Blog 100 (24/09/08)

Great airfield and barracks though even if it's not final the warehouse appears IMO to be too long(though I don't actually remember RA2 that much).......

100 hmm I have sudden craving for century egg.....

Edited by LCM

Guest lawmakerex

Yay 100th blog, next stop, 1000th. The warehouse looks so huge and awesome the bar interior is just neat, even when unfinished i mean, who doesnt want a tanya poster in their locker, i bet even then soviet bar has one too (and of zofia of course).

Guest Stormweaver

"falconnnnn punch!"

<3 super smash bros

Where i'd normally be saying how awesome everything is, heres just a little question...

When tesla troopers use thier boltfist of doom to hit things, pleeeeeeease can they say "falcon punch!"

>.<

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Last, I'm wondering if you could make the soda machine interactive just for humor. Say, when you press 'E' when near the machine, a soda bottle drops out. You could do stuff like that with other props too.

I'm just wanting a responce for this idea. A way to describe this is those old storybook games where an action occured when you clicked on a certain item on the screen. It's just an Easter egg to add to the humor of AR (also, what was the name of the animated snowman in one of your maps? I'm too lazy to revisit that video).

Another Easter egg I thought of is having a note taped on the fridge saying "repair the fridge!" as a reference to these forums, and opening the fridge reveals a bunch of sandwiches.

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

Guest AdrwIvrsn

I'm just saying. Mabye I'll just repeat that idea when the project is almost done.

Anyways, what will the weak points be for the Airfield and where will they be?

How many men have you seen pregnant?

I doubt Tanya would be running around the field with a baby inside her either >_>

What? :)

I'm just wanting a responce for this idea. A way to describe this is those old storybook games where an action occured when you clicked on a certain item on the screen. It's just an Easter egg to add to the humor of AR (also, what was the name of the animated snowman in one of your maps? I'm too lazy to revisit that video).

Another Easter egg I thought of is having a note taped on the fridge saying "repair the fridge!" as a reference to these forums, and opening the fridge reveals a bunch of sandwiches.

It's pretty easy to do, but we don't want to share our easter eggs :D Find them yourself when the game is released :)

I'm just saying. Mabye I'll just repeat that idea when the project is almost done.

Anyways, what will the weak points be for the Airfield and where will they be?

Look at the older blogs, since it is mentioned there. But for your benefit they will be the missile racks, and the main controls for the aircraft lifts. Missiles in the basement, controls in the top.

This game looks awsome!!!!!!!! :):) Now to the questions: Is there a ranking system??? If so, whats the highest ranking, and will a topp ranked unit selfheal??? When is this game coming out??? Will this game contain superweapons??? Will Yuri´s forces be in this game???? That´s everything, for now!!!!!

Hope you ansswer all my questions!!!!! :D:):)

I got som more questions that i didn´t post last time!!!! Here they come: How does garrison work??? Will the enemy infantry be able to enter the building??? Will you be able to spawn in a garrisoned building??? Are all the RA2/YR tech buildings in this mod??? How does a Yuri unit work???? It will probably be more questions later :D:):):)

This game looks awsome!!!!!!!! :o:D Now to the questions: Is there a ranking system??? If so, whats the highest ranking, and will a topp ranked unit selfheal??? When is this game coming out??? Will this game contain superweapons??? Will Yuri´s forces be in this game???? That´s everything, for now!!!!!

Hope you ansswer all my questions!!!!! :D:):)

-Yes, there is a veteran ranking system. The rank levels are rookie, veteran (with one golden stripe) and elite (3 golden stripes). The elite units slowly renegerate their health and armor.

-There is no estimated date of when the game is coming out, but you can always see some progress in the weekly blogs.

-Yes, it will have superweapons, but not in the first release. At the moment, superweapons are planned to be in release 3.

-Yuri's forces as a separate team are not planned to be in at the moment, but Yuri himself as a soviet unit (as seen in red alert 2) should make an appearance in release 2.

I got som more questions that i didn´t post last time!!!! Here they come: How does garrison work??? Will the enemy infantry be able to enter the building??? Will you be able to spawn in a garrisoned building??? Are all the RA2/YR tech buildings in this mod??? How does a Yuri unit work???? It will probably be more questions later :):) ^^ :o

-We still haven't worked totally out how the garrisoning system will work, so let it be a surprise when it's done :)

-You probably won't spawn in a garrisoned building unless it's a mission map or something similar.

-All Tech Buildings are planned to be in.

-As Yuri is release 2 stuff and we're currrently working on release 1 stuff, "it's still all up in the air" and I'm too lazy to type in the current plans.