[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Look. I just want my kill count met. I believe it can be done by finding the rogue Kira. The only way to kill in this game aside from Chop's gun is notebook as far as I know. A JTF could kill Kira's and I'd still win.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Look. I just want my kill count met. I believe it can be done by finding the rogue Kira. The only way to kill in this game aside from Chop's gun is notebook as far as I know. A JTF could kill Kira's and I'd still win.

Didn't you say notebook use not kills was your goal?

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Orange, you said previously you have a night action that effected points. Did you use it?

The night after FRAYDO was revealed to be town I tried to give him a jump start on trust but was blocked. This was the first time, and the L action that night did go through. It was one shot and kinda useless, really, or maybe I wasn't clever enough to see when it could have really been useful. It let me spend proposal at night the same I as I did during day.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

So of course, you once again can't prove you did what you say you did.

Now, I'm having to try to process the point of this supposed ability. You're saying that you could dish out trust or suspicion just like during the day, with no bonuses?

No bonuses. Like I said, it doesn't seem like a very great power. I could theoretically have messed with someone stats for drama, but that's not a very town thing to do, or maybe there is/was some emergency case where someone needs points the next day in one of those two. It said it takes effect at the start of the next day.

I guess thematically, for Hideki Ide, it might be based off his sudden surprise ambush, helping from the shadows when nobody knew he was still on the case. Maybe the point was that I was hidden when doing the proposal of Trust? I don't know Verti logic as well as you guys.

Well, I think the real "bonus" for you is that your ability is hidden. Everyone else has to to their proposals publicly, while you could use yours in secret. Now, I don't see why a town player would need to secretly dish out proposal to someone, but I can see someone not wanting to publicly give trust to someone known to be bad or give suspicion to someone known to be good. Could just do the action in secret and then claim someone else did it to you as their night action.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well, I think the real "bonus" for you is that your ability is hidden. Everyone else has to to their proposals publicly, while you could use yours in secret. Now, I don't see why a town player would need to secretly dish out proposal to someone, but I can see someone not wanting to publicly give trust to someone known to be bad or give suspicion to someone known to be good. Could just do the action in secret and then claim someone else did it to you as their night action.

Or if we're in the theory that the scum had a hard time masoning, maybe making it harder for certain individuals to know who's solidly town and not third party pro-town. IDK, I'll admit that using it to make things right for FRAYDO after suggesting him was kind of a lame use, but I didn't foresee finding anything better. I think I'm basically intended to be the weakest town, IE almost vanilla in a power role game, and my strength is supposed to be my vote and general support.

Alright. So then I match this up against your earlier claim about not wanting to be "next on the chopping block."

You claim to be a minor character whose only ability is to use his proposal in secret, and you've wasted it. I've noticed that your claimed role is the first task force member on the wiki list of characters not already claimed. That makes sense in some ways, and is convenient in others. Meanwhile, Mojoman has been investigated and revealed to be task force, and Chaos_Knight has been investigated and is proven to be working against Jeod. And there is me, of course, though there was little reason to think I was under threat...If your role claim is true, I have little reason to believe that you would have been "next on the chopping block." Leaving out L as a potential target, I would expect Chaos would be targeted before you as things stand right now. 

I have to admit here that I still see an opening for you to be telling the truth, but I've got a lot of things stacked up on you now.

It's something you keep overlooking, the fact that names are needed. Everyone who's died has had their name revealed. The eyes don't appear to have been bought yet. I'd be next on the chopping block simply because I'd be the only name they'd have to use, and the rules Nod posted said if they don't use they lose it too, just like the earlier game of hot potato. I've held since the deaths started whoever got investigated would be written down in short order. Granted, part of that was based on them not wanting to off Misa, which was apparently false if you're telling the truth :p

I'm of the belief that if we never investigate Nod or Chop, they'll never die at this stage, because Kiras don't have their name, even though they're important, and they're not exactly jumping to meet new people in the dead of night. All we have to do is maintain our town voting majority, which requires people like me to survive, and while we may not win (quickly), we won't lose (probably). Maybe that's why I'm a little less frantic than you, if you've got that death over your head. If we don't reveal more town names we have all the time in the world.

Uh. I'm not sure I'm overlooking anything. There are three other players that have their names revealed. Right now.

"simply because I'd be the only name they'd have to use,"

You seem to be the one doing the overlooking, here.

We also have no reason to think that Jeod can't just use shittygami eyes at will or that whoever has the stolen book (*ahem*) could also be issued shittygami eyes. Infact, wouldn't making the deal for the eyes cost a night phase? I'm still looking for why the second book wasn't used...

I forgot Mojo, yeah. Mello isn't CK's real name though, so I don't think it'd work. Didn't we reason out a few days ago too that Jeod can't make the deal?

That said, this has been my prevailing motive for a while now. I don't know what to make of Mojo so I haven't updated it.

And, I should add, if you're lying, it all goes out the window because nobody is on the chopping block right now which is strange. I suppose Mojo would have said something by now if he was. All I could gather then is that whoever's scum is just derping around for no real reason, which is unpredictable.

On 3/19/2017 at 0:11 AM, ChopBam said:

##propose trust Nodlied all

ChopBam proposed *all* Trust Points to Nodlied!

22 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

##propose trust Nodlied 10,000

OrangeP47 proposed 10000 Trust Points to Nodlied!

UKV7fCm.png

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

I'm around, I'm around. Orange, you say you've had no direct contact with anyone right? Can everyone confirm this?

No, I've never said that? I've been in contact with Voe, then Chop, then KY currently.

Ok, good. That was a fuck ton of work, especially because VERTi60 changed how the formulas worked at least twice so far. But now, we have evidence we can easily peruse.

To begin, I want to focus attention on the image of the first three days. On Night 1, I am the only person who makes a move that changed any stats. My action increases my proposal 25%. Nobody else did anything.

Night 2, only Chaos_Knight does anything, and he, like me, used his action to increase his proposal. Everyone else used trust to decrease suspicion automatically.

Night 3, again only I take an action that effects these stats, raising my own proposal 59. Chaos_Knight also is the only person who loses all his proposal while being investigated. Still don't know why.

Night 4 is where stuff starts to change. VERTI60 changed the formula with which inflation occurs, and also penalizes final proposal by equal amounts as suspicion removed by trust. OrangeP47 spends 50 proposal on something. Keep the 50 in mind, it's important. Meanwhile, Killing_You gets hit with a proposal and trust penalty.

Night 5, FRAYDO spends 50 proposal to take all trust from OrangeP47. and also ~66% of proposal. Nobody else made an action that does anything here.

Night 6, everything goes fucking nuts and I can't fully place everything yet. VERTi60 changed the inflation formula again which made it harder to get the expected values, but I got it through guesswork. Chaos_Knight spends 50 proposal do presumably raise Jeod's suspicion. I spend 50 proposal to steal Jeod's trust and also increased my own proposal by 25%. Killing_You loses trust but gains Proposal. Mojoman lost 800 more trust than should have been used to remove suspicion. OrangeP47 also loses 200 proposal and 400 more trust is lost than was needed to reduce suspicion. Jeod lost a lot of proposal. I imagine he spent it on shittygami eyes, but I can't accurately pin what actions cost him how much.

What is going on with you two, OrangeP47 and Mojoman?

12 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

What is going on with you two, OrangeP47 and Mojoman?

Well, with what, specifically. There's a lot going on here, and for Night 6 I actually didn't realize how messed up the figures were. I'd actually given up just eyeballing it. That 50 I spent N4 was 50 I was giving to FRAYDO because my goal was get to 'get him out of the box', as I always put it, and make it so even if we got distracted D5 he'd been able to meet that night, since we'd confirmed him town. I had the ability to set how much I spent, and while I've said already I may have wasted my action using it on something lame, I'll fully admit I'm pretty lame for only giving that much :p I'm a cheapskate :p

12 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Oh, I forgot to say, I'm indicting you as being responsible for what happened to Killing_You, OrangeP47. Similar PMs my ass

Are you saying you believe I did whatever happened to KY because my proposal expenditure that same night, and if it had been FRAYDO then someone else (or FRAYDO) would have seen a similar likewise increase? Yeah, we've already had this conversation, which is why we've been talking about *multiple* roleblockers not *the* roleblocker. All we know is the PMs are similar. I told KY first what the wording on mine was, and he told me, so I couldn't have just copied him. Yeah, you can't see this conversation, but you can ask KY for confirmation and his trust hopefully carries some weight. As always, you can take it or leave it. I'll admit, I don't have an alternative theory. My PM that night did contain a bit *extra* compared to KY's though. Mine was 2 lines, his was one line. The line that did not match had flavor text fitting of FRAYDO's action, while the line that *did* match was identical, however this is extra baffling as the non-matching effect was not the one FRAYDO claimed.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I find it more than a little convienient that the amount you planned to spend on FRAYDO is also exactly the amount that everyone else has spent on their night actions. Up until Night 6 with you, that is. What did you do Night 6?

I didn't do anything last night. I actually didn't know my CVC levels were off until you pointed it out just now.