Blog 77 (16/04/08)

Welcome to this week's blog. This is kinda rushed since I've spent nearly a whole day on coursework today :)

<h3>Ore Extractor: Textured!</h3>

The ore extractor is usually seen extracting ore from the ground in the middle of rich ore fields. The drill activates every 45 seconds with a claxon to warn any passers by. No doubt you have seen this in action in the videos. Next time you see it ingame, it'll look like this.

Ore_Ext-1.png

<h3>Flak Track: WIP Texture</h3>

The Beerinator has moved into the Flak Track from the V3 launcher. This anti infantry/air death machine is the workhorse of the soviet military. Uncharacteristically fast and lightly armoured, it speeds into battle carrying five infantry units or two terror drones. Flak them down comrades, for the union!

(Now with new camo patterns!)

earlywipdo1-1.jpg

<h3>The IFV</h3>

I asked danpaul88 for a description on how the IFV works, but he did us all one better and made a video illustrating the script in action in it's current state. Check out the video below!

<h3>Soviet Vehicles: Updated Camoflage</h3>

So, our camoflage has been normalised by cfehunter and TheBeerinator. This means the soviet vehicles will roll into battle in a colour coordinated manner. Which is cool.

<h4>Rhino Tank</h4>

render.jpgrenderd.jpg

<h4>V3 Launcher, now de-giraffarigged!</h4>

newcamoskr7.jpg

<h3>Dune Patrol: Now With Bases!</h3>

I gave dtrngd a load of untextured assets to see what he could do with them, so he shoved them ingame and we get the first glance at what an AR base will look like geometry-wise. Pretty cool eh?

dpwipbases1.pngdpwipbases2.png

Testers will be getting their hands on this in the coming weeks to test it hard. :)

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

Coursework :)

I'm free from it a week on friday :)

Next blog, I'll have my devised drama exam piece uploaded somewhere so that you guys can watch me make a fool out of myself and hopefully scare you a little as I act out my psychopathic role :D

cfehunter had a week off college last week because they were moving the entire network to a new building at his college.

Welcome dtrngd back from Austria! He's been away, but he does so much AR work you would never have known ^^

<h3>OWA's Community Support Gelnika</h3>

airplane7-s.jpg

Let's not crash in the sea this time mmmk?

Nothing seems to be happeneing as things stop for exams/coursework. Oh well, you get a nice picture of Piccolo for your trouble.

piccolo006_1_.jpg

<h3>Project Of the Week</h3>

This week's coveted project is Trackmania Nations Forever!

A free game in the truest sense of the word, TrackMania Nations Forever lets you drive at mind-blowing speeds on fun and spectacular tracks in solo and multiplayer modes. Nations Forever will offer a new "Forever" version of the Stadium environment, a solid solo mode and 65 brand new, progressively difficult tracks. TrackMania Nations Forever will unite an even larger number of players than the original Nations thanks to its engaging multiplayer modes, innovative online functions and revolutionary interactivity between players.

TrackMania Nations Forever will offer a new "Forever" version of the Stadium environment, a solid solo mode and 65 brand new, progressively difficult tracks. TrackMania Nations Forever will unite an even larger number of players thanks to its engaging multiplayer modes, innovative online functions and revolutionary interactivity between players.

For TrackMania Nations Forever, Nadeo studio chose to take advantage of the PC's capacities as a gaming, creative and communications platform in order to allow a greater number of players to share a unique gaming experience.

This game is truly rather epic. Nations Forever is the new, updated version of the original Nations game and guess what? It was released today/yesterday depending on your timezone!

Visit the homepage for a download link here!

<h3>Yawn</h3>

I relied on pictures waaay too much this time. But that's what you guys want eh?

Now scat! >:3

Guest Deadpikle

LOL

<3 new textures

Also, de-giraffefied is win. I was the one that came up with the giraffe thing in the first place :v Yay for new testing map soon! ^_^

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Awesome camos,i hope they gonna implent them for all APB vechs aswel :D

something similar is already got a lot of APB vechs if you haven't noticed, and I am pretty sure more will come as new models gets made

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

well did you write my whole post? as I said more will probably come as more models come in, I think the only new model that have been made that didn't get such a camo was the ranger, and really how good would such a camo fit the ranger?

Let's get ready to B2B with V3 launchers on Dune Patrol! Yay!

(Disclaimer: Only testers get to B2B with V3 launchers on Dune Patrol, final release versions will not feature V3 B2B on Dune Patrol because apparently it's tech level is going to be so low you don't get V3 launchers... although IIRC Rhino Tanks are higher tech than V3 launchers, so I don't know what Dtrngd is smokin... meh :D )

Guest Evil Alex

Yea! I get to B2B V3 launchers! All right!!!!

...what does B2B mean?

Short for Base To Base. As for the AR Blog it's good as it always is AR Team. :D

Edited by Evil Alex

Let's get ready to B2B with V3 launchers on Dune Patrol! Yay!

(Disclaimer: Only testers get to B2B with V3 launchers on Dune Patrol, final release versions will not feature V3 B2B on Dune Patrol because apparently it's tech level is going to be so low you don't get V3 launchers... although IIRC Rhino Tanks are higher tech than V3 launchers, so I don't know what Dtrngd is smokin... meh :D )

K let's clear that up.

• You won't see shit on Dune Patrol thanks to sandstorms.
  • The map is a lot bigger than you think it is on the screenshots.
  • Rhino tank only needs a war factory.
  • V3 requires a Soviet Radar as well.
  • So low tech level allows you to build Rhinos, but not V3s.
  • You should install RA2 and double check things or ask a person who has RA2 how things work :)

Guest r315r4z0r

I'm still a little confused about what I saw in that video.

Is the missile launcher the default that can be switched on and off between whatever the infantry unit inside is?

So if I entered with a GI, I could freely switch between the missile pods and a machine gun?

I'm still a little confused about what I saw in that video.

Is the missile launcher the default that can be switched on and off between whatever the infantry unit inside is?

So if I entered with a GI, I could freely switch between the missile pods and a machine gun?

Yes, 10 seconds between turret change.

Guest Zarconium

Based on the vid, the rockets even in clusters don't do as much damage as I expected. Several hits on the War Factory and its barely scathed. Hey, I'm not destructively criticizing the IFV, I know you guys have done hard work on this, and I appreciate it. Tose 10 seconds make me itch :D