3.6 News - More Level Updates

KOTG: Interesting with adding rocks and the sort depending on playercount. That said would there be able for if say you start up a "LAN" game alone in the client to have them removed there as an option, as you might want to try and test/practice things that includes those routes being open for instance in an environment that don't have other players actually get in the way.

Also I assume you have made sure there is no cheeky way to kill the TC from that modifed soviet CY hill (completely impossible to see if that would be the case from just a SS ofc, just making sure you accounted for it)

Pipeline: Very nice, that ridge always been weird to me, as it was impossible to get up to it outside of going practically back to one of the bases, yet it having one of the important oil derricks for that map, that combined with the objectives markers for any engis/techs should make the ridge a lot more lively I bet

StormyValley: While I do like the idea of getting that SD more towards the front, that might be too far in the front, making it a bit too exposed and easy to destroy for the allied. I would probably suggest there moving it a bit back again (but not as far back as the current pubic one ofc), or move the defenses forwards as well to compensate it

Hostile Waters: While it never bothered me really, now that you mention it the icebergs are unusually bright on that map xD

Under: Totally forgot that map even existed in APB xD

1 hour ago, GummiBear said:

Also I assume you have made sure there is no cheeky way to kill the TC from that modifed soviet CY hill (completely impossible to see if that would be the case from just a SS ofc, just making sure you accounted for it)

Definitely no cheeky way
6CHw8Am.jpeg

This is something that was considered and asked of the testers when it was first introduced. There is a flame tower to the left of this position but its shots also get blocked by the terrain. It may need some more adjusting.

7 hours ago, Guard55 said:

How did you get the map to change based on player count?

I don't know how map making works so I'm curious to see how that's been done.

One of our maps, Seamist, already does something like this actually. On lower player counts, Allies start with fewer vehicles.

It's easier to do now than it was in making Seamist, though. We have a new option in spawner settings to have a spawner activate or deactivate at Min/Max <defined> number of players in-game.

So I set up the rocks to be spawned in with a spawner that has a maximum player count of 20, but if the count is over that when the round starts, the rocks won't spawn in.

If the player count falls below 20 in the middle of the round, I believe the rocks will appear there (waiting for the area to be clear of obstacles as that's how spawners work), but it won't work the other way around (they won't disappear if player count grows).