[GAME OVER] Warhammer 40,000 Mafia 3: On the Edge of Precipice

Retaliation
Message added by Retaliation,

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's actually tomorrow I'm just getting the burrito today because the restaurant is closed on Sundays :v

But thanks.  I'm not exactly racing to be 30 though :v

My debit card got locked for possible fraud (spoiler:  it wasn't fraud, it was me buying weird shit) and I called to have it unlocked this morning and the rep is like "I'm gonna have to ask you your birthday as a securit- oh, it's tomorrow!" and I'm just like lol nice going if I was a scammer.

7 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

My debit card got locked for possible fraud (spoiler:  it wasn't fraud, it was me buying weird shit) and I called to have it unlocked this morning and the rep is like "I'm gonna have to ask you your birthday as a securit- oh, it's tomorrow!" and I'm just like lol nice going if I was a scammer.

Why are you trying to do fraud on your own credit card?

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

Why are you trying to do fraud on your own credit card?

It was actually buying a supporter tier of that MMO I told you about in the dead doc.  The company is in Germany and their payment checkout is a bit sketchy so tbh I don't blame my bank.

Yeah, pretty much any time I import anything from outside of North America, I get a phone call from my bank saying they are going to freeze my debit card. Doesn't seem to matter what it is.

Also, holy crap, Orange, you're younger than me! I had pictured you in your mid 40s or maybe even retired!

Edited by Category 5 Hurricane

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, pretty much any time I import anything from outside of North America, I get a phone call from my bank saying they are going to freeze my debit card. Doesn't seem to matter what it is.

Also, holy crap, Orange, you're younger than me! I had pictured you in your mid 40s or maybe even retired!

This is actually the first time it's happened, though tbh it's kinda surprising, given I buy weird things fairly often.  I mean, I was kinda betting that buying that food from Japan crate would freeze my card, but it didn't.

With how much energy I give off, how can I not be young :p

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

This is actually the first time it's happened, though tbh it's kinda surprising, given I buy weird things fairly often.  I mean, I was kinda betting that buying that food from Japan crate would freeze my card, but it didn't.

With how much energy I give off, how can I not be young :p

The more concerning thing was that my phone number tied to my bank account was my landline from 2009 and thus I didn't actually get the notification that my card was frozen.  I was only alerted by an email from ESPN+ saying my payment, due tomorrow, was about to fail and I better have alternate payment ready to go.  Thankfully I was able to remember my childhood phone number to verify my identity (that was a "security question" along with my birthday and some other things) and now have my *real* phone number on the account, which tbh I should have done a long time ago.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Because retired people tend to have a lot more time on their hands. On my race team, it's the retired guys who have the most time to practice and run the most races, as they never have other commitments that they can't set aside.

Ironically I'm like *this* close to getting a new job, but once training is done one of the fringe benefits is flex hours so I'll still probably still be able to be around whenever and be my annoying self.

14 minutes ago, Louis said:

I'm craving a burrito now

I'm pretty much in a food coma right now.  It's a beautiful spring evening out but I'm shivering hardcore because I'm digesting so much I ate the entire burrito in one go *and then* started in on this vanilla and buttercream cake I got at the store.

Also, getting it out of the way now for excuses, but games I've gotten in the past 24 hours for my Birthday:

Outer Worlds

Halcyon 6

Cook Serve Delicious 2

Doom

Deep Sky Derelicts

And of course I'm still working on Fire Emblem.  So you can say I'm very distracted :p

Also got Valkyria Chronicles 4 (know we talked about that) from Humble Bundle last month but haven't downloaded it so throw that into the mix.

7 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm pretty much in a food coma right now.  It's a beautiful spring evening out but I'm shivering hardcore because I'm digesting so much I ate the entire burrito in one go *and then* started in on this vanilla and buttercream cake I got at the store.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ORANGE

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Either nobody is going to know what these stats mean or only Shade is going to know what these stats mean.  The first would be great, so Shade, I forbid you from reading the wiki.

To hit is any roll higher than WS/BS, after that you compare Weapon Strength Vs. Toughness (which is another saving throw), then you get an armor/ward save which negates the entire attack if you roll higher than the stated value minus any armor penetration on the weapon which reduces the armor save roll by the listed value.

For example, here's your basic Imperial Guardsmen, common human soldier.

BS 4+

Toughness: 3

Sv: 5+

With a humble Lasgun, Strength: 3, Damage: 1, AP: 0

If he shoots himself in the foot, he needs to get a 4, 5 or 6 on a six sided dice to hit so 50%, then you compare Strength to Toughness, since those values are equal you need a 4+ to wound (consult the table below), so another 50% chance for a 25% chance to wound before armor/ward saves. Since you have 5+ armor, that's a 33% chance to negate damage with no AP on the attack on a roll of 5 or 6, so that 25% chance drops down to a 16.5% chance to wound and deal damage. If this weapon had AP -1, you reduce the armor save roll by 1 point, so only a dice roll of 6 reduced by 1 point to a dice roll of 5 can stop the attack, giving you a 21% chance to deal damage instead.

A ward save is the exact same thing as armor/except it's not reduced by AP on weapons, so it usually represents things like magic or psychic abilities or technological force fields.

Infantry and the Wound Chart - It's a Brave New World. - 3++

43 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Either nobody is going to know what these stats mean or only Shade is going to know what these stats mean.  The first would be great, so Shade, I forbid you from reading the wiki.

He knows what they mean because he's been arguing about his kill chances with me since he signed up :p

I don't expect anyone to understand them, I'm just including them for full disclosure.

Comparing to W3Dhub mafia games, To hit is the roll you need on a d6 to hit, Strength and Toughness determine your damage chance, and Armor is the roll you need to not take damage from a shot. 

To Hit Ranged To Hit Melee Strength Toughness Wounds Attacks Armor
Guardsman 4+ 4+ 3 3 2 1 5+

So a strength 3 shot from a guardsman against another guardsman has a 50% chance to hit, 50% chance to damage, and a 66% chance to pass armor for a total 16.5% chance to deal damage. Everyone has 2 wounds this game.

Realistically if you look at how your role would compare to a AR or TS mafia game you should have a good idea how strong your weapon is. Overall roles are about as or less killy then it's counterpart in other games.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

That explanation would be a lot clearer if you made it clear that BS = base strength and WS = weapon strength.

The S stands for skill in those stats. I think I'm going to edit all your PMs to change the to hit stats to percentages because nothing messes with them this game.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

The S stands for skill in those stats. I think I'm going to edit all your PMs to change the to hit stats to percentages because nothing messes with them this game.

Yeah, that's probably for the best.  My LOL was in reference to this being an awfully lot of effort to just distill this back down to where we are in APB/TS mafias.

I mean, that said, I *do* like that the hit chance, etc, is dependent both on who we are and the weapon fired, not just on the weapon fired.  Adds a little something the other games don't have.  Apparently.  Unless I'm not understanding this.