[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Just now, Killing You said:

Yeah, that's cool. Now, stop reading past mafias and get back to our meeting doc. You're dodging me left and right and I'm getting quite pissy.

I don't want to just up and role claim, unless there's like overwhelming group pressure to do so.

Hey, I'm the one playing the game within the parameters VERT gave me when I agreed to join. I've been playing on the fence all game and not really getting involved, trying to keep my options open. I didn't want to keep the book so I gave it to the person who I thought gave it to me, expecting he would pass it back and we could play hot potato for a while until I decided I needed it. I still didn't have to choose a side until I got a PM that made it obvious that I'm going to die, which auto-fails my win condition. Now my only way of winning is to take you down. You brought this on yourself.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Hey, I'm the one playing the game within the parameters VERT gave me when I agreed to join. I've been playing on the fence all game and not really getting involved, trying to keep my options open. I didn't want to keep the book so I gave it to the person who I thought gave it to me, expecting he would pass it back and we could play hot potato for a while until I decided I needed it. I still didn't have to choose a side until I got a PM that made it obvious that I'm going to die, which auto-fails my win condition. Now my only way of winning is to take you down. You brought this on yourself.

So you're dying soon, but you think you can win before then?

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Not my fault your delay in choosing a side caused this turn of events.

Only if we can win today with a correct investigation, or if there is some other way to stop the Death Note from taking effect. Otherwise, no, I'm basically out of the game already. I could just decide to walk away and let you guys figure it out. Would you prefer that?

Rage quitting again?

Just now, Mojoman said:

You could always meet with someone else who has a true death note tonight. If they also write your name, it cancels out.

Has to be written the same phase I think.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Only if we can win today with a correct investigation, or if there is some other way to stop the Death Note from taking effect. Otherwise, no, I'm basically out of the game already. I could just decide to walk away and let you guys figure it out. Would you prefer that?

Well whichever is more fun, as that is the point of this game. I just don't think town can win today, and you're not town even if you play town so you have a different objective anyway.

6 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

The least you can do is place your vote on Orange. If you are a dead man walking, use your last breath to catch him. And the next day (if we haven't won by then), we nab Jeod. You will be avenged.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

The least you can do is place your vote on Orange. If you are a dead man walking, use your last breath to catch him. And the next day (if we haven't won by then), we nab Jeod. You will be avenged.

Good luck with that. Nod has only opened a fake book and none of you have a real book to open to be able to see me.

Maybe that's what the Kira message means though. "This is what happens to failures" means other Kira suspect sees Cat 5 as a failed Kira, as Jeod ranted about a few days ago, "You have one chance", they'll write him in the second book to cancel him out if he "shapes up" as a proper Kira or something.

Just now, Jeod said:

Good luck with that. Nod has only opened a fake book and none of you have a real book to open to be able to see me.

And who says we have to open it, eh? After all, we don't know for sure what the conditions for seeing you are... unless the book was real and you're trying to Pillbox us again.

Lore-wise, you simply have to touch a part of the notebook to see a Shinigami. So cut the crap. It's over. You lose. Your attempts to demoralize us are futile.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Maybe that's what the Kira message means though. "This is what happens to failures" means other Kira suspect sees Cat 5 as a failed Kira, as Jeod ranted about a few days ago, "You have one chance", they'll write him in the second book to cancel him out if he "shapes up" as a proper Kira or something.

If I were town I would call you out on this as hinting that you're the other suspect trying to get Cat5 to side with you. You'd make a terrible scum partner dude.

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

And who says we have to open it, eh? After all, we don't know for sure what the conditions for seeing you are... unless the book was real and you're trying to Pillbox us again.

Lore-wise, you simply have to touch a part of the notebook to see a Shinigami. So cut the crap. It's over. You lose. Your attempts to demoralize us are futile.

Suit yourself.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

If I were town I would call you out on this as hinting that you're the other suspect trying to get Cat5 to side with you. You'd make a terrible scum partner dude.

That's one of the things I was talking about, yes. Keeps using scum perspective. One of the things you are best at pinging me on!

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That's one of the things I was talking about, yes. Keeps using scum perspective. One of the things you are best at pinging me on!

Which is why I use scum perspective as a play style. :)

I'm a very empathetic person :p

But seriously, how can you hunt scum unless you think like a scum? Most people are known, only KY and myself are unknowns. KY and I obviously have been talking for awhile, but that's not good evidence for any of you (and I never said it was, just that it was documented :p )

I'm still suspicious of the fact that I had to walk back your claim of proof from "I clearly talked about it openly so I did it" down to "I can't prove it"

Maybe I'm just annoyed nobody seemed concerned at the time. If you really did post about it I missed it, which is a shame.

You're free to try and poke holes in what I've said, I just want it clear that I haven't been quiet. It seemed to me you were trying to silence my side of the story, which was really tripping my scum sensors hard.

What if Jeod was given a new role? You know, again, just because. Maybe he isn't Ryuk any more. That's why he can use the note books.

Well, obviously that would make him an easier target. We know from experience that when we know he's scum, we can never let up on him.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

But seriously, how can you hunt scum unless you think like a scum? Most people are known, only KY and myself are unknowns. KY and I obviously have been talking for awhile, but that's not good evidence for any of you (and I never said it was, just that it was documented :p )

Oh you dirty asshole. I straight up roleclaim and be completely transparent, yet you act shady and question dodge both here and in the meeting doc, even refusing to roleclaim to my face IN PRIVATE WHEN I TRUSTED YOU, and you have the balls to call ME an UNKNOWN?!

If I could write flavor into your execution, I'd hang you with your own windpipe.