Blog 35 (27/06/07)

Hello and welcome to this week's blog where we have a lot of stuff for you to see and watch. I havn't been too quick this week at making this since I have a cold which I can't seem to shake off. Ah well onto the blog!

<h3>New Wheels</h3>

I recently made some new wheels which look 100 times better than the old round crap we were using before. Here is a selection of units that have had some sexy wheel treatment.

Rhinowheels.jpgGrizzlywheels-1.jpg

PrismTankwheels.jpgwarminer-1.jpg

<h3>Competition Results</h3>

Here are the results for the competiton. TagDaze has won but since he is being a gentleman, he has let his prize slip to second place, so the winners are as follows.

-=Winner=-

Jupiter

=Runners Up=

Iscream4pork

Mammutpanzer

Tomatoslayer/cmatt42

Congratulations to everyone who entered. It was a great competition :D

<h3>AR Alpha Video</h3>

Today, I cobbled up a video for you all to see which mainly shows off our Mirage Tank logic and how awesome it is. Also you get to hear what I sound like with a cold [/sympathyvote]

Alright here it is.

<h3>New Old Website</h3>

People have been asking "where is the AR site?"... Some people have even been going on as to accuse APB of hogging all the glory. Well the answer to all your queries (except forum skin ones) is right below this paragraph. Our old friend Assassin made us this website a while ago when we were back at C&C Source. As a testament to the time they put up with us for, we are going to be recoding and reusing it (once I get it). This is not to be confused with the forum skin that drunkill has offered to cook up after APB Beta has been released.

AR Website

apocrisinglayout.jpg

<h3>Miscellaneous Items</h3>

Info's for this week are as follows.

We are now testing what we have in a series of tests with our new Core. We hope to get this standalone as soon as we can get some more assets completed.

I'm off to London tomorrow on a college trip to the science meseum, but also to seek out the ellusive creature known only as Aidoneus! Expect pictures in the member photo's forum soon after my return :)

It was Coolrock's birthday yesterday! Everybody wish him a Happy Late Birthday!

Congratulations to Eggman891 who recently became an AR tester :) (There's your cue Chronojam)

We have some secret internal discussions going on at the moment that could potentially propell us forward to that December release date as more of a confirmation than of a vague idea. Expect updates on this to follow.

Tune in next week for more RA2:AR!

Guest Bloodmoss

Cool Blog OWA

and the vid was sweet too

Hope to get to see more thing later on..

Keep up the good work guys

Another greta blog mate :) andwhat it is with uk and colds lol i ahve one too >:D, and lol your coming down to london, bring something water proof lol ^_^ its raining like mad here!!! p.s well done on becoming a tester jupiter and eggman :)

Guest EVA-251

Amazing blog, I am loving the looks of the tanks, but not all tank bogeys(?) have that same appearance. Usually the furthest ones look different. Gah, I forgot the term for those too. Lol.

The Mirage Tank made me laugh for some reason, I dont know, I was going through the list of scenarios with it. First that struck me was Forest of Illusions. Literally. :p

Right now, it uses Grizzly Tank cannon for placeholder? I am curious to see how the heat gun will turn out.

And, the MGTK will have a turret? This was not true in RA2, but that is because of an issue with the Mirage Tank's logic. Could the rotation of the tree be fixed, so even if you turn the tank, the tree graphic will still face the same way?

so even if you turn the tank, the tree graphic will still face the same way?

That is in fact already in place due to a recent update, BUT turning your tank tends to un-mirage it anyway xD

Oh... and it gets whatever cannon I can be bothered to give it for tests xD

Guest TagDaze

I bet it was your Einstein one. That one was pretty impressive, not to mention useful. They didn't vote on clips anyway, but on contestants.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

grr... now I am really annoyed that I can't get my WMP to work, and Quicktime says it is not a movie, and I can't figure out how to get iTunes to open it :D any chance you could put it on youtube or something?

but other than that nice blog

Good Blog OWA.

Congrants to TagDaze (the true winner) and thanks for what you did. Congrants to Jupiter who won. Congrants to him and Eggman891 who are AR testers now. Testing comrad. :o We can crush capitalism now. :o By the way OWA you forgot to say he is LAGMAN, the owner of all LAG! :p

Happy Late birthday to Coolrock I hop you enjoyed it.

Website looks nice and the tanks, too. I hope you enjoy your College trip. I still need to check put the video.

I can't believe it I got the 3rd place. The 3rd place and I just did that for fun. I even didn't want to join the contest on purpose. :) I am 3rd place. :) The POWER of the Soviets was with me. :D They crushed capitalism. See Soviet won RA2 YR. :):) Apocalypse Tank FTW! :):o I like Soviet news. :o If the Soviet Union is going to exist again I should probably change nationality. :o

There will be a wasteland here soon. ^^

Edit: You owned the Apocalypse Tank 2 times OWA. :'-( Oh and by the way (nothing against someone) but the bot Apocalypse Tank driver is an idiot anti-aircraft missiles against a tank. :D

Guest cuddling

o.O Nice models, and congrats to the new testers (ow, so many new testers for AR now)

And mammut, you REALLY have alot of smilys >_>

Guest HitmanUltra

aww, you guys are leaving? :D But i like getting all of my updates from just 1 forum! Oh well, have fun at your new home in the future.

aww, you guys are leaving? :D But i like getting all of my updates from just 1 forum! Oh well, have fun at your new home in the future.

I don't think AR is going to leave, they're just going to have their own website to show updates, game info and such. I'm pretty sure they're staying on this forum though.

Guest ghhyrd

Lol very nice, I can't wait for the iBarracks or the iPowerPlant. Or the mod in general :p

Oh look, i'm a tree!

Poor sick OWA :D

And shouldn't the apocalypse tank be a bit more... easily defeating of a mirage tank or two?

Guest ghhyrd

The Apoc tank was controlled by the AI.... nuf said. In the actual testing an Apoc driven by a human could easily hold its own against two mirage tanks.

True, but I thought that the AI was beefied-up, good, clever AI.