Blog 101 (01/10/08)

Guest HYBRID BEING

The drill and C4 look great, thought i'd like to see welder and dynamite more)

The crate is simple but that's not bad. The proper texture will surely make the crate fit the game.

The drill will not repair vehicles. This is undebatable.

The two WW referances were the Ion Cannon night light and the Sandworm, found in Emperor: Battle For Dune.

I hope the drills insta-gibs or does half health at least otherwise its useless IMHO especially with lag.

It would be fun driving a tank :D and seeing a wave of techies waiting to get run over if it did damage.

I hope Tanya doesn't C4 like in Yuri's revenge that would suck for my apocalypse tank spamming ways.

I hope Tanya doesn't C4 like in Yuri's revenge that would suck for my apocalypse tank spamming ways.

Even though there can be only one Tanya on the field at once?

Guest Kakashi

I hope the drills insta-gibs or does half health at least otherwise its useless IMHO especially with lag.

You do realize that the drill's main function is repairing buildings and not hurting enemies?

Guest Westy543

I was lured in here with the thumbnail in the News section by the C4 image, and dang how awesome that looks! But the drill is pretty cool, too. Is it going to be Renegade/APB-style where it repairs at a distance?

I was lured in here with the thumbnail in the News section by the C4 image, and dang how awesome that looks! But the drill is pretty cool, too. Is it going to be Renegade/APB-style where it repairs at a distance?

You mean drilling the air will repair stuff? I guess not.

Just wondering. what will the symbols be in the chat messages? (like con yard symbol, Ore Refinery symbol etc..) :)

ps: congrats dtrngd you have reached past the 1000 post milestone :D

Edited by j3rwx

Guest Xiphias6

You could have the voice of the unit ordered C4ing a building from in-game, but either it doesn't sound right, or it will be plain annoying when players press 1 and 2 continuously. Or to exploit it and start a phoney search :D

Just wondering. what will the symbols be in the chat messages? (like con yard symbol, Ore Refinery symbol etc..) :)

ps: congrats dtrngd you have reached past the 1000 post milestone :D

We may not use symbols. It is undecided as of yet.

Will the C4 beep when placed? Just think "Beep... beep... beep..beepbeepbeepBOOM". It'd be awesome.

It should begin to beep when you trigger the countdown or something similar.

Guest Xiphias6

Blow up in your face? :D

The C4 looks nice enough to be...remotely detonated...if the unit is killed after placing the C4...wonder if it's codeable to become timed :p

Guest GummiBear

I personally hate the timed C4 on APB, I think the C4 in AR should be detonated as soon as you trigger the switch.

ie. you want instant building destruction if you get to a buildings main weakpoint?

yes, I mean whats the point of having a detonator if all it triggers is a timer to detonate the bomb :p

If the C4 is planted, it gives you time to move around a bit before the switch is triggered and the Soviets are alerted, possibly to plant multiple charges on multiple buildings and set the timers both off, giving the soviets a choice on which building to run to.