q- some vehicles get diff paint jobs in RAAPB will harriers get differant nose arts/markings? (please?)

serves them right for:

A) Not reading the manual.

B)Trying to land a Harrier with it's landing gear up.

i just thought of something allies will only be able to have four harriers at a time unless they had more than one radar :D

This is true.

you forget about tech airports, and the two additionaal landing spaces.

i wonder if soviets will ever be able to steal harriers...

Not in RA2. We may open up this feature though. It all depends. The tech airport pads may be used for Cargo Planes.