[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

Just now, Shade939 said:

For some reason, I don't think it works as well when even scum know about the plan...

I mean, it would require some setup, and like two nights, at which point the plan is probably shot for other reasons, but it could work... I think the difficulty might not make it an attractive option though...

Of course, what do I know, I didn't make the connection between roleblocks and action counting :p:v

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, it would require some setup, and like two nights, at which point the plan is probably shot for other reasons, but it could work... I think the difficulty might not make it an attractive option though...

Of course, what do I know, I didn't make the connection between roleblocks and action counting :p:v

It's a bit of a flawed plan without knowing the maximum number of hostile players in game to start with.

I don't blame you. You can't hunt scum effectively on an empty stomach after all! :v 

For example, let's assume that we only have three hostile players in games, one scum, ChopBam, and whoever is using the virus.

So there's a max of 3 hostile actions in a night.

Now, let's say we roleblock scum, but both ChopBam and the virus player use a hostile action still. That was 2 actions and nothing to accuse scum of so far.

The next night, we roleblock ChopBam, Scum and Virus use a hostile action, based on what happened previous Scum and ChopBam have now been cleared of being hostile players, and we have to assume their's another unknown hostile in game still that we havne't seen use a hostile ability yet despite having proof that they had to have used it...

Just now, Shade939 said:

For example, let's assume that we only have three hostile players in games, one scum, ChopBam, and whoever is using the virus.

So there's a max of 3 hostile actions in a night.

Now, let's say we roleblock scum, but both ChopBam and the virus player use a hostile action still. That was 2 actions and nothing to accuse scum of so far.

The next night, we roleblock ChopBam, Scum and Virus use a hostile action, based on what happened previous Scum and ChopBam have now been cleared of being hostile players, and we have to assume their's another unknown hostile in game still that we havne't seen use a hostile ability yet despite having proof that they had to have used it...

It's rather simple. We first need to count how many hostiles we have and, then, see if roleblocking somebody ends up in a lower tally of hostile actions. Of course, the plan isn't fullproof and will take time, but it's just one way of finding scum.

You're not exempt.  You too have to do it with style ;)8) 

chefboyardee.jpg

Come at me Choppy!

Just now, Nodlied said:

It's rather simple. We first need to count how many hostiles we have and, then, see if roleblocking somebody ends up in a lower tally of hostile actions. Of course, the plan isn't fullproof and will take time, but it's just one way of finding scum.

chefboyardee.jpg

Come at me Choppy!

Or a hostile player doesn't use a hostile action one night and the entire count is wrong...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Or a hostile player doesn't use a hostile action one night and the entire count is wrong...

I did mention that the plan wasn't foolproof.

Just now, Retaliation said:

It's why I was reluctant to claim day 1, but if we're just going to roleblock Retaliation it doesn't really matter what his abilities are does it?

Tell me about it, blocking a player also prevents them from using any investigative or protective abilities that they might have to try and prove their innocence.

Roleblocking is a great power, but with that power comes great responsibility.

This is why Retaliation should be the only one entrusted with the power to cane people.

I was waiting on that joke. Glad you delivered.

I'm still trying to figure out who the most likely culprit is this turn. We don't have all the info, so there's still a lot of gaps.

We know that Shade and Retal got roleblocked and that Irish and I said that we did the roleblocking. Both of those are moderately confirmed because Irish seems to know stuff about Shade's ability and I claimed the roleblock on Retal before he confirmed it. Chop apparently tossed a pie at Shade. I'm not sure if pies are an item or not, but if not, then he probably didn't try to kill anyone. Shade and Retal were roleblocked, so maybe they tried to kill someone and failed, but maybe not. Orange mentioned something about thinking KY is town but not wanting to say why yet. KY hasn't really said anything at all about what he did last night or if he learned anything. We don't really know what Nodlied did either other than someone gave him a virus. And we no nothing at all about Cat 5. Hopefully we'll find out more about all of those things ASAP. Shade mentioned a townie action got done to him in addition to the possession and he said he thought maybe an NK failed on him but didn't say why. There's a lot of unknowns here, but hopefully we can start to figure this out.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I'm still trying to figure out who the most likely culprit is this turn. We don't have all the info, so there's still a lot of gaps.

We know that Shade and Retal got roleblocked and that Irish and I said that we did the roleblocking. Both of those are moderately confirmed because Irish seems to know stuff about Shade's ability and I claimed the roleblock on Retal before he confirmed it. Chop apparently tossed a pie at Shade. I'm not sure if pies are an item or not, but if not, then he probably didn't try to kill anyone. Shade and Retal were roleblocked, so maybe they tried to kill someone and failed, but maybe not. Orange mentioned something about thinking KY is town but not wanting to say why yet. KY hasn't really said anything at all about what he did last night or if he learned anything. We don't really know what Nodlied did either other than someone gave him a virus. And we no nothing at all about Cat 5. Hopefully we'll find out more about all of those things ASAP. Shade mentioned a townie action got done to him in addition to the possession and he said he thought maybe an NK failed on him but didn't say why. There's a lot of unknowns here, but hopefully we can start to figure this out.

Or in short, Category 5, Orange and Killing_You are all the most likely players to have infected Nodlied at the moment.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Or in short, Category 5, Orange and Killing_You are all the most likely players to have infected Nodlied at the moment.

Unless someone used an item instead, in which case I think that the item would be the focus of their character so they probably wouldn't have a very good role ability to use alongside it.

I meant using both night actions and item actions the same night.

You already thought ahead of that and figured if it was an item action they probably wouldn't have a very good role ability.

Ok, I managed to ninja you before you could bring up that point.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Unless we want to go ahead and see about getting rid of ChopBam, I think trying to find whoever infected Nodlied would be the easiest thing to try and do today given the much smaller suspect pool.

I'd love to help, but I'm pretty much unavailable for most of tomorrow (as usual). I'll be back in time for hammer though.

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Unless we want to go ahead and see about getting rid of ChopBam, I think trying to find whoever infected Nodlied would be the easiest thing to try and do today given the much smaller suspect pool.

I have an alibi.  I'll provide it sometime tonight, but need to do some consulting first.  If you could ever clarify what that last "towny" action used on you was, I can provide even more information.

I have an alibi.  I'll provide it sometime tonight, but need to do some consulting first.  If you could ever clarify what that last "towny" action used on you was, I can provide even more information.

I can clarify what the other towny action used on me was, after someone else claims it of course.