Blog 185 (01/03/11)

Hello and welcome to Apocalypse Rising's blog 185! Once again they have let write me the blog but instead of wasting time reading this, you could be reading the juicy steak called the AR blog! (look down).

Alpha 10.1 videos

We have just released Alpha 10.1 to the testers and they love it. With a lot of stuff already in game plus some really good balancing so far, Apoc Rising is really awesome to play and we are trying to make it even better.

We recently had some test games to mark Renegade's birthday back on the 26th and managed to produce not 1, not 2 but 3 videos for you!

The first is an cool video by Wallywood showing off our new IFV and it's donzens of swapping heads!

The second is by Westy543 filming some of AR's gameplay from an outsider standpoint that really does show off how awesome AR is looking to date.

The last video is by one of our testers, WhiteDevil. He has put together a nice blend of spectator viewing and 3rd person playing, showing off what it's like to fly a Harrier and a ton more!

As you can see from these videos, AR is coming along really well. Please don't worry about the massive white buildings, they aren't final and WILL be textured when we release!

Random Corner

Even ducks do barrel rolls!

This proves that everyone loves Starfox games.

Big long goodbye!

That is it for another smashing Apoc Rising blog, be sure to keep on following us here, over at Moddb.com on Facebook and now on Twitter!

Guest EVA-251

Rocketeers look like a ***** to shoot down. I suppose flak based weapons will be more effective against them eventually?

Rocketeers look like a ***** to shoot down. I suppose flak based weapons will be more effective against them eventually?

they are acually pretty easy to take down as flak anti air has a "shotgun" effect and direct hits are pretty deadly

Guest Westy543

Yeah- flak units basically fire a gigantic shotgun of explosives. If one hits, they all hit. It performs like flak should. The catch is, it only works against aircraft. If you want to attack ground units, it has an arced flak ball that does decent damage. Sometimes you can still outright miss air units, but flak is damaging enough that it makes up for it. As for Prism Towers, right now it's known that they aren't properly balanced, in either range, damage, etc.

Also TeamWolf it's not January 3rd :D British time

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Which probably is because of the shotgun-effect Westy pointed out. It's much more spread at a distance, so it's easier to hit him.

But, yeah, he's a bugger to hit.

...for me at least. :D

Edit: Not to mention he also appears to move around less, so it's easier to aim with the mouse than if he is up close and moving all around your monitor. This is true for any video game.

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

Guest Inferno

They move THAT FAST?

I assume they have to be, otherwise they would just be fancy cannon fodder.

Edited by Inferno

Guest Xenon560

Looking very good guys, nice work.

Although i dont understand the reasoning behind the engi IFV not repairing vehicles but the engi being able to repair vehicles.

Looking very good guys, nice work.

Although i dont understand the reasoning behind the engi IFV not repairing vehicles but the engi being able to repair vehicles.

Wrong. Engi IFV can repair vehicles + buildings while technician IFV only repairs buildings.

Guest Alstar

I watched IFV movie one more time. And i think Ivan IFV is very very very OP :/ Does Ivan IFV shouldn't have demo explosion?

Guest Generalcamo
I watched IFV movie one more time. And i think Ivan IFV is very very very OP :/ Does Ivan IFV shouldn't have demo explosion?

It looks like it takes out most of a building's health, but when you think about it, it really isn't OP. You should be punished for allowing the soviets your IFV. And if you let them have two, you deserve to lose one of your buildings.

• 1 month later...
Guest ren9999

They were fancy cannon fodder in RA2 :)

yea go to RA2 or Yuris's revenge... 100 to 200 rocketeers can wreck absolute havoc... i have done it..... pwnt an entire base.

maybe i should make a video some time?

btw i have a feeling that THIS. WILL. BE. EPIC. :):D

Edited by ren9999

• 3 weeks later...