Blog 94 (13/08/08)

Welcome to the 94th edition of the AR blog. Damn, we've been doing these for nearly two years!

Anyway, content is below!

<h3>Engineer</h3>

I had a go at an engineer model today. As you may know, we already have an allied engineer model, but no soviet engineer. This model may be used for the soviet engineer depending on what the team think is the best design direction. We may end up with two differant engineer models instead of simple re-skins, which would be fun.

Anyway, check this engineer (based on ingame references) out below.

Engineer-3.png

<h3>Combat Knife</h3>

TheBeerinator has been texturing Ivan's combat knife, which Ric had previously modelled. cfehunter got onto this one quickly and prepped it for texturing so that TheBeerinator could apply the magic onto it.

Check out this stabber below!

wip-14-1.jpg

<h3>Freezing Straits</h3>

dtrngd has beeen busy mapping up our newest map, Freezing Straits. as you saw last blog, the terrain was nearly finished. Now the anti-flat operations have begun and the map has had a base texture applied to it. Check it out!

FS-1.jpg

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I am getting my A level results tommorrow/today (depending on where you are in the world) I hope I get the results I need to go to university! Rest assured, there will be a lot of alcohol flowing if I get my grades :)

I am also off to the V festival on saturday so, if any of you are going, pm me and we can meet up :)

cfehunter brough his PC here on sunday and we played LAN Yuri's Revenge (once I could get it to install -Safemode ftw-)

We are starting to get our building assets together so that we can begin having actual games of AR, instead of the random unit fights that occur right now. This will mark another major development milestone!

<h3>OWA's Random Section</h3>

A special shout out to my good friend Elaine who recommended these videos to me. These cats are so cute and funny :D

<center>Two cats talk.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And the translation.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>This is the End</h3>

Or is it...?

Guest EVA-251

Engineer, I like. But if you giving him a sidearm, just make sure to not use his "I'm not armed!" VO when he is taking fire, lol

As for the knife...*poke*

Edited by EVA-251

Guest GummiBear

WOW... no words can describe the awesomeness of that knife enough, looking forward to stabbing some allied with that thing

Also nice engi...

and ROFL @cats

Guest Aidoneus

Grrr @ your V Festival Tickets

Also

Grrr @ your generation having easier A-Levels. Back in my day...

Seriously though, did you get in then?

Guest kukiric

Enggie? Knife? On the same blog? Are we going to sap pillboxes or what? :D

Oh, and awesome models!

Edited by kukiric

Grrr @ your V Festival Tickets

Also

Grrr @ your generation having easier A-Levels. Back in my day...

Seriously though, did you get in then?

I did get into university! Let the drink flow!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh.. this is so nice. I am getting desperate from just looking at development..... WHEN YOU WILL RELEASE IT ALREADY?! :D

When people stop asking.