Blog 64 (16/01/08)

Well, exam season has just hit into session and I've got revision on my plate. But the blog must go on, no matter what. I respect it that you people come here each week so I must keep doing my bit to keep my half of the bargain. Now how about those updates eh?

<h3>Conference #5 Overview</h3>

Here is the fifth conferance overview as presented by the international man of mystery, dtrngd!

Overview:

-Nighthawk transports won't have internals, and sir leader has a good reason as well:

<One_Winged_Angel> This would just be more work for very little gain.

-Amphibious transports will have internals, because we have fake worldboxes, vehicles can be transported on them. Transporting limit will be decided later.

-Spy plane logic:

There is a terminal in the Soviet Radar. One person can enter it every X minutes, then he gets put up in a camera mounted on the spyplane, which flies over the map, when it has flown over, he will be put back at the terminal. The spyplane temporarily disables gap with the sacrifice of having one person out of action to use the terminal.

-What goes into Release 1: Shall we say, lets see how well we are doing in 6 months time and judge by then.

But for sure we will need power plants, refineries, barracks and war factories with the basic units. Minor base defenses are in as well. Radars and service depots might be cut, time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell...

-Chrono miner logic and background music disabling script zone for elevator waiting music needs further discussion and testing.

-Garrisoning buildings is still a question. A door that only GIs / Conscripts can open still allows other units to follow them in. We had ideas about giving them extra armor and a stronger weapon, but we haven't decided yet.

That's the talking, now the pretty pictures.

<h3>Air Force Command HQ: Tower Internals</h3>

Zion_Fox has started on the top communication tower. This sparked up a debate on how to get up there effectively. There is no room for stairs, a ladder would be annoying and chronoshifting kills people so we had to go with the dreaded elevator. BUT HAVE NO FEAR. We are looking out for you people here as we all know how bad Aircrafkiller's dreaded Ore Refinery lift is in APB. So have no fear because we will work it all out.

ACHQ05.png

And here's my awesome concept art!!!!!

post-1484-1200341597.png

<h3>Allied War Factory Update</h3>

Ric has just about completed the allied war factory externals aside from a few little issues which Zion_Fox brought up. Both war factories are going to be pretty massive due to the huge units (kirovs, battle fortresses) that need to be created from them. This is going to be awesome though since it gives us a chance to create something really epic and it gives us a massive canvas to work with.

allwarfac12.jpgallwarfac13.jpg

<h3>Infantry Update</h3>

I've been refining my infantry model's proportions to make him look more human and less starman. All that is really left to perfect are the shoulders and the arms as well as a few adjustments across the board. Then hands and feet can be made :) After that, expect a lot of characters to be made from this base.

Not bad for my first character eh?

Char6.pngCharLightTrace.png

<h3>South Pacific</h3>

dtrngd has really been attacking this sucker with all of his renx based artillery. What he calls "anti-flat operations" have now commenced and the results are very nice. Take a peek below.

spacific5.jpg

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

Exam season. two down, five to go! My first exam was on soap drama television and the other was about ice cream (yes I am not shitting you).

cfehunter is still inside the whale. Apparently he believes that he is the Jonas of the 21st century. (Come back Pete! D: )

danpaul88 is apparently not feeling too well, get better soon man :D

<h3>OWA And His Community Support Shed On Wheels</h3>

ft-shed-car.jpg

Not much to report this week other than the fact that the Taco Empire are now the undisputed champions of APB as of saturday when they beat SF in an epic clanwar. Well played to both sides. Coverage is here (pending). If Team RAPE ever gets back together, you know who to challenge eh?

Reborn looks like it might release soon!

People say "Well it's about bloody time."

Critics merely state "31st December 2006"

<h3>KA-CHA!</h3>

This is the end.

Next week more brings.

Like it you will.

Bye Good.

Guest v1410nl

OWA And His Community Support Shed On Wheels is coming to you!

P.S. Nice infantry model and nice sketch :p

Edited by v1410nl

Guest -SF-Ivan the Terrible

About the lift, what happens if there is a person downstairs and pushes the button and the lift starts going down while another person upstairs presses the button, will the lift while in middle air go upstairs again or keep coming down? In other words, when the sequence is started does it finish the process without getting interrupted?

Guest Merovingian

Buttons won't be used, they're not needed, i have edited the blog accordingly and we will make it so it won't lag.

Bare in mind that yes, Renegade lifts lag, Ours won't though because they will be properly made, by myself.

Tower is EPIC! rofl love the art OWA :v War Factory is win!!!! cool first inf model mate :D that map just keeps getting better and better. Anndddd SHED ON WHEELS!!!!!!

Another great blog guys!

-Garrisoning buildings is still a question. A door that only GIs / Conscripts can open still allows other units to follow them in. We had ideas about giving them extra armor and a stronger weapon, but we haven't decided yet.

The varying ranges of infantry restricted their use in structures in RA2 (which only allowed one range for all garrisoned units). I don't see a reason not to let all infantry besides heroes garrison.