[GAME OVER] CYOR V (Anniversary Edition)

Jeod

2 hours ago, Mojoman said:

To clairfy, my goal isn't to kill the other mafia, my goal is to win while they're alive, which could mean killing one of them if they're on to me as the mastermind.

So mafia wants you dead as soon as possible so they can win? 

Just now, Louis said:

So mafia wants you dead as soon as possible so they can win? 

A Masterminds objective is to get Mafia members killed, Mojoman is claiming he only needs to kill one member as the mastermind, but that's not how that role should work, since it's a tad bit unfair if Mafia get three members for the entire game, and they only have to kill one of their members, not even risking losing the game at the end, since they could wait for it to be 3:1:1 Mafia to Town to Neutral players in game.

Just now, Shade939 said:

A Masterminds objective is to get Mafia members killed, Mojoman is claiming he only needs to kill one member as the mastermind, but that's not how that role should work, since it's a tad bit unfair if Mafia get three members for the entire game, and they only have to kill one of their members, not even risking losing the game at the end, since they could wait for it to be 3:1:1 Mafia to Town to Neutral players in game.

I don't think you have it right. Or, at least you don't have it in the way Mojoman is explaining it. It sounds to me that Mafia needs to kill Mojoman. Mojoman doesn't need to kill any of them. He wins as long as he survives until the mafia faction outnumbers us.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I don't think you have it right. Or, at least you don't have it in the way Mojoman is explaining it. It sounds to me that Mafia needs to kill Mojoman. Mojoman doesn't need to kill any of them. He wins as long as he survives until the mafia faction outnumbers us.

Oh yeah, Mastermind prevents Mafia from winning as long as he's alive.

Back then it didn't work the same way, though.

I don't consider it to be a very good role in genera thoughl, it's heavily rigged against the Mastermind, so you're effectively trying to single handedly take on every single other player in game...

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

I don't consider it to be a very good role in genera thoughl, it's heavily rigged against the Mastermind, so you're effectively trying to single handedly take on every single other player in game...

We can talk Mastermind mechanics etc later, but I would love to play that role. The idea of using my scum flunkies as pawns and pretending to be someone else in the scumdoc is a god-complex maniac's dream.

Just now, Jeod said:

We can talk Mastermind mechanics etc later, but I would love to play that role. The idea of using my scum flunkies as pawns and pretending to be someone else in the scumdoc is a god-complex maniac's dream.

Given that this is a CYOR, that may be something Mojoman wanted to do.

Does this sound like Mojoman to you?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I actually thought it was Orange saying this. I'm tired.

Tbh you could probably swap our names out and it wouldn't make any difference in the text.

No. I have a distinct style and I know I can't fake being anyone other than myself. I can probably fake being someone who doesn't exist, a fictitious person if you will, but I couldn't fake any of you guys.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

No. I have a distinct style and I know I can't fake being anyone other than myself. I can probably fake being someone who doesn't exist, a fictitious person if you will, but I couldn't fake any of you guys.

Sounds like something a Mastermind would say. :v

You know... regardless of whether Mojo is a Mastermind or not, it'd be fun to have a game designed specifically for the role to appear. I would love to see someone like Jeod or Shade take the reigns of that role.