[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Just now, Jeod said:

1) Suspicion level does not negate majority trust. Technically it's possible to have majority on both.

2) Neither am I, but it's not what you're thinking.

1) If it's a tie, technically though. We're tied.

2) Group consensus:  Is this a serious threat or are shinigami composed mostly of hot air?

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

1) If it's a tie, technically though. We're tied.

2) Group consensus:  Is this a serious threat or are shinigami composed mostly of hot air?

2) It's a little of both. I do like gloating.

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Could somebody give me 1 trust please just to spite this guy? Thanks ;)

Wish granted.

##propose trust OrangeP47 1

Ohh I love being a dick sometimes.

Also FRAYDO, as Orange said the text was very similar, and the ability seemed identical. Though perhaps my points were simply drained rather than stolen.

As far as trustworthiness is concerned, here's what I think:

1. Nodlied
2. OrangeP47
3. FRAYDO
4. ChopBam
5. Category 5
6. Mojoman
7. FOX News
8. Jeod

9 hours ago, Mojoman said:

##propose trust Jeod 2000

And lo and behold, Mojo and Jeod buddying up in public. How quaint. If I wasn't certain about Mojoman being suspect alpha before, I am now. And *if* he is gimmicked, then we'll have reason to believe that a player doesn't have to be investigated before being targeted.

Alright, I don't have much time to make a post, so my argument will have to be as short as possible.

Since Nodlied may have confirmed that there isn't another shittygami, the person who made the kill must have done so with the book that was already confiscated. This means either Jeod recollected it and passed it again, or someone had access to where the book was kept and took it.

I suspect that people assigned the most trust might have access to that book. It may be possible that a Kira was given access and he took it during that time.

Frankly, I have suspicions on OrangeP47 now. He's claimed to have been roleblocked twice and the roleblock didn't even work the same way each time. Nobody else has ever been roleblocked, and if a roleblocker did exist, would there be much point to L powers? He also "guessed" correctly on how shittygami eyes would work better than I did, even though I'm supposed to be the character that has them and the way they work doesn't even make sense to me. Now, maybe others have been roleblocked but they didn't do anything anyway, so they didn't notice. Maybe roleblocking is limited in use. Maybe I'm just too stupid to figure out that shittygami eyes mean you can kill without knowing who the target is. Still this makes me want to check out this guy. We've been giving him a lot of credit and access without checking his credentials.

On the flip side, if I believe OrangeP47, then I suspect Mojoman. I noticed earlier that Mojoman said that ChopBam told him his real name. My question about that is, how do you know it's his real name? Mojoman may have already opened a book and then passed it away, and then made a kill when he got it back.

Then there is Killing_You. He really wanted to avoid investigation yesterday. Perhaps he was holding a book? In this scenario, I'd suggest that there are two active books, and one killed Voe while the other is controlling Mojoman, who will die soon if that is the case, making him not really worth investigating unless he survives.

I think my first case makes the most sense, but I won't be around again until after hammer. I'll place my vote now.

##vote OrangeP47

Also, keep me locked up, please.

9 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

On the flip side, if I believe OrangeP47, then I suspect Mojoman. I noticed earlier that Mojoman said that ChopBam told him his real name. My question about that is, how do you know it's his real name?

I don't know how many different ways I can rephrase this, but Mojoman used an item the first night that gave me his name.

Just now, Jeod said:

His points are locked. Too bad.

Should that be the truth then we have more than enough other friendlies out there that will be able to throw you back into the spotlight.

2 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Should that be the truth then we have more than enough other friendlies out there that will be able to throw you back into the spotlight.

You mean like this?

##propose suspicion Jeod 2000

Good luck doing anything.

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Frankly, I have suspicions on OrangeP47 now. He's claimed to have been roleblocked twice and the roleblock didn't even work the same way each time.

It was almost certainly two different people. FRAYDO even confessed to the second one.

On the flip side, if I believe OrangeP47, then I suspect Mojoman. I noticed earlier that Mojoman said that ChopBam told him his real name. My question about that is, how do you know it's his real name? Mojoman may have already opened a book and then passed it away, and then made a kill when he got it back.

This is sort of what my thought process is right now. I've been townreading Orange the whole game, while Mojo's been sending up bad signals. Particularly today. But if he flips town, then Orange would be suspicious. Not implication worthy just yet, but suspicious.

Then there is Killing_You. He really wanted to avoid investigation yesterday. Perhaps he was holding a book? In this scenario, I'd suggest that there are two active books, and one killed Voe while the other is controlling Mojoman, who will die soon if that is the case, making him not really worth investigating unless he survives.

I was focused on getting the notebooks locked down, and given my role I didn't really want to come out. As for if I had a book, had that been the case I would've opened it while Nodlied followed up on our original plan. After all, my win condition simply says that I have to be holding the notebook at the end of the game.

(Sidenote: our "original plan" that we were talking about and were keeping secret was for Nodlied to pass you his notebook and then re-investigate you. Our line of thinking was that maybe having a canon Kira holding a notebook upon investigation would help advance the game. It's apparent that this isn't the case, and I'm glad we made the adjustments that we did.)

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

I don't know how many different ways I can rephrase this, but Mojoman used an item the first night that gave me his name.

That seems a little weird. What kind of item would do that, I wonder?

Seeing how the proposal points have been passed this day, I am decided. I suspect the Kiras have something to hide, and my top two suspects are OrangeP47 and ChopBam.

##vote OrangeP47

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

I will guess this item that Mojoman used was his ID card, naively revealing everything about him to you. If you are a Kira as I suspect, then Mojoman is compromised.

Well, I'll lead with just an unfortunate fact, while I'm normally able to be around for hammer today is like the one day I won't be. In about 5ish hours I'll be afk and get back maybe an hour or so after hammer.

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Alright, I don't have much time to make a post, so my argument will have to be as short as possible.

Since Nodlied may have confirmed that there isn't another shittygami, the person who made the kill must have done so with the book that was already confiscated. This means either Jeod recollected it and passed it again, or someone had access to where the book was kept and took it.

I suspect that people assigned the most trust might have access to that book. It may be possible that a Kira was given access and he took it during that time.

Frankly, I have suspicions on OrangeP47 now. He's claimed to have been roleblocked twice and the roleblock didn't even work the same way each time. Nobody else has ever been roleblocked, and if a roleblocker did exist, would there be much point to L powers? He also "guessed" correctly on how shittygami eyes would work better than I did, even though I'm supposed to be the character that has them and the way they work doesn't even make sense to me. Now, maybe others have been roleblocked but they didn't do anything anyway, so they didn't notice. Maybe roleblocking is limited in use. Maybe I'm just too stupid to figure out that shittygami eyes mean you can kill without knowing who the target is. Still this makes me want to check out this guy. We've been giving him a lot of credit and access without checking his credentials.

I think my first case makes the most sense, but I won't be around again until after hammer. I'll place my vote now.

##vote OrangeP47

Also, keep me locked up, please.

I can understand some of your suspicious, but others I cannot. When did I guess how the eyes had worked better than you? I speculated on it a bit, yes, but I think a lot of our speculation occurred after Nod posted that rule, yes? Regardless, if you don't like me having the most trust, let's just give it to Chopbam or someone. I've never contested this is a valid and perhaps desirable action, it's just always wound up the past two turns with me having it.

As for role blocking, with my talks with KY we actually think there are multiple people going around doing things. FRAYDO confessed to one, I'll believe him that he didn't do the other part, but he also claims it wasn't him that did KY. With FRAYDO himself being unable to use proposal today (which is something he's said himself too, not just a Jeod claim, why are we ignoring this?) I'd imagine maybe he's gotten role blocked too.

As it influences L powers, honestly I don't know what's up there. I've gotten interesting flavor text with it, but I can't really compare it to earlier when the game was calmer because I didn't see those PMs. I get the impression though L's kind of going off the rails cause the town's derping up.

I can understand why you might have your doubts, but I don't see you as having enough to go full in like that. The trust mechanic is simple, let's give it to someone else. I'll even use my points if you want. If you want to investigate me I guess that's technically fine. I did list myself as the 3rd best option (on the other side of you from Mojo, feeling the pressure there perhaps ;) ), but given that Voe just got offed I'd kind of like to not die in short order if that's possible.

That's a good point about Chop knowing Mojo's name. I had forgotten about that or missed it. Care to share Chop, it might influence or decision making.

1 hour ago, Chaos_Knight said:

About Orange. One thing.

He had access to the L stuff on the night when Note confiscated from me was stolen.

He never said (AFAIK) what he did that night either.

So, care to enlighten us?

I said it *at least* five times. I used it to check out Chop's alignment because Voe and I were still majorly suspicious, and I cleared him.

59 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Seeing how the proposal points have been passed this day, I am decided. I suspect the Kiras have something to hide, and my top two suspects are OrangeP47 and ChopBam.

While obviously in this case, my word on Chop would not influence you, but did not others also clear Chop? Could those people perhaps come forward again?

58 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I will guess this item that Mojoman used was his ID card, naively revealing everything about him to you. If you are a Kira as I suspect, then Mojoman is compromised.

Well, if I remember correctly, ChopBam said that the item sent up a "signal" that notified him. Odd thing for an ID card to so, plus it makes me wonder what role that not only Mojo has, but also Choppy.

Oh, and since the scores are tied and I want Mojo to be investigated...

##propose suspicion Mojoman 500

I really don't know what Mojo is doing right now, but yes, he did use an emergency belt beacon that rang me on N1. His character's name was revealed to me, but it wasn't told to me that it was Mojoman. Remember my goal D2 was to find the person that rang the beacon? I didn't phrase it in such obvious terms, but I recall being clear about needing to meet someone, as they might have been in danger. I didn't know it was Mojoman at the time, but I did know the character's name. Later on Mojo revealed to me that he rang the beacon. Since nobody else has come forward about that at all, I can only assume it was he, and thus I know his character's name (and I think he knows mine, from that same action).

Do we think that Nod is safe to dump trust into again, that opening the book did not turn him? Now that Mojo is almost out we can probably safely decide who we give more than Jeod. I am more than willing to pony up for it. Given that I'm on the chopping block, it probably shouldn't be me. It also appears people are suspicious of Chop, so maybe not him. FRAYDO wants it, which would be suspicious if he wasn't confirmed town, but the fact that he says he can't use proposal is a very very bad sign IMO. That basically leaves Nod left...

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Also, since we know FRAYDO is clear,

I am highly concerned about him saying he can't use proposal this day, though. If we as a group decide to make him the trust-dump, though, I won't argue against consensus. I'll even chip in a bit in case anyone else comes out of the woodwork to pile on Jeod.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I don't think more trust is going to hurt Nodlied or FRAYDO. It may go to waste if one of them dies, but I'd rather it be used for something good in this world.

I suppose I do have an unhealthy obsession with efficiency. So be it. I'll give them a buffer.

##propose trust FRAYDO 1586

##propose trust Nodlied 1500

17 hours ago, Mojoman said:

##propose trust Cat5 844

Mojoman proposed 844 Trust Points to Category 5 Hurricane!

16 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

##vote Mojoman

[Vote Counted] OrangeP47 voted Mojoman to be investigated!

13 hours ago, Killing You said:

##propose trust OrangeP47 1

Killing You proposed 1 Trust Points to OrangeP47!

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote OrangeP47

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted OrangeP47 to be investigated!

1 hour ago, Killing You said:

##propose suspicion Jeod 2000

Killing You proposed 2000 Suspicion Points to Jeod!       

1 hour ago, FRAYDO said:

##vote OrangeP47

[Vote Counted] FRAYDO voted OrangeP47 to be investigated!

34 minutes ago, Killing You said:

##propose suspicion Mojoman 500

Killing You proposed 500 Suspicion Points to Mojoman!        

14 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

##propose trust Jeod 1500

(Think I did the math right, if not, just take all remaining trust)

Mojoman proposed 1500 Trust Points to Jeod!

7 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

##propose 1500 trust FRAYDO

ChopBam proposed 1500 Trust Points to FRAYDO!

5 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

##propose trust 1011 Nodlied

ChopBam proposed 1011 Trust Points to Nodlied!

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

##propose trust FRAYDO 1586

##propose trust Nodlied 1500

OrangeP47 proposed 1586 Trust Points to FRAYDO!

OrangeP47 proposed 1500 Trust Points to Nodlied!

IpMeQQj.png

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Who is meeting with whom today? Anything interesting?

I did not get into a meeting last night, but would be willing to meet up this evening.

I don't have anything important on the agenda anymore, and talking with KY is productive, so I'm happy to stay where I am, but am open to meeting others if they feel the need. (This is all assuming I don't get axed)

Also, on a different subject with that Jeod-ninja, has anyone noticed the Mojo-Jeod buddy-buddy has been going on longer than just today, such as that post last night before the kill? I mean, Jeod being so obvious... it has to be some kind of ploy, but why would Mojo *play along* with it...

I don't want to belabor my point, but I think we should talk about this more.