RA2:AR FAQ

Guest ivan55599

l have request; if some 1 makes map which is based into "lone guardian" mission map, l wish that he adds soundtrack as HM2. it's perfect for it. or for Red dawn. but HM1 in canyonriver is... idk, it suits for high-tech epic-map lolz.

btw civilians are in?

Guest thepcman

Will it say "Ore Miner Under Attack"? because when I play APB we lose our ore truck alot :) and we didn't know that it was under attack!

:D:):):)

l have request; if some 1 makes map which is based into "lone guardian" mission map, l wish that he adds soundtrack as HM2. it's perfect for it. or for Red dawn. but HM1 in canyonriver is... idk, it suits for high-tech epic-map lolz.

btw civilians are in?

Lone Guardian is going in eventually.

Civilian Tech structures are in, civilians themselves haven't been discussed yet.

Will it say "Ore Miner Under Attack"? because when I play APB we lose our ore truck alot :) and we didn't know that it was under attack!

Yeah, that'll be going in as a sound clip.

Guest Stormweaver

Will it say "Ore Miner Under Attack"? because when I play APB we lose our ore truck alot ^^ and we didn't know that it was under attack!

:):):):)

If I remember right, it's going in in APB too btw.

When are AR going to next be recruiting testers? :D

If I remember right, it's going in in APB too btw.

When are AR going to next be recruiting testers? :D

When we start hiring again.

It'll be plastered all over the blogs when we do.

• 3 weeks later...

And don't forget in AR the War Miner will defend itself with a machine gun (or, once lots of enemy infantry got mowed down by it and it's elite, a light cannon) and the Chrono Miner will lol-vanish if it's health gets too low and it has a partial ore load.

Guest Stormweaver

And don't forget in AR the War Miner will defend itself with a machine gun (or, once lots of enemy infantry got mowed down by it and it's elite, a light cannon) and the Chrono Miner will lol-vanish if it's health gets too low and it has a partial ore load.

I'm hoping one of the things that gets tested is that there is no one-hit-kill weapon against a Chrono miner with just enough health not to teleport. If you don't, I foresee me V3-sniping miners :3

Guest Stormweaver

hmm what were dumps for miners? l dont remember, and ra2 is in another computer. l want plan new tacktiks

allies get 700 twice as fast as soviets get 1400.

And another 700 at the same time as the Soviets get their 1400... but by then they are all driving into the Soviet base with Grizzly tanks and probably took out the War Miner on the way :p I think Soviet's early game tactics are going to revolve around killing the Chronominer before it reaches an ore field or forcing it to chronoshift back early by attacking it before it fills up, thus reducing the amount of credits it drops off. Allies on the other hand don't need to worry about attacking the War Miner so much, they can defend their miner and then try to rush the War Miner with Grizzlies before it can drop off any money to the Soviets.

And another 700 at the same time as the Soviets get their 1400...

What the hell are you both talking about?

In RA2 the dump rate is 500 for Allies and 1000 for Soviets, not 700/1400 goddamnit!

And with 500 credits the Allies cant buy any vehicles so it's more balanced than APB actually >.>

Guest Stormweaver

What the hell are you both talking about?

In RA2 the dump rate is 500 for Allies and 1000 for Soviets, not 700/1400 goddamnit!

And with 500 credits the Allies cant buy any vehicles so it's more balanced than APB actually >.>

Mine must have a different patch to yours :/ my game gives 700/1400...

Mine must have a different patch to yours :/ my game gives 700/1400...

Indeed, I always remembered it being 700/1400 as well... but then again, I have not played RA2 in years! I wonder if YR was different from RA2? I have never played YR so I wouldn't know...

Guest ganein14

It's been 500/1000 as long as I can remember, and I've played since RA2 1.0.

yes, that is until the Allies cooked up their ore purifier, then it was something like 700 or 800 for ore and 1400 or 1500 for gems. :D

In RA2 or AR? I have no idea for RA2 (can Soviets even build the purifier?), but for AR it will not feature in the first release. When we do include it then yes, it WILL boost income. I believe the Soviets have a similar structure, some sort of industrial thingymabob?

Yea, in YR the soviets lost their cloning vats (Yuri stole them) but in exchange got an industrial plant that drops the prices of all mechanical units by a good amount. IIRC, 10%.

Guest GummiBear

In RA2 or AR? I have no idea for RA2 (can Soviets even build the purifier?)

well it was not part of the soviet tech tree, but there is always the option that soviets could capture an allied tech tree (hell I even seem to remember there being a game mode where you start with both/all 3 (depending on if you play RA2 or YR) MCV's at start

l think u hávent thinked yet about giant squids?

We've had a think about them. They are going to be really really complicated, but totally possible.

well it was not part of the soviet tech tree, but there is always the option that soviets could capture an allied tech tree (hell I even seem to remember there being a game mode where you start with both/all 3 (depending on if you play RA2 or YR) MCV's at start

Unholy Alliance Mode.

Hmm....is there a way to have all three armies in the same map? IE Yuri, Allied, & Soviets.

Yes there is, but having a three-teamed multiplayer C&C mode is impossible currently because of stuff like the win screen and other small technicalities.