21. APB 3.0.2.0 Changelog 1 2

• 37 replies
    • 6 replies
  22. APB 3.0.1.0 Changelog 1 2 3

• 83 replies
Sign in to follow this  
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • BTW just because I'm making progress, this will still be awhile before anything is ready so don't like expect something soon.  Finally got shelter in place here so most of the rest of today is going to be spent taking care of things before the order goes into effect.
    • The only thing I hate more than shaving is having a beard. One of life's really tough choices.
    • Ok W3D crew, beard or no beard?
    • We'll find something completely irrelevant to argue about!
    • Honestly I just have to get over it being freeform (that's probably too much of a jump for this community anyway, we've not done any freeform games). If I just rip off that flash game I linked it's not too bad. Now I just need to figure out how to add inter-player tension. Though knowing you all, you probably don't need my help for that
    • You don't have to do it if it's too much. I can always go with the tried-and-true "Jeod CYOR" format.
    • The thing is I do too, but it's one of those "all my existing files have to be converted to a new format" type deals which is just tedious. All my game design was previously done with the win condition being "reelection" but now the win condition is "eliminate the virus" so everything has to be changed, and it's not just a simple word swap. Things need to actually make sense and be balanced.
    • I like doing spreadsheets and automation but hate writing down actions...
    • The crux of the issue is I'll have to make spreadsheets and I really don't wanna.... but I'll get over it...
    • Go for it. Work picked up yesterday so I haven't been able to do the tweaking I wanted to.
    • TBH I could make the game happen, I just need to figure out a way to balance it without also killing myself under a pile of research. It would be mostly a cooperative style game rather than adversarial, which would be a change of pace from most games we run, but I could probably throw some curve balls to keep things interesting.
    • Get out of here, globalist shill!
    • I drive up with a Tesla Tank, zap Rodan, and manage to drive him off. But then as I back up, I accidentally go over a steep cliff and my Tesla Tank is flipped over. Help!
    • Seems unlikely that you'd have nations voting how to use a specific nations resources to fight the epidemic. You should focus on an organization like the U.N. instead or so and have players vote on that's organizations actions using a combined resources pool drawn from it's members entirely for the day vote. Instead of let's send the U.S to investigate the U.S, because we voted for it!
    • Thinking quickly, I hop into a Chinook with some friends, and the race is on! Just barely lowering the crane in time, we grab OWA's truck, lift it off of the ground, and set it down gently. Our teams work to de-slip the truck and get OWA some medical help. We then fly off into the sunset, the ducks happy that they are safe. Just then, a nearby mountain explodes, and something crawls out- the monstrous pterosaur, Rodan! The hungry kaiju apparently has decided that he wants me and my helicopter as a snack, and we can't out run him! Help!
    • But first I'm gonna play more Stellaris: Federations. I have a galaxy full of democracies so I thought it would be perfect to try out the new Federation features but my neighbors are *xenophobic* democracies.... fun times...
    • The big problem is my nation game was designed for a format that didn't have an end. To use a very poor metaphor, it was kind of a D&D group thing, in that it would just run on and on (the actual game is nothing like D&D). I'd have to figure out a way to distill it down to one event/crisis. It's probably doable, but I'll need to think about it really hard. While I think about it, I recomend everyone play this flash game for inspiration, which is probably gonna be a goto:  https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/510296 This is back from before Plauge Inc was an actual game, but the format was popular on flash sites. Was notable for letting you play as the government instead of the virus.
    • Add Bosnia into the country poll then to have the possibility of Brotherhood of Nod then
    • Well, my only goal was to give us all something to keep our brains busy while we're (most likely) quarantined and social distancing. Psychologically, a person can deteriorate quickly under these circumstances.
    • I spring to life out of the pile of haz-mat suits, wearing 4 or maybe 5 suits in total. Using some quick thinking, I jump into the cab and put the truck into reverse, un-pinning @Einstein from the wall! The only problem is that I am now stuck in the cab of the truck the the accelerator pinned to the floor and it is reversing backwards towards a duck pond with lots of small baby ducks swimming around on it. I can't break my way out because somebody coated the seats of the truck in a mixture of fairy liquid and water, so my 4-5 hazmat suits are slipping around all over the place and I can't grip anything. Save me (and the ducks too please)!
    • I didn't want to impose, but you're probably right and I had the same thought, but I'm kinda distracted right now, that's why I suggested something more traditional so I could still be a player.  Though I SUPPOSE I've been wanting to do a nation simulation for a long time, so the idea is temping. None of the secret files I have prepared are pandemic themed though, so while I have created a nation style game before (it's not mafia, not by a long stretch), I'd basically have to start from scratch to keep up the theme.
    • I can necro this right? The safest of distances for sure Also you broke the game fraydurr, you didn't post what danger you are actually in, so we can't save you now!
    • Remember this? "Save me!" was one of the first forum games that we played here once W3D Hub was formed around 5 years ago. My, my, how the time flies! Well lets get right into it then. Its really simple, fun, and it goes like this: The OP (so me in this case) posts a description of a situation in which they are in peril, and will most certainly lose their life if there is no intervention. The next poster (which we will call P2 in this example) must then engineer a creative way (McGyver, Superheroes, The A-Team, Avengers, Donald Trump, etc) in which the previous poster will be saved from their peril. However, P2 is then also put in peril, either by the events which led to the saving of the previous poster, or by a non-related event. Return to step 2, P3 saves P2 but also falls into danger, etc, etc. The rules are these: Remain civil and follow all forum rules at all times. Some discussion is allowed, but do not derail this thread. All events must occur linearly in the same timeline/universe, and must not break the "relationship chain", otherwise the game is not as much fun. Do not attempt to break the game. Not specifically a rule, but do try to not post at the exact time as someone else. An accidental ninja-post would split the time line!! Have fun. While working in my lab to get all the wonderful APB Beta players their much needed 1080p resolution (so they don't have to use 800x600 anymore), my lab assistant @delta hears a noise outside. CRASH! A truck loaded with Coronavirus haz-mat suits crashes into the lab, killing the driver and pinning me to the wall! Save me!
    • Honestly I think you or Nodlied are best suited to GM this kind of game. I don't mind trying, I just have the opinion that it would flow better with either of you history buffs.
    • You're right, I meant genocide. But eugenics could still be on the table. Think Brotherhood of Nod. And you don't know what era this is, so KGB is certainly a possibility.
    • I don't think you know what that word means Jeod Also it's not the KGB anymore.
    • I want to show the basic premise of this game early on. It's still in the design phase, so it will be a few days before I open signups. If anyone decides they like the design enough to co-mod or even volunteer to enhance (I don't have much experience with complex RPG games like this), please speak up. Again, this is planning phase, so don't go nuts on me over game balance and mechanics and whatnot *cough* Shade *cough*
    • Working on a game. Give a few days to draft and optimize and I’ll have a signup thread by the end of the week.
    • I'm not interested in having the argument again, I'm just saying there would be arguments if we did it. Not just between you and me, but likely between lots of people with the GM included.