Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pushwall

APB 3.3.1.0 Changelog

Recommended Posts

Will push another mini-patch tomorrow morning for a few of the problems that cropped up tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well nice patch and I did not know infantry used to be able to swim in apb as for this patch it is small but it works as of the flamethrower I kind of wish it had the old flame affects from Renalert and dang another patch tomorrow Thank GOD theres more content after one patch lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will boarding and unloading zones be adjusted for the new swimming mechanic? There are now places you can be swimming that you would have died in previously, and cannot return to the coast in time or board a ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pushwall said:

default_post-14-1148300354.gif Red Alert: A Path Beyond Update default_post-14-1148300394.gif

migicon 0000.png MiGDamage to various targets changed:

  • Vs heavy vehicles (75 -> 80)
  • Vs mammoth vehicles (60 -> 70)

[thumb]thumb_apb.b.png[/thumb][blurb]More naval combat rebalancings! Also, swimming and less obnoxious gap generators.[/blurb]

Why the damage increase? The previous dmg output seemed to be nicely balanced. 

 I tested the Mig vs Longbow a bit back on Siege. Assuming they were hitting a target in the center of the map, for every 3 attack runs Longbows do, Migs can do 5 (faster speed). Incidentally, Migs also did 60% of Longbow's damage output, which made them perfectly equal in DPS over the long run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, des1206 said:

Why the damage increase? The previous dmg output seemed to be nicely balanced. 

 I tested the Mig vs Longbow a bit back on Siege. Assuming they were hitting a target in the center of the map, for every 3 attack runs Longbows do, Migs can do 5 (faster speed). Incidentally, Migs also did 60% of Longbow's damage output, which made them perfectly equal in DPS over the long run. 

noooo dont ruin it for me I want to have an op mig and mammoth tanks are beefy, and the heavy tank is not very beefy if you put it up against a medium tank but I think its fine and I dont think the mig was fine when it released and when it did the dmg output felt small to me atleast ,so it kinda makes sence to me as to why they increased it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thedisclaimitory said:

well nice patch and I did not know infantry used to be able to swim in apb

By "used to" I meant how far you could reach by walking on the ocean floor, which is how you got around before we added swimming just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Fixed a memory leak (maybe?)
  • Mines no longer hold the War Factory door open.
  • Fixed team information dialog reporting players' infantry class in the "vehicle" column if they had no vehicle.
  • Fixed health number on health bar rounding differently to the health number in the damage/low health popup.
  • A certain aspect of underwater fog has been disabled for the time being as it was causing some global issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, thedisclaimitory said:

noooo dont ruin it for me I want to have an op mig and mammoth tanks are beefy, and the heavy tank is not very beefy if you put it up against a medium tank but I think its fine and I dont think the mig was fine when it released and when it did the dmg output felt small to me atleast ,so it kinda makes sence to me as to why they increased it

Pound for pound, Longbows should do more damage than Migs. Migs with their better speed is really more about battlefield patrol and rapid reaction to low-hp allied vehicles. If you want to do REAL damage, buy a Hind and stick around.

I lobby for a Mig dmg nerf instead of a boost.

Edited by des1206

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pushwall said:

By "used to" I meant how far you could reach by walking on the ocean floor, which is how you got around before we added swimming just now.

oh well um here's one problem you need to fix; vehicals can drive under water how ever they lose health a little bit slow depending on what vehicle but I was using a Medium Tank on that naval map with a bridge in the middle I forgot the name of it so bare with me but I went under watter and managed to destroy 3 soviet subs attacking the Allied naval yard and I was driving on the ocean floor please if you have any means fix it or If you want to leave make it into a meme witch ever one fits 

Edited by thedisclaimitory
added one more word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, des1206 said:

Pound for pound, Longbows should do more damage than Migs. Migs with their better speed is really more about battlefield patrol and rapid reaction to low-hp allied vehicles. If you want to do REAL damage, buy a Hind and stick around.

I lobby for a Mig dmg nerf instead of a boost.

you wonna talk realism BIRNGS A WARHTHOG TO A HT RUSH- what about now I think allies could compensate with a Wharthog since it was made during the veitnam war but I dont think the tib universe could agree on this term 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thedisclaimitory said:

how ever they lose health a little bit slow

9 hours ago, thedisclaimitory said:

but I was using a Medium Tank on that naval map with a bridge in the middle I forgot the name of it so bare with me but I went under watter and managed to destroy 3 soviet subs attacking the Allied naval yard and I was driving on the ocean floor

Intelligence dubious

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh so you did fix it I must have not played since it first came out because I never tried the water vehicle thing because I thought it was still the same unless you patched it just now or when the new update came out but I'm serious I killed 3 subs  and it probably was before the huge update  and I was driving it under water the light tank however I drove father as the speed was better but the gun was not so I killed like 1 sub but maybe I just got lucky and I wanted to point this out incase you guys dint patch it or it was somthing you never noticed but I'm not confirming snorkels on tanks in apb however it felt that way when I was dooing this with the Medium Tank. Now if you did this before the huge update I think it would have been in the water a lot longer because not many people noticed this bug or glitch or what ever this was but I'm glad it was fixed before anyone knew what this was or I would have died faster by now.

Edited by thedisclaimitory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game:

  • Soviet missile silo on Bonsai is no longer flooded in the MCT/flare room.
  • Soviet conyard on Seamist is no longer flooded at the far back.
  • Pool in the back route on Canyon River is now swimmable.
  • Naval units now have a limit of 15 per side (up from whatever it was before; a limit wasn't set so it was defaulting to some unknown amount that wasn't sufficient for Hostile Waters).
  • Made team colours for HUD/chat a little brighter.

Server:

  • Canyon River is now a high player only map instead of low player only.
  • Pipeline is now an any player count map instead of high player only.
  • Removed erroneous shovel icon in next rank info.
  • Donations are now allowed immediately on Hostile Waters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Server updated with tweaks to the MapGuard system (random map rotation that excludes certain maps based on player count).

  • If there are less than 6 players, the server will only play bot maps (Camos Canyon, Guard Duty, Metro, River Raid, Rock Trap, Wasteland), and bots will be enabled on them; currently the amount is 16 minus the number of players (though as some of them stick to defensive roles, it may not feel like there are that many). Once there are at least 6 players, bots will be disabled on future maps. So now you have a bit more to do to pass the time while waiting for players! I'll be adding bot support to a few more maps in future so that list will be expanded a bit.
  • Wasteland and Rock Trap no longer appear on the "low players" list; they are exclusive to the "bot maps" list.
  • Hostile Waters now appears on "low players" as well as the original "high players".
  • There should be a much lower chance of the random map picker choosing a map that was just played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel restricting map rotation to only maps with bots is not a good idea. Any single or two players come on can play those maps only, and they quickly get bored. They then leave without being able to "seed" a larger game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 1:05 AM, des1206 said:

I feel restricting map rotation to only maps with bots is not a good idea. Any single or two players come on can play those maps only, and they quickly get bored. They then leave without being able to "seed" a larger game.

The solution is to make more maps support bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...