[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

We need to get some discussion going.

I suggest we re-examine Voe.  What do we really know about him? He admitted to being corrupted, but what if that was just a cover? He's been fairly inactive so we don't have much to go on with him....

25 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also as far as turning on you goes, Retal, we have several people who rested who could also be prime suspects.

Like who? Irish and I received light results from Nodlied and you have your force ghost thing. Unless we have any reason to doubt that info, it just leaves Voe and Cat5. Cat5 has been pretty secretive at times for my taste, but he would have had to been willing to throw Jeod under the bus if it was him. Voe is a little suspicious for me, especially cause he like flat out ignored my questions a couple times, but I hope it isn't him because I get the feeling he's on the road to becoming unstoppable. :|

Just now, Sunflower said:

Like who? Irish and I received light results from Nodlied and you have your force ghost thing. Unless we have any reason to doubt that info, it just leaves Voe and Cat5. Cat5 has been pretty secretive at times for my taste, but he would have had to been willing to throw Jeod under the bus if it was him. Voe is a little suspicious for me, especially cause he like flat out ignored my questions a couple times, but I hope it isn't him because I get the feeling he's on the road to becoming unstoppable. :|

Well yes, Voe is definitely in that category.  I don't like Cat 5's secretiveness either.... strictly speaking his actions don't clear him either, but he was hard on Jeod indeed, though if anyone could pull of a bus it's probably him. If he's sith he's playing the long con...

I'm the one talking to Shade today. For a dead person, he's got a lot more to say than all of us still living.

I've been able to get answers regarding questions I had about his role by asking questions in such a way that skirts the rules he's had enforced on him.

He can't tell me he talked to Retaliation before, but given that he's restricted from doing so effectively confirms it as Retal has already talked about these restrictions.

He can't tell me why the FP usages have changed, but he does know why, and I have gotten him to say that it's nothing he's concerned about. The rules are apparently that we have to figure out the why on our own.

He's still going on about Nodlied not using his bonuses, but we're also talking about FRAYDO and Voe. Some of my questions so far today have been spurred by our discussions.

I was also talking with him about something I realized over the last night that has entirely changed my outlook of this game.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Has anyone else noticed that the victory conditions for the Shit require that ALL JEDI FALL? There is no mention of matching numbers or outnumbering Jedi. They must completely defeat the Jedi.

Well to be fair, theoretically one person could defeat two, maybe three people in a row.  Just outnumbering someone doesn't mean you'll win the streak of duels.

It makes game sense because afterall, controlling the vote doesn't mean you will win the resulting battle, so the Shit have to entirely eliminate all Jedi.

But that fact changes the likely game state. Needing to totally defeat the Jedi makes the game much harder for the Shit, so what adjustment was made balance things the other way again?

We could be looking at an unusually large Shit team. If we do have an unusually large Shit team, then that changes how we should interpret things such as the FBI meter and also the lack of night kills.

The FBI meter started out with about 1/12 of the meter filled in. We still don't know what caused this exactly, but I think we all agree that it meant that one player had started the game with whatever moves that FBI meter. That meter has been moving up reliably, but only Voe has ever reported any negative action taken against them. Why has that bar continued to move?

Just now, Retaliation said:

Are you suggesting Shade is a force ghost because his killer was sith?

You said it, not me. It's a conclusion that can be drawn, however, as evident by the fact that multiple of us have thought that thought.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Are you suggesting Shade is a force ghost because his killer was sith?

I did suggest that once, but I'm no longer sure of that. Shade's assurance on you contradicts the idea anyway, at least if I assume that what happened to KY is the same thing as happened to Shade.

I'm going to need to do some measurements of the FBI bar to continue this argument, though, so I'll move on to another topic for now while you guys are still here talking to me.

I think the reason why Shade dropped 20 points is because he has failed to mark a Shit, and failing repeatedly will cause FP to fall faster. I think what happened to KY might be that he hit a Shit player. Won't have any way to confirm that for now, that's just what I think at the moment.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm going to need to do some measurements of the FBI bar to continue this argument, though, so I'll move on to another topic for now while you guys are still here talking to me.

I think the reason why Shade dropped 20 points is because he has failed to mark a Shit, and failing repeatedly will cause FP to fall faster. I think what happened to KY might be that he hit a Shit player. Won't have any way to confirm that for now, that's just what I think at the moment.

If he failed an action though, how did he get to take a second and still talk this round? He's been "accounted" for each round.

The theory I suggested earlier was that I thought perhaps Voe used his light meditation, and that the FBI meter had both moved up and down, with the end result being no change. He's denied doing that, however. Which is interesting in and of itself, because I can't really see reason to hang on to it. So far, we haven't seen injury outside of battle, so the only way Voe would lose HP/FP in such a way that the light meditation would be useful, is if he survived another duel. Which, if he did, he'd have another use of that meditation.