RA2:AR FAQ

Guest ganein14

And you also have to make sure his death will hurt/kill all things in the blast, just like in the game, though i can already see one ivan dying and the blast killing five or six more ivans :D

The Skull cloud? The Sucide Ivan? That would be a nice addition :D

Now here are some of my unanswered questions:

Q: Will the Psychic Sensor be included in AR? If so, how will it function?

Q: If Ivan sneaks behind an Allied Soldier, can there a sequence where he grabs the soldier and slits his throat?

Q: Will there be a map where the Soviets and Allies have to defend themselves from dinosaurs?

Edited by TSAR1

The Skull cloud? The Sucide Ivan? That would be a nice addition :D

Now here are some of my unanswered questions:

Q: Will the Psychic Sensor be included in AR? If so, how will it function?

Q: If Ivan sneaks behind an Allied Soldier, can there a sequence where he grabs the soldier and slits his throat?

Q: Will there be a map where the Soviets and Allies have to defend themselves from dinosaurs?

1. It'll be included in AR. We're not sure how it'll work yet though.

2. We're going to rig the knife as a normal weapon, so no fancy sequences.

3. Possibly. I have dinosaurs planned at least.

3. Possibly. I have dinosaurs planned at least.

Sweet!!

ok Next Question: There was a misson in UR (idk the Misson Number, it was after the Tropical Island Campaign) Where you had to go to the moon and destroy Yuri's Space Command Center. In that Misson you got Cosmonauts and I believe moon rovers. Can there be a map in AR where it takes place on the moon and the adjective for the Allies and Soviets is to destroy each other's Space Center and each faction will have the same equipment as in the misson?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TSAR1

Sweet!!

ok Next Question: There was a misson in UR (idk the Misson Number, it was after the Tropical Island Campaign) Where you had to go to the moon and destroy Yuri's Space Command Center. In that Misson you got Cosmonauts and I believe moon rovers. Can there be a map in AR where it takes place on the moon and the adjective for the Allies and Soviets is to destroy each other's Space Center and each faction will have the same equipment as in the misson?

Thanks in advance.

You didn't get rovers, but cosmonauts are going to be in AR.

Allies never had a moon mission, so we'll need to select their moon tech carefully.

Guest thepcman

Question time!

1. How will Spy Sattlites work?

2. Will Rocketeers be allowed on roofs?

3. Do rocketteers do splash?

4. Can AI War Miners go elite?

5. Can Battle Fortresses Crush walls?

6. I want Exploding Nuke Reactors!! :)

7. If a Tanya was in my base :) and Put C4 on the Major Weakpoint, will I be able to use the AR equivlent of the Golden Wrench and Remove her C4 at a repair terminal? If yes, the the tanya has to guard all repair termanils :)

8. VIDEOS NEXT BLOG PLX!!! :)

I want AR now :D

EDIT ^ ^ ^WTF!?!?!^ ^ ^

Edited by thepcman

Question time!

1. How will Spy Sattlites work?

2. Will Rocketeers be allowed on roofs?

3. Do rocketteers do splash?

4. Can AI War Miners go elite?

5. Can Battle Fortresses Crush walls?

6. I want Exploding Nuke Reactors!! :)

7. If a Tanya was in my base :) and Put C4 on the Major Weakpoint, will I be able to use the AR equivlent of the Golden Wrench and Remove her C4 at a repair terminal? If yes, the the tanya has to guard all repair termanils :)

8. VIDEOS NEXT BLOG PLX!!! :)

I want AR now :D

EDIT ^ ^ ^WTF!?!?!^ ^ ^

1. I have an idea, but I don't want to say anything just yet.

2. Yeah

3. We're changing the ammo type of the Rocketeer so that his projectiles no longer explode.

4. They need a driver in to become elite, but we may be able to get round it.

5. Hopefully yes.

6. Cool, we'll try and get them in.

7. You need to go to the C4 to disarm it.

8. If we have anything to put in a video, sure.

Awesome questions eddy!

Alright regarding the Cosmonauts will they be more or less a beefed up version of the rocketeers with a lasergun? Will there be new vehicals/infantry converted to outer space use in the moon maps? How far are you willing to go with the space maps (I mean how can you can you stay close to the RA2 esque feeling on those particullar maps?)can a helicopter land on the roof of anybuilding and unload a sniper? What RA2 maps will be modeled to use in AR?

Thanks.

3. We're changing the ammo type of the Rocketeer so that his projectiles no longer explode.

Wait what? We spent hours discussing this before and decided the grenade launcher idea was the best fit...

4. They need a driver in to become elite, but we may be able to get round it.

Since when do they need a driver to be elite? AI units have always been able to become elite.

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Wait what? We spent hours discussing this before and decided the grenade launcher idea was the best fit...

I kinda helped make him change his mind. I noted in RA2 that the projectile made no splash damage, and I suggested a special kind of projectile we could use instead.

Since when do they need a driver to be elite? AI units have always been able to become elite.

A better solution has been found.

I haven't been paying attention ingame :x

Interesting responses gents,

Alright I really have to ask this question:

Will we have epic indoor CQBing in the tech buildings?

Will we see a lot of landmarks? And more importantly can we destroy them? :D

Will the Desolators have Friendly fire?

Thanks (Sorry if some of these are already answered)

• 3 months later...
Guest Generalcamo

Question, Will the soviets have a variation of the spy? It seems wrong to have a powerful commando but no chrono ivan. Perhaps it could be called a sabotuer? It will have the make-up kit, but he will also have a knife that does not inform the players of the kill and has a bomb pack that explodes when his heart rate reaches zero (In other words, when he dies).

Also I think a list of what the spy does should be done. For example:

War factory: All vehicles start with veteracy

Barracks: all infantry start with veteracy

Battle lab: Player gets additional technology

Power plant: power goes offline for some time

Radar/airforce command: Radar goes off line for some time. Also allows you to see number of enemy units are in the field.

Con yard: Interesting, I will haft to think about this one.

Refinery/silo: You steal credits contained in refinery/silo

Super weapon: count resets

Naval shipyard: Navy starts as veteran

Also suggestion for game mode: Tech revolution. There are no countries, as all units for your side are available. So you can snipe a desolator rush while a grand cannon fires at tesla tanks. And if you do implement game modes, how will you balance unholy alliance and nuke war?

Question, Will the soviets have a variation of the spy? It seems wrong to have a powerful commando but no chrono ivan. Perhaps it could be called a sabotuer? It will have the make-up kit, but he will also have a knife that does not inform the players of the kill and has a bomb pack that explodes when his heart rate reaches zero (In other words, when he dies).

Also I think a list of what the spy does should be done. For example:

War factory: All vehicles start with veteracy

Barracks: all infantry start with veteracy

Battle lab: Player gets additional technology

Power plant: power goes offline for some time

Radar/airforce command: Radar goes off line for some time. Also allows you to see number of enemy units are in the field.

Con yard: Interesting, I will haft to think about this one.

Refinery/silo: You steal credits contained in refinery/silo

Super weapon: count resets

Naval shipyard: Navy starts as veteran

Also suggestion for game mode: Tech revolution. There are no countries, as all units for your side are available. So you can snipe a desolator rush while a grand cannon fires at tesla tanks. And if you do implement game modes, how will you balance unholy alliance and nuke war?

Soviets don't get spies.

The spy's abilities sound about right.

Some game modes like the one you described are going in, but others that aren't feasible (unholy alliance) won't be included.

Can we get a list of game modes that will go in?

Shoot the enemy

Get shot by the enemy

Blow stuff up

Fly around randomly

Are just a few of them :D

(OK, so that's probably not as funny as I thought it would be, it's 8am and my brain doesn't work at this hour of the morning....!)

Guest Generalcamo

I meant game modes such as navy war, only naval units, which are more powerful and basic ground units. Infantry war, infantry war, only infantry and infantry transports, among other things

Guest Generalcamo

Will there be any BHP original music included? I saw the pre-blog 173 movie and thought that the music was good, but I never heard it in YR or RA2.

Also, how will you allow only one player to have tanya? There are a few ways. 1 is to vote for a commander. The commander gets to have tanya, and has other features. Another way is to have only 1 player at a time, although this could create some fights.

I meant game modes such as navy war, only naval units, which are more powerful and basic ground units. Infantry war, infantry war, only infantry and infantry transports, among other things

I know, my post was supposed to be a funny joke. As explained at the end of the post my brain fails at operating correctly in the early morning and therefore it's probably quite a lame joke :p I don't personally know what game modes are planned, wait for OWA to dive in with the answer :D

Will there be any BHP original music included? I saw the pre-blog 173 movie and thought that the music was good, but I never heard it in YR or RA2.

The music in that video is 'C&C In The House' from the RA2 soundtrack. I don't know whether it actually featured in the game or not.

Can we get a list of game modes that will go in?

C&C mode.

Team Deathmatch.

Hunt the Mirage Tank.

Assault.

These game-modes are currently planned.

Will there be any BHP original music included?

Yes.

Also, how will you allow only one player to have tanya? There are a few ways. 1 is to vote for a commander. The commander gets to have tanya, and has other features. Another way is to have only 1 player at a time, although this could create some fights.

We're not doing commanders, but we'll figure it out when we get round to including Tanya.

Guest Generalcamo

Taco car? Really? What, is it something that provides increased morale, and more, stinky nights in?\

Any enhancements that are combat type? Such as school bus can be driven by anyone, not just mind controlled. To refresh your memory, the school bus in RA2 transported 6 troops. BUT, it did so without getting fired upon by enemy defences, basicly, it had spy logic.

Guest WhiteDevilNL

I have a few questions:

1: Will a Harrier be able to shoot down a Kirov or siege chopper (that is airborn)?

2: Will a prism tank only be effeciteve versus buildings and infantry and not other vehicles?

3: If you're not the driver of the battle fortress, can u use your own weapons than?

4: Does a prism tank still have the star effect when the prism beam hits the grond?

Guest Generalcamo

Will there be destroyable and repairable bridges in the next release? If so, will there be a bridge repair hut in which there is a "fusebox" you can repair or destroy, or will you haft to fire on the bridge itself?

Any enhancements that are combat type? Such as school bus can be driven by anyone, not just mind controlled. To refresh your memory, the school bus in RA2 transported 6 troops. BUT, it did so without getting fired upon by enemy defences, basicly, it had spy logic.

The Bus will be in some maps. I don't think it did the spy thing in RA2, but it did it in Tiberian Sun.

I have a few questions:

1: Will a Harrier be able to shoot down a Kirov or siege chopper (that is airborn)?

2: Will a prism tank only be effeciteve versus buildings and infantry and not other vehicles?

3: If you're not the driver of the battle fortress, can u use your own weapons than?

4: Does a prism tank still have the star effect when the prism beam hits the grond?

1. Yes

2. We haven't balanced the Prism Tank yet.

3. Yes

4. Yes

Will there be destroyable and repairable bridges in the next release? If so, will there be a bridge repair hut in which there is a "fusebox" you can repair or destroy, or will you haft to fire on the bridge itself?

There's going to be bridge huts.

Guest EVA-251

In RA2, the AI did ignore school buses and the like. Then again, the RA2 1.006 AI had a few things that were "HERP DERP" about it. I can remember the AI ignoring terrorists...and me setting up barracks with waypoints leading to their base...

YR was a different story. They fixed the AI ignoring those things (and also broke the smart auto-deploy logic used by GIs...)

Will we see some classic modes get implemented?

IE MegaWealth and Meat Grinder?

MegaWealth = Maps with no refinery/ore, you have to capture and hold Oil Derricks for $$$. (perhaps make Derricks invulnerable so it doesn't decay into mindless stalemate when one team gets pissy and blows up all the Derricks)

Meat Grinder = Low tech level maps with country specials.

Speaking of Oil Derricks, got any special explosions planned for those?