Blog 109 (26/11/08)

You've guessed it, more barracks renders. But that's not all we have, oh no. Check below to see what you have and stop reading this........... now.

<h3>Barracks Completion Imminent</h3>

As you probably know well by now, TheBeerinator has been texturising the Allied Barracks. It has gotten to the stage where there is only a few objects left inside that actually need texturing, which is really exciting. We really can't wait to get this building into game to run around inside, because it is looking to be very nicely done out as well as layed out too. This should hopefully let us show you an awesome representation of what the barracks really looks like on the inside.

Anyway, enough chit chat. Here are the latest renders hot off the max.

barxfinito-1.jpgAlliedBeds-1.jpg

AlliedLockers-1.jpgAlliedWeaponLockers-1.jpg

nothingsuspicous-1.jpg

<h3>Urban Props</h3>

Poggel has been working on some civilian props for urban maps. so far, he has a fire hydrant, a bench and a bus shelter. These will be featured on urban maps to create an immersive gameplay experience. Check out these renders below!

hydrant-1.png

bench-1.pngbusstop-1.png

objectscene-1.png

<h3>Cargo Plane</h3>

Guy with a wrench has modelled up a cargo plane for use in paradrops and other such ventures. Check out this beast that'll be flying around an airspace near you soon!

C-130-1.jpg

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

Work continues on my HL2 level for my design coursework. It's looking pretty good now, which is satisfying. Also I shall be getting my new computer up together when I finish university for the year. This means I'll have an unholy amount of power from christmas time onwards. I'll post the exact specs up when I get the beast up and running, as it is currently still in bits.

cfehunter is alive!

Poggel and Guy with a wrench continue to churn out the 3d assets whilst dtrngd works on the soviet barracks and TheBeerinator textures the buildings as they come from dtrngd.

In response to all of the people who have come to ask me for a pr job "no, we are not replacing Coolrock".

<h3>OWA's Ranomd Corner</h3>

All I can say is "Screw the rules, I have green hair!"

<h3>*Looney Tunes Ending Melody*</h3>

That's all folks!

The mesh cages are gun lockers. The wire mesh texture will be alpha mapped soon.

Well, attack dogs do spawn at the barracks right?

Awsome little pics, will the tower be enterable =) I was always wondering that...

Yes, the tower will be enterable. Hence the ladder.

Very, very awesome. Can we please be able to blow the fire hyrant up? :D

Also, what's with the strings on the plane?

Perhaps.

Also:

c130fsmodel.jpg

Guest Kakashi

Well, attack dogs do spawn at the barracks right?

Interesting point, I haven't seen any part of the barracks (soviet or allied) that could be dedicated to holding them. Maybe a small fix is in order? A room with boxes for them to sleep in and box with rubber toys? Could be a weakspot, you blow it ==> no dogs available till it's repaired.

Edited by Kakashi

Guest Pyrodaimon

Excellent update. The Barracks will be fun to explore once it's finished (or is it "they're"?)

Also, I think the cages should be the dog kennels. After all, I thought that the weapons' and ammo deposit was located in the deepest part of the barracks and that they were the weak point of the whole building.

Beer has outdone himself once again, that barracks looks too awesome, very nice work!

Cool map props! That bus shelter is win!

Awesome looking cargo plane!!

Another great blog guys, keep it up!

Also, I think the cages should be the dog kennels. After all, I thought that the weapons' and ammo deposit was located in the deepest part of the barracks and that they were the weak point of the whole building.

That's where they are located....

Guest BaneOfSorrows

wow...talk about quick progress! O.o Barracks looks indescribably awesome.

The bus shelter looks great but...could we possibly change the picture on the side? I'd kinda like to be allowed to play this game... :D

wow...talk about quick progress! O.o Barracks looks indescribably awesome.

The bus shelter looks great but...could we possibly change the picture on the side? I'd kinda like to be allowed to play this game... :D

That texture is a placeholder until somebody gets and textures it for real.

Guest lawmakerex

The bar looks so spectacular with all that detail. If thats how the other buildings will be, then i can't wait to see the finished game.

BTW, I loled so hard at that picture at the bus shelter. Tell me, do all bus shelter in America have this kind of pictures? If so, i will be there tomorrow, or next week. You should leave the picture, it can hypnotize the enemy(not everyday soviets get to see hot allied chicks on a bus shelter, they probably see Boris a lot) making them stare at it pointlessly while we kill them off.

I still say awesome blog(nice bus shelter :D )

Guest Thumper

some of that texturing is plain lazy. but besides that it looks pretty good. I assume the park bench and fire hydrant textures arent done. they just look too clean.

None of those props are textured. I just slammed on a colour and left it like that.

And the chick in the bus shelter is not naked. It's an anti-fur campaign by PETA.

Guest Pelikan132

Amazing progress on the Barracks.

I had no idea so many people were asking about a PR job, I have to admit I thought about it.

Me too but I am not able to help. I live in Czech Republic and my computer is very weak.