Blog 49 (03/10/07)

Welcome to the blog! Scroll down for more interesting things than this message.

<h3>Refinery Updates</h3>

Merovingian has been working on finishing up the refinery internals. The ore flow control valve has now been modelled. This will be one of the three weakpoints of the refinery. Some more pipe detail has also been added :)

SovRef10.pngSovRef11.png

<h3>Tactical w3d Espionage Action</h3>

mgs_codecs.JPG

ScreenShot47-1.pngScreenShot48-1.png

ScreenShot49-1.pngScreenShot50-1.png

<h3>Rocky Pass</h3>

dtrngd has been making good progress on his new infantry only map, rocky pass. Allies start on the beach and have to fight their way across a coastal, soviet convoy road and rocky outcrops to the Soviet's base.

2ndlevel.png

<h3>Talk to us</h3>

I've been mulling over the idea of having an evening or something on teamspeak dedicated to answering all your questions and getting some open debate going for the mod. Maybe even a screenshot/render request added into the program so you can choose what you want screenies of.

What do you guys think about this? Good idea or not?

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I went bowling and had Pizza Hut today. It was awesome. I also bought a Sephiroth action figure. I'll post some pictures soon :D

Merovingian recently became co-producer of the old Scud Storm Mod. Their progress can now be seen over at http://scudstorm.com It will be interesting to see what develops out of this.

Script god, danpaul88, is back at university now so he'll be pretty busy this term with his studies. That doesn't mean that he won't be able to do the odd bit of work on AR though :)

Me, TagDaze, Eggman891, Serpentine and Lord_Kane have started to think about the standard intro film for our first series of our soon-to-be blockbuster machinima series :) I can garrantee that you guys will lol. Here take this lolcoupon.

I said that we may be ready by December for a release. Don't count on this.

BogdanV is going to be really really busy with school and such, so don't expect to see much work from him for a while.

<h3>End</h3>

Seems like the end of the road..... I'll run backwards and get to the beginning again by next week. Seeya then.

Love the Ore Refinery insides, LOL MGS, cool map progress.

I think the TS idea is great, will help people get to know the mod more.

I still love the weakpoints idea lol, looks great mero :D

And the map idea is great lol, love wave fighting.

Another great blog guys. Keep it up :)

Edited by -FW-Wolf

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Lol at "intro-sentence".

Also nice update at Ore Refinery, and that spy looks good.

Overall very good blog (as always)

Guest Rufrky

That map idea is gonna be cool when the Beta comes out, which is soon i hope.

But then again. . . . .

Einstein: Time will tell. . . . . . . . . Sooner or later, time will tell. :D

*cough* PRODUCER *cough*

I'm one of the three producers of the team, not a co-producer, lol.

Well they'd all be called co-producers, seeming they share the load.

Snake is awesome, as I have stated before when seen the images in private. Refinery is shaping up to be an awesome building, as long as it has huge industrial doors :) The map is also taking shape nicely.

Great job guys. :D

Guest Evil Alex

OMG! It's Snake! Yay! Very nice blog as usual especially with the extra Snake feature. I wonder if this is a sign for a Snake addition to AR or something like that ya know? Very interesting indeed and I know who Snake is since I played his first PS1 game of MGS to MGS 2: Substance on my xbox. heh heh heh! Go Snake! Very good blog! :D hee hee hee!

Guest Chad1233

i sure hope the buildings will be pretty big, for some reason they look weird small 0.o

great blog anyways!

Edited by Chad1233

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

i sure hope the buildings will be pretty big, for some reason they look weird small 0.o

great blog anyways!

How can you decide how big the buildings are, when they show no reference character/vehicle?

i cant wait for this mod ....gona be sweeet :D where can i find the snake skin?

My hard drive. It's also not a skin, but a model and texture replacement. No APB infantry has the same mesh that I am using. I'll probably release it when it's ready with a few other replacements too.