RA2:AR FAQ

Don't know if this has been ask..

But the Conscript has some what of a "big bone" body with all that armor he wears, will his body structure be large compare to GI or will it be a "skinny" body structure.

the Navy Seal will have the ability to swim right? so when he goes into the water, will he turn into his "scuba" diving suit or will he stay in his camo suit

will the Rhino tank turret be able to turn 360 or only 180 like that of the heavy tank in APB?

will the super weapons be added in the first release and if so how will you get the weather device to work for the allies? (I.E placement,beacon,flare etc.) i mean the soviets have a nuke so the flare would be a no-brainer right or will there be a change into that as well?

Guest Stormweaver

But the Conscript has some what of a "big bone" body with all that armor he wears, will his body structure be large compare to GI or will it be a "skinny" body structure.

the Navy Seal will have the ability to swim right? so when he goes into the water, will he turn into his "scuba" diving suit or will he stay in his camo suit

will the Rhino tank turret be able to turn 360 or only 180 like that of the heavy tank in APB?

will the super weapons be added in the first release and if so how will you get the weather device to work for the allies? (I.E placement,beacon,flare etc.) i mean the soviets have a nuke so the flare would be a no-brainer right or will there be a change into that as well?

I believe the heavy tank in apb has a 240 degree turning angle...

The conscript will be pretty chunky.

The Navy SEAL will swim and change into his scuba diving stuff. However, this won't be in the first release.

The Rhino will have a 360 degree turret rotation.

Super weapons are slated for the third major release. They won't be beacon/flare based. Some other form of delivery will be used.

Guest Kakashi

The first releaes will feature everything up to radar tech. Make a test-game and build a Ore Refinery, Radar Dome and War Factory. Then see if you can build Kirovs :D.

Edited by Kakashi

Guest Stormweaver

The first releaes will feature everything up to radar tech. Make a test-game and build a Ore Refinery, Radar Dome and War Factory. Then see if you can build Kirovs :D.

Hmm...

Are they putting in attack dogs?

Hmm...

Are they putting in attack dogs?

Attack dogs are the only real exception because they require a barnd new skeleton and a buttload of animation, which we don't have.

Guest Stormweaver

Attack dogs are the only real exception because they require a barnd new skeleton and a buttload of animation, which we don't have.

Fair enough. Not like there are gonna be spys yet :p

So far, everything is looking awesome. Any work been done of testing a prototype crazy ivan yet?

Fair enough. Not like there are gonna be spys yet :p

So far, everything is looking awesome. Any work been done of testing a prototype crazy ivan yet?

We are waiting on some new first person arms before we rig the dynamite.

Will the flak trooper work like the flak track? And will he have any sort of targeting system? Or just a overly big iron sight on his cannon?

A Renegadesque crosshair and iron sights.

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Will the Rocketeer be able to fly into buildings?

Will techies and engineers still be able to repair the exterior of buildings inside a battle fortress?

Will the enviroment be interactive (ignoring easter eggs)? Like shooting a tea pot causes it to shatter.

Yes, this is more of a suggestion:

Should the real-life based weapons still be given fictional designations (like the Red Alert 3 Conscript's ADK-45, which is exactly identical to the AK-47)? And will Boris' AKM still have the RPK's square buttstock?:

Boris.jpg

From what I understand from reading a former blog or something, he will have a script that turns him from an infantry into a VTOL aircraft or back at the push of a button, so it gets around the Renegade glitchy netcode that does not like flying infantry.

Guest Stormweaver

From what I understand from reading a former blog or something, he will have a script that turns him from an infantry into a VTOL aircraft or back at the push of a button, so it gets around the Renegade glitchy netcode that does not like flying infantry.

That is going to be awesome. Who needs stairs when you can fly >.<

Bar the standard weakness vs AA fire when in VTOL mode, will there be any disadvantage to, say, flying through your own barracks? and for the hell of it, will any buildings be given roof-based entrances, to make our little rocketman's entry just that bit funnier :p

Will techies and engineers still be able to repair the exterior of buildings inside a battle fortress?

Will the enviroment be interactive (ignoring easter eggs)? Like shooting a tea pot causes it to shatter.

Yes, this is more of a suggestion:

Should the real-life based weapons still be given fictional designations (like the Red Alert 3 Conscript's ADK-45, which is exactly identical to the AK-47)? And will Boris' AKM still have the RPK's square buttstock?:

Boris.jpg

1. Yes.

2. They should be able to.

3. This isn't the Source engine.

4. We'll be making it as close to the concept art as possible.

Bar the standard weakness vs AA fire when in VTOL mode, will there be any disadvantage to, say, flying through your own barracks? and for the hell of it, will any buildings be given roof-based entrances, to make our little rocketman's entry just that bit funnier :p

The War Factories have roof based entrances. There is no real disadvantage to flying around your own barracks other than it may cause a few camera issues.

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Will Zama make a comeback (in a RA2 style and named Zama II)?

Because I'm too lazy to look at older blogs, do you have designs of the war factories? And will they feature robot arms and assembly lines or just a simplified crane like in APB's war factories?

Can battle fortresses crush other vehicles?

Will infantry have an alternate firing modes and what will they be?

What will be the player limit for the official server?

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

Will Zama make a comeback (in a RA2 style and named Zama II)?

Because I'm too lazy to look at older blogs, do you have designs of the war factories? And will they feature robot arms and assembly lines or just a simplified crane like in APB's war factories?

Can battle fortresses crush other vehicles?

Will infantry have an alternate firing modes and what will they be?

What will be the player limit for the official server?

1. Don't know.

2. Interiors have not been fully designed/completed.

3. When they appear, yes.

4. Yes and go read the mod overview blog that I wrote a while back. It has that stuff in there. This info will eventually appear on the website.

5. We don't know yet.

More question cause i feel like asking

In RA2 there was no Silos(ore) so for infantry ONLY maps would they all have refinerys or would you make some system for income or would you make a Silo(ore) or are you not going to make any infantry ONLY maps :D

When Navy gets released (which i'm sure is not going to be anytime soon) how would you work the system with the destroyer and its Anti-Sub helicopter or whatever is called or you (guys) haven't really planned for Navy yet :)

The sentry gun won't fire at air units would it? i can't recall if you guys say this in that blog about the sentry gun and i'm to lazy to look ^^ in that case will Prism or Tesla coils fire at air units reason i ask this cause in APB i haven't see a flying map were there is a tesla coil or turrets for that matter or you guys aren't going to add any of that in flying maps :)

The Service depot was a massive structure and had a crane and had some what of some kind of tiny building what im saying is will the Service depot have a "inside" with MCT or will it just be a building you have to repair from the outside like the Service depot in APB :)

and last but not least

Where my Desolator?? :)

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Do tech structures have interiors and will engineers dissapear and respawn when they capture one?

What mind control mechanic will Yuri have (so far), after all that debate and stating that it won't be a one-shot-full-control thing? Also, will there be only one Yuri or will he be available to all players?

What (so far) is the building garrison mechanics?

What will be solved for Libya to make their Demolition Trucks enjoyable and not restricted like APB's Demos?

Will players spawn in destroyed buildings?

Since all vehicals get assorted camouflage, will infantry too?

When veiwed from the air (like in a Harrier), will the boundries of the map be made by fog and a wall of "trees", or will there be a continuing background? I thought that there will be a continuing background after seeing the Cargo Plane render on one of your blogs.

Are props (like bus stop shelters) destroyable, and if so, can they be repaired?

The sentry gun won't fire at air units would it? i can't recall if you guys say this in that blog about the sentry gun and i'm to lazy to look :) in that case will Prism or Tesla coils fire at air units reason i ask this cause in APB i haven't see a flying map were there is a tesla coil or turrets for that matter or you guys aren't going to add any of that in flying maps :D

If you have played APB 9935 there was a map called apathbeyond.mix that had anti ground defenses but no AA. Coils never fired at your longbow.

Are you crazy btw? You know that the Allied Nighthawk Transport is BASIC tech, you dont even need a radar for it! Plus, Harrier, Rocketeer and Soviet Spy plane are available at radar tech. Basicly, ALL MAPS will be erm... "flying" maps.

Do tech structures have interiors and will engineers dissapear and respawn when they capture one?

What mind control mechanic will Yuri have (so far), after all that debate and stating that it won't be a one-shot-full-control thing? Also, will there be only one Yuri or will he be available to all players?

What (so far) is the building garrison mechanics?

What will be solved for Libya to make their Demolition Trucks enjoyable and not restricted like APB's Demos?

Will players spawn in destroyed buildings?

Since all vehicals get assorted camouflage, will infantry too?

When veiwed from the air (like in a Harrier), will the boundries of the map be made by fog and a wall of "trees", or will there be a continuing background? I thought that there will be a continuing background after seeing the Cargo Plane render on one of your blogs.

Are props (like bus stop shelters) destroyable, and if so, can they be repaired?

1. Tech structures will have basic interiors. When you capture a building you will probably have to re-buy your engineer or equipment somehow. We've still got to think about that one.

2. I'm not going to divulge anything more about Yuri, since we've got to have some secrets, eh? He probably won't be limited though.

3. We are using the Renegade keycard system to garrison buildings at the moment. It's not working too badly.

4. We'll cross that bridge when we get there, although at this stage I'd probably say less damage dealt to structures, implying that you need more trucks for a successful rush.

5. We haven't decided yet. However, we are making spawn friendly areas, so you'll never spawn too deep into a building.

6. There's not much point in having infantry camoflage, but for certain units such as Tanya and the SEAL, there will be changable camoflage. The Spy won;t have changeable camoflage on the menu, he will spawn in his tuxedo.

7. So far we are aiming for continuing background.

Basicly, ALL MAPS will be erm... "flying" maps.

Unless it's an infantry only or basic basic tech map.

Guest ivan55599

when inf or vehicle get promoted, does it get same explosion effects like in ra2? (elite v3 launches mini nuke warheads, tesla trooper may fire multiple enemies with 1 bolt, if lucky)

is promotion system same as in ra2 or in cnc3? l prefer cnc3, because then there is less these situations: "FUKA l should get promoted if you wouldn shot that last bullet to him!"

is that PPSH in third person mode final model? it looks little weird imo, too long wooden back, looks more like rifle

when inf or vehicle get promoted, does it get same explosion effects like in ra2? (elite v3 launches mini nuke warheads, tesla trooper may fire multiple enemies with 1 bolt, if lucky)

is promotion system same as in ra2 or in cnc3? l prefer cnc3, because then there is less these situations: "FUKA l should get promoted if you wouldn shot that last bullet to him!"

is that PPSH in third person mode final model? it looks little weird imo, too long wooden back, looks more like rifle

1. Hopefully, yes.

2. The promotion system is the same as RA2 in terms of levels of promotion. But promotion is done by how much damage you do, not who gets the kill.

3. The animations aren't final yet, although it could do with some scaling down in the 3rd person perspective.