[GAME OVER] CYOR V (Anniversary Edition)

Jeod

Just now, Killing_You said:

You know... regardless of whether Mojo is a Mastermind or not, it'd be fun to have a game designed specifically for the role to appear. I would love to see someone like Jeod or Shade take the reigns of that role.

Shade can't fake another style to save his life.

Just now, Killing_You said:

You know... regardless of whether Mojo is a Mastermind or not, it'd be fun to have a game designed specifically for the role to appear. I would love to see someone like Jeod or Shade take the reigns of that role.

No, no you wouldn't, the game is too heavily focused on the Mastermind and whatever they do, which more often than not means they basically wind up throwing the game to Town because they got the entire Mafia team killed.

Just now, Shade939 said:

No, no you wouldn't, the game is too heavily focused on the Mastermind and whatever they do, which more often than not means they basically wind up throwing the game to Town because they got the entire Mafia team killed.

That is the result I remember from the CABAL game. Scum was winning and then blew itself up and town was handed victory. However, it hurts town in the sense that they could lose quicker as mafia could in theory reach majority faster.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Would be a great warhammer mafia gimmick.

It'd probably make more sense with each mafia player being devoted to a different chaos god, and all of them where trying to eliminate each other.

Just now, Shade939 said:

It'd probably make more sense with each mafia player being devoted to a different chaos god, and all of them where trying to eliminate each other.

That reminds me too much of warhammer mafia 2 for me to attempt again lol. Was a trainwreck. I was thinking tau or eldar manipulating everyone.

Just now, Retaliation said:

That reminds me too much of warhammer mafia 2 for me to attempt again lol. Was a trainwreck. I was thinking tau or eldar manipulating everyone.

I'd suggest going with a more call of cthulhu style of game, with mafia being a chaos cult on an imperial planet trying to summon a demonic entity.

Throw in a sanity meter for players along with HP, and a public order bar.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Never played it, though I've heard good things about old Sierra games, so it's probably good.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I played SWAT 2, which was marketed as a Police Quest game at the time. I don't know if it's in that pack, but I liked it a lot.

I was hoping SWAT 4 would be, so I could spread that around. Shame it's pretty much dead and you need to use Hamachi or Tunngle to play it co-op (I think).

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If this role is really happening, it's the first time I've played in a game that had this. Though I remember seeing it play out in a game once before I started playing. Someone playing as CABAL.

I actually ran that way back when, was a Tib Sun themed game iirc (can't find the notes anywhere). Wasn't balanced well imo and the CABAL role was more of a mastermind/cult leader who had a Kane mafia/mastermind player keeping them in check. Biggest issue is that something like that starts to depend on the player for balance and not the role.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

I actually ran that way back when, was a Tib Sun themed game iirc (can't find the notes anywhere). Wasn't balanced well imo and the CABAL role was more of a mastermind/cult leader who had a Kane mafia/mastermind player keeping them in check. Biggest issue is that something like that starts to depend on the player for balance and not the role.

I think that's always the case though, no matter what role a player has, ultimately how well they do should come down to their choices. An unbalanced role tends to overly penalize players for playing badly, outside of the fact that they're not already not getting the optimal results for it.

You can't expect your players to play perfectly, and you can't expect them to make nothing but mistakes either, but you still need to balance out a role in regards to both circumstances.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I was running games even before then. Didn't keep many of the documents for that around though.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pdyFnERFvGdAyLaEsY4Pl4fcwnnR3mK5ALw2iHdRVtA/edit?usp=sharing

Oldest game setup doc I still have... I feel really old now, all the way back from 2012.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pdyFnERFvGdAyLaEsY4Pl4fcwnnR3mK5ALw2iHdRVtA/edit?usp=sharing

Oldest game setup doc I still have... I feel really old now, all the way back from 2012.

Ooh, that actually looks like a cool setup!