[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

If not them, who? And why don't you suspect them? We've just witnessed two days of Mojoman working in Jeod's favor. OrangeP47 had L powers when the notebook went missing and also when instructions were written in it. Killing_You hasn't told us anything about any thing he has done this game, as best as I can remember.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Killing_You hasn't told us anything about any thing he has done this game, as best as I can remember.

Mostly because I haven't done very much besides meet with Nodlied and Orange. Oh, and I used my proposal point boost ability last night. We're in emergency mode, and I want to be able to use them whenever possible.

As a pre-note, I enjoy how Nod's refusal to say Shinigami has caught on.

10 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't see the logic here.

I still don't understand Mojo.

8 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If not them, who? And why don't you suspect them? We've just witnessed two days of Mojoman working in Jeod's favor. OrangeP47 had L powers when the notebook went missing and also when instructions were written in it. Killing_You hasn't told us anything about any thing he has done this game, as best as I can remember.

I've been pretty up front about my experiences with L powers. Investigating Chop because Voe and I were not sure. Getting blocked harder than usual when I was going to check to make sure you didn't do anything the second time I had it. KY and I have had long conversations about the role blockers because we've both experienced the point drain and I'm surprised it never got more public attention.

CVC levels have been odd all game, and nobody has seemed to care. There's probably been a ton of people using who knows what powers and none of us picked up on it. I've always tried to point out when things are fishy with that to see if there's a bite, but it's seemed like few others have been willing to talk about that.

Well, to be frank, if you were in a position where you already knew ChopBam's alignment and knew you'd be "roleblocked", then you could claim everything you just said and nobody could prove otherwise. It all seems too perfect to me.

Are you saying you think there's a possibility me and ChopBam were/are a scum team?

I mean, that's a valid belief to have, in that I can see how in a vacuum you might come to think that, even if it's not true, but I don't see how you could come to that conclusion through the other specific points you've made. If I was working with him why would we craft a whole elaborate song and dance when we could have just said nothing?

On roleblocking:  KY and I got very similar PMs when our points were drained. FRAYDO admitted to draining me, and I think he had good intentions. He said he didn't drain KY though. The first time I got roleblocked it just blocked my special ability, but did not block the L power. The second time, the L power was blocked.  It's a big mess, and we have already said all this publicly at least twice. Where was everyone else to help us figure it out then?

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Anything about these conversations you've been having should be just coming out now. Just turn over the bucket and spill it all over the thread. We're looking at a potential end game here. There is no point for secrets at this stage.

Talking to me or Orange? Because if it's me, I've basically been making everything clear. Nodlied and I wanted to get the notebooks locked down at any cost, as well as prevent Voe from meeting Jeod. This was done. Then Orange and I met up, and we were highly suspicious of Mojoman. We were also unsure of Choppy, though we kind of let him off the hook when Mojo flipped Matsuda, and just decided that Mojo was nuts. Currently we can't make heads or tails of the situation, and we're thinking that investigating Jeod will finally reveal some answers. We just need people who have touched a Death Note to be on board.

First, about ChopBam, no, that isn't what I mean. I'm saying you could pretend to do an investigation, declare out loud that he is clear as a "result" of it, meanwhile do something else. ChopBam would not have to be on your team for this, and indeed it might work better if he wasn't as you'd get townie cred from him, and even more if ChopBam does indeed turn out to be town. The only way you could lose in this scenario is if ChopBam was actually anti-town and also anti-whateveryouare, because he'd know that your investigation was fake and could use that against you. That doesn't seem likely, now does it?

I just used a point-draining action and it doesn't roleblock. I don't think points have anything to do with it. You are still the only person who has ever been roleblocked, and you've claimed two variants of it.

I wasn't specifically talking to you, Killing_You, but it does apply. If any of you think you have aces up your sleeves through your discussions with each other, the time to use them is now.

I wish I had one.

First, about ChopBam, no, that isn't what I mean. I'm saying you could pretend to do an investigation, declare out loud that he is clear as a "result" of it, meanwhile do something else. ChopBam would not have to be on your team for this, and indeed it might work better if he wasn't as you'd get townie cred from him, and even more if ChopBam does indeed turn out to be town. The only way you could lose in this scenario is if ChopBam was actually anti-town and also anti-whateveryouare, because he'd know that your investigation was fake and could use that against you. That doesn't seem likely, now does it?

I just used a point-draining action and it doesn't roleblock. I don't think points have anything to do with it. You are still the only person who has ever been roleblocked, and you've claimed two variants of it.

Well, as for that first paragraph, I can see how that would be a good tactic, but it just isn't what was going on. If Voe was still here, he could tell you, as it is you can go back and look how hard he was pulling against Chop at that time. We even discussed afterwards I did that mostly for Voe as his fervor was a bit convincing, despite his tendencies. You can even go back and check where I said I didn't 100% tell Voe I was indeed going to do that in case I changed my mind :p but I did not change my mind.

As for the points causing roleblock, or not, I actually agree, I think it was two different people targeting me, which is why it's more distressing.

Now, since you have been revealed as a Kira Suspect I've been one of the people most willing to give you benefit of the doubt. Indeed, if you really are point locked and next on the block (I'm not 100% on this) I'd be even more sympathetic. But now that you've launched into this conversation, the fact that you overlooked all these things I've said previously is kind of suspicious to me...

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well, as for that first paragraph, I can see how that would be a good tactic, but it just isn't what was going on. If Voe was still here, he could tell you, as it is you can go back and look how hard he was pulling against Chop at that time. We even discussed afterwards I did that mostly for Voe as his fervor was a bit convincing, despite his tendencies. You can even go back and check where I said I didn't 100% tell Voe I was indeed going to do that in case I changed my mind :p but I did not change my mind.

As for the points causing roleblock, or not, I actually agree, I think it was two different people targeting me, which is why it's more distressing.

Now, since you have been revealed as a Kira Suspect I've been one of the people most willing to give you benefit of the doubt. Indeed, if you really are point locked and next on the block (I'm not 100% on this) I'd be even more sympathetic. But now that you've launched into this conversation, the fact that you overlooked all these things I've said previously is kind of suspicious to me...

How does a discussion in a google doc prove that you did what you say you did? That isn't proof of anything. You could still tell Voe in advance that you were going to do an investigation and then "do" it, and tell Voe the "result". How could Voe tell whether you did it or not?

I mean, here, have this alternative theory. We all just saw what happened to FRAYDO. Now anyone can fake being under the Death Note if we assume the same tactic is used twice. Personally, I think using the same tactic being used twice would be kind of stupid. I mean, locking points is a big tip off, why would the writer even add that in? Yeah, FRAYDO piled on Jeod, so keeping those points saved for that might be a good idea, but it's not like most people blow their entire proposal each day. Why would Kira tip off Cat 5 that he's about to die? Why not just phrase it "any proposal remaining?" Maybe it's true, but whoever is writing these things must not be the brightest bulb in the pack.

That Kira message too. Cat 5 knows Jeod isn't happy with how he's playing Misa. Sending that message is a good way to cast suspicion off himself, as Misa becomes some kind of town-martyr.

That, combined with Cat 5's sudden offensive could be all some big push by the Kira Suspects staring the starlett herself who's finally been activated.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

How does a discussion in a google doc prove that you did what you say you did? That isn't proof of anything. You could still tell Voe in advance that you were going to do an investigation and then "do" it, and tell Voe the "result". How could Voe tell whether you did it or not?

We had the discussion publicly too...

Having a discussion about something nobody can prove happened, is not proof! And you know this because you just tried to suggest that I'm doing the same thing!

I was never trying to prove anything because nothing can be proven :p

My point, which I'll make again, because it was perhaps not the best worded, is that my side of the story is well documented. That doesn't mean my side of the story is true, yes, but what I'm concerned with you about is why are you concerned with my side of the story *now* when you weren't *then*?

The other thing you're doing right now that has me very interested, is that you're approaching all your arguments from scum-perspective.

Why is the fact that I'm playing town-sided an issue to you?

Why are you worried about point-locking being a tipoff to the victim?

You aren't playing town-sided, which is my issue. You're setting off my scum senses pretty hard, and you are technically a Kira suspect. I believe I am giving you a large margin of the benefit of the doubt right now. That theory I just proposed is outlandish, perhaps, but my point was from a proof stand point it's just as good as yours. If you think it's scum-sided, maybe that's because it's equally valid as your theory?

I mean sure, lets discuss these things. I just want everyone to be aware that my side of the story is out there and they can go hunt for it, because you seem to be actively trying to make people think I have not spoken on this subject before.

Did I not spend most of the last day wondering why nobody else got roleblocked and pointing out you could have been faking your claims? This isn't a sudden reversal. What has changed is the circumstances. Before you looked pretty innocent, and then the lack of others suffering from your problems sticks out as suspicious. And you haven't been responding to my attacks very well. You just tried to explain away my argument as if it wasn't logical for me to find that suspect, and then flip the same accusation on to me without even blinking that you just called the same reasoning illogical.

Did I not spend most of the last day wondering why nobody else got roleblocked and pointing out you could have been faking your claims? This isn't a sudden reversal. What has changed is the circumstances. Before you looked pretty innocent, and then the lack of others suffering from your problems sticks out as suspicious. And you haven't been responding to my attacks very well. You just tried to explain away my argument as if it wasn't logical for me to find that suspect, and then flip the same accusation on to me without even blinking that you just called the same reasoning illogical.

Did you point that out? If so, I must have missed it. I still would have liked a larger discussion on the matter.

Also, I never said it wasn't fair to suspect me. I've always acknowledged that's fair. I've kept my own info the closest in of anyone, probably.

To be clear, too, while I did posit these theories, I'm not pressing them as likely, at the moment. I was trying to make a point, but it seems lost for now. If we can only talk about one person at a time, go ahead, ask questions. I'll answer them assuming they aren't fatal.

You know, I just realized... All of us have been forward with our identities, except yourself, Orange. I mean, let's look at the list.

Me: Naomi Misora
Jeod: Ryuk
Voe: Kanzo Mogi (RIP)
Chopbam: Watari
Chaos_Knight: Mello
FRAYDO: Shuichi Aizawa (RIP)
Mojoman: Touta Matsuda
Nodlied: Soichiro Yagami
Category 5 Hurricane: Misa Amane
OrangeP47: UNKOWN

If that ain't a red flag the size of Texas, I don't know what is.

##vote OrangeP47

Oh, and expect a full scale interrogation in the google doc. Enough games.

I find it hard to believe you didn't notice almost getting investigated yesterday.

Though I also notice that Jeod voted for you as well...that's certainly something I need to think about.

I noticed, and as I said at the time, it was entirely fair, as I'm an unknown. I would greatly prefer my name not being public though, so I'm not next on the chopping block. I believe that's reasonable, especially as people are now dying. That said, I would take the bullet for Nod or Chop, and they are vastly more important than me.  As I've said, I'm basically a vanilla townie with a pretty lame power.

It appears KY might want me to role claim, and I'm not sure that's wise :p