Blog 66 (30/01/08)

January says goodbye but the best month of the year, February, says hello! It is my birthday soon but before mine is Venompawz's on saturday! Make sure to post in Chronojam's obligatory thread on the day eh? :D

<h3>Petrol Station</h3>

Ric whipped up this petrol station and has begun to texture it. Current progress is great, so both army's vehicles will never be short of fuel.

pstation01.jpg

<h3>Conference #7 Overview</h3>

Here is the seventh conferance overview as presented by dtrngd, sponsored by EAâ„¢ whether they like it or not.

Here is the overview.

-Chevy's idea about the mapmusic-disabling script zone:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/che...musicscript.jpg

If not this, then by another idea, but it IS possible, and it HAS to be done (cuz everyone likes music variety)

-Building Garrisoning:

We tried out the vengeance battle bunker, we just simply stood to a hole and shoot out/in. The guy inside the building always died faster, since all the bullets that went through the hole, went into the guy's head inside the bunker.

Here's Zion_Fox's idea:

You go in, and poke a terminal. The building gets boarded off and only team members may enter or leave. There will be turrets that you can man to shoot out of, however not all windows will have it.

That's pretty cool we all agreed on it. Zion will write up a more detailed description soon.

-TheCrow seems to be still alive out there, we shall give him a bell and ask him how's it going and if he'd like to do some stuff for us. If he won't, then let's hope if we win any moddb awards, we can draw some people in the team to help.

-www.apocrising.com <-once we get that domain, we can set up the Apocalpyse Rising website there.

Peek here.

-We don't want to change the game engine.

<h3>RA2_SouthPacific</h3>

dtrngd has basically finished the terrain for this map as much as he can at this moment in time so we stuck it ingame and took some screenies. This map features a tech airport and a tech oil derrick for you to command and conquer.

<h3>:Waves:</h3>

I've been working on the hands for my infantry person. It's a little bit touch-and-go but I'm getting there slowly. Take a look below.

charhands.png

<h3>Still Hiring: PR Guy</h3>

We are looking for a new PR officer to manage site news and the moddb page.

You need to be active as well as have a good grasp of the english language.

(Making your own banners and graphics is also a plus, but it's really the way you write that will interest us)

Think you are up to the task? Then PM me with an example of what you can do using an AR image/video/announcement from one of the past blogs and making up a mock news post. The new PR guy will be announced in a blog to come! We hope that you submit an application :)

Current Applications: 2

This is a nice little job, I wonder why people aren't grabbing this opportunity...

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

It was my mate Grogsy's borthday today so we all went to wetherspoons for a meal. cfehunter was there so we talked about how awesome Apocalypse Rising is. My girlfriend also bought some purple trousers which are exactly the same colour as the RA2AR staff usergroup colours. Cool huh? I also finished my exams for this season! Party on! New banner and avatar for me too ^_^

cfehunter lives! The whale couldn't hold him inside after he climbed out of the blowhole using his amazingly long beard as a grapple hook. Safe to say the beard was shaved and he rejoined us for the meal ^_^

(Note: any beard that cfehunter had is purely fictional)

nameme99 has gone and won't be back til summer.

<h3>OWA's Community Support Cotton Wool</h3>

cotton_woolballs_l.jpg

This week has been a week to remember!

A Path Beyond ventured into the moddb awards and cut most of the opposition down to come second in the released indie games category! Score! Even though there were more entires in the unreleased indie games category, there were no awards for the category, so Apocalypse Rising got a reassuring pat on the back from the moddb people.

[FW]Wolf contacted me to say that the BFD mod is doing great over at www.battlefordune.co.uk

Correct me if I am wrong but this mod is now being devloped by a team known as FW Productions which promises a few mods on differant engines. Sounds cool.

v1410nl has been making a fanmap for Apocalypse Rising called Blizzard. This map is set in a dark snowy tundra in the middle of (yes you guessed it) a blizzard! Take a peek at some of the screenshots below.

Venturing into the darkness...

Tunnel based sumo!

When you thought that Wile E. Coyote's disguises couldn't get more rediculous...

This week's blast from the past is the Sole Survivor mod for Renegade; devloped by SomeRhino, bigwig992 and the old Dri-Reign community. This mod was actually completed, but due to the small community, it was never played online very much. It is in fact the closest Renegade has been to Tiberian Dawn so far. The mod contains includes 8 different game modes, over 14 multiplayer maps, 1 singleplayer mission, 11 characters, 17+ vehicles and all new weapons for all-out team-based multiplayer combat fun.

Download Here (screenshots here as well)

<h3>Hsinif</h3>

Same time next week, ok?

Love that map, its coming along great!

Omfg that gas station brings back memories!!!!

Lolwave!

Cotton wool now? lol ty for the shout, and yes we are now under FW Productions, check us out at productions.fwclan.co.uk :D

Another epic blog guys!!

Guest deadpikle

South Pacific looks really good so far. Props!

Of course, the SS of the seal/etc are on a widescreen comp, so it looks a bit odd D: v14's map looks good as well.

As for why people aren't going for the PR job? Who knows..

Yay blog.

We want m-ORE!

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Nice map, also whill the garrison buildings have the same guns in the windows if it is garisooned by allies and soviets? or will there be a minor diff. (I don't know if it is possible, but wuold be nice if there was a bit diff. yet equal guns (Like APB having PKM vs. M-60))

Guest seriousj7

We need to organise a Soul Survivor game! I played it years ago when a few people were intesrested in it. Biggest game I was in back then was about 12 player so not that bad. Capture The Mobius and Destroy the MCV were fun. DOWNLOAD IT people, DO IT.

EDIT: MORE CAPS SO YOU REALLY SEE ME WANTING YOU TO DOWNLOAD IT. THANKS!

Edited by seriousj7

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

No really more people shoudl get the Soul Survivor mod, c'mon! If you download it say so so we can organise a game or two, somehow.

I have the install file on my comp, but it isn't installed ATM though, but if we are to make a match I am fine with it and will install it

Guest Chris2k4

Great blog guys. :) I must say, RA2_SouthPacific is looking amazing, it really has a strong RA2 feel to it. I just completed the Soviet Campaign for RA2 yesterday, and RA2_SouthPacific really reminds me of a lot of the locations in RA2, namely the Hawaiian islands and such, in any case, again, amazing job guys!

P.S. Thanks for the link to the Sole Survivor mod, I'm downloading it right now, looks great! (I wish they had kept NOD grey though. :D)

Edited by Chris2k4

Guest Metaller

Epic blog the petrol station looks great, SouthPacific looks awesome

Sole Survivor mod looks great aswell thanks for the link

@MartynM lol that brought back a few memories i think i've seen that with girl and the clown a Channel 4 once but that was years ago(so i either got the discription wrong or the channel). Oh and that is some good work aswell

I remember seeing the Test Card on TV when I woke up at like 3am once when I was really young (like 5 or 6) and decided to go downstairs and watch TV.... :D

Probably a good thing there wasn't anything on tbh.... :p

Edited by danpaul88

I approve of the terrain design. Looks very organic. Plenty of foliage too.

Yea, dtrngd is damn talented

(and the pictures did load this time) :p

gj on the map dtrngd, looks great. but blizzard looks like poop, reminds me too much of wasteland and Fjord. I once got sole survivor, but it never worked online for me for some reason..... but ill try again.