Blog 100 (24/09/08)

This is it friends! The 100th blog milestone! I honestly can't believe that I have been writing these for so long, since it feels like just yesterday when we were at C&C Source and just starting to write these blogs. Thank you all for your support and nice comments. We at the AR team of Bluehell Productions are overjoyed that our project has lasted for this long!

May 100 more blogs follow after this one!

<h3>Website</h3>

Yes ladies and gentlemen! The website is up and running! It is by no means complete yet, but Tankmaster and I will be updating it over the following weeks so that it will eventually be a powerful source of information on all things concerning Apocalypse Rising.

This week we shall be linking the site to www.apocrising.com for ease of use.

Notes to the public:

This site does not display correctly in Internet Explorer's 6 and 7 (It displays correctly in 8). This is due to that fact that Microsoft are incompetant when coding browsers and don't follow certain conventions. Firefox and Opera work fine though, as well as other browsers, including Chrome.

There is a lot of information missing from the site. But you'll have to bear with me as I update it.

We will eventually be adding a breakdown of each unit, structure and weapon in the game as well as a downloads database for videos and such, so keep watching this space.

Special thanks go to drunkill and The_Aces_of_Razgriz who have helped with some of the site graphics. Thanks also to Chronojam who helped me set the site up properly.

And finally, big thanks to Tankmaster for creating the site from scratch. Great stuff!

<h3>Warehouse</h3>

You may have seen the RA2 warehouse that Guy with a wrench released to the public a while back. Well, he has gone and textured it up for us, as well as make garrisonned versions too! We'll look into how this building will be garrisoned and make a up a video for you guys at a later date. For now, enjoy the images!

warehouse15-1.jpg

warehouse14-1.jpgwarehouse8-1.jpg

warehouse13-1.jpgwarehouse12-1.jpg

warehouse11-1.jpgwarehouse10-1.jpg

warehouse9-1.jpgwarehouse2-1.jpg

warehouse1-1.jpgwarehouse7-1.jpg

warehouse3-1.jpgwarehouse4-1.jpg

warehouse6-1.jpgwarehouse5-1.jpg

Note: a lot of the textures and props aren't final, but are there as placeholders to give you an idea of what it will look like once completed.

<h3>Air Force Command HQ Update</h3>

Zion is back from his break and has continued work on the AFCHQ. The internals are nearly complete and looking great. We have been forced to use an elevator in this structure but that will not be the only way to the top of the structure, since there will be ladders to clamber up. This will ensure that there are always multiple routes to the weakpoints of the structure.

Without further a do. Here is the updated model!

ACHQ06-1-1.png

<h3>Barracks Update</h3>

dtrngd has been working on improving the allied barracks for you guys to eventually run around in. This includes beginning to model the kitchen as well as add various other props like wall posters and such. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Cooker-1.pngCarvilleWall-1.png

LockerPoster-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I'm really enjoying university so far. I have been set most of my assignments already, so things are really going to kick off next week. I'll be modelling a living room, making a HL2 singleplayer map using Hammer, making a motion capture video and doing something related to design documents. All good!

cfehunter is selling me some computer parts. Expect to see a new monster PC appear next month.

danpaul88 chalked up a new personal best score of 8718 in Tetris Ultra mode!

Zion makes a shoutout to Andy and Nicole from my college, because he said he would, as well as everyone and anyone else who studys games development at Liverpool Community College. =^_^=

TheBeerinator got kidnapped by TruYuri and is being held hostage in an embarrassing position.

BogdanV is going to have less time again due to education.

Lord_Kane is back! His computer is now working again and he is a happy chap.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Check out these great videos from Kajetokun, Terry Yum Goong and Zeta Punch.

I laughed so much when I saw these.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Thanks For Reading</h3>

This has been the 100th Apocalypse Rising blog. Join us in a month for the two year blog anniversary!

Until next week my friends, farewell.

The sandbags in the window on the last warehouse image look odd. Mainly for the fact that, RA2 or not, there is no way I can see sand being so perfectly balanced in the bag like that and not just sag over into one side. Add in the fact that they would also not balance in that position and...yeah. That just looks plain weird.

Otherwise, looks good.

Love the ware house, and i love how it is when garraisoned.

The HQ looks so damn nice aswell, great work there!

Those barracks internals are awsome!!!

Lmao at those vids :p

Another great blog guys, happy 100th blog!

Guest AdrwIvrsn

The Terry Yum Goong video made rofl like crazy, good choice for 100.

I also like how the Airfield looks, and how it goes along with my catwalk idea with those balconies.

And will the crane in the warehouse be usable? It would be great to smash enemy soldiers who enter the warehouse with boxes.

Last, I'm wondering if you could make the soda machine interactive just for humor. Say, when you press 'E' when near the machine, a soda bottle drops out. You could do stuff like that with other props too.

The sandbags in the window on the last warehouse image look odd. Mainly for the fact that, RA2 or not, there is no way I can see sand being so perfectly balanced in the bag like that and not just sag over into one side. Add in the fact that they would also not balance in that position and...yeah. That just looks plain weird.

Otherwise, looks good.

Dang, you beat me to it. However, he did say that a lot of it is placeholders.

Otherwise, looks good.

Yeah im sorry for that, but I made those garrisoned parts as simple concepts of what it might look like ingame and its just an add-on not part of the actual building. But dont worry the final version will just be epic.

Guest theta123

Congrats AR team :D:):)

theBeerinator got kidnapped by TruYuri and is being held hostage in an embarrassing position.

Excellent

Cool warehouse and allied barracks :)

Guest Kurorahk

Congrats on the hundredth blog! And I must say the Airfield looks awesome and so does the warehouse, AR just keeps on getting better and better. I must say the Garrison function should be interesting to see though.

-Kurorahk-

Happy hundredth BenBen :>

Woot woot! Yay 100th anniversery! AR is getting old :>

Coke machine is win, as well as the posters in the allied barracks.

Everything is shaping up!

Love the ware house, and i love how it is when garraisoned.

The HQ looks so damn nice aswell, great work there!

Those barracks internals are awsome!!!

Lmao at those vids :p

Another great blog guys, happy 100th blog!

omg that was an awesome blog ....worth the wait :) and congrats on the website and 100th blog

:)

Wow 100 blogs. :)

Grats to the AR team. ^_^

Epic blog as always BenBen. >:3

Congrats AR team ^^ :o:o

Excellent

Cool warehouse and allied barracks :D

Happy hundredth!

:D

AMAZING BLOG.

love that warehouse

and cool airforce HQ

and cool barracks interior

Excellent stuff as always. Congratulations on your 100th blog!

That's some sweet texturework, and the arrival of the AR site = epic. Great job guys!

Congrats on the hundredth blog! And I must say the Airfield looks awesome and so does the warehouse, AR just keeps on getting better and better. I must say the Garrison function should be interesting to see though.

-Kurorahk-

Thanks guys. It's great to know that we have all your support when developing this game! :)