RA2:AR FAQ

Guest SirJustin
Yep, the current AR miner could could easily cope with finding alternative ore fields when one is depleted and returning once it has a useful amount of ore again.

Awesome, so it is a possibility then. Does that mean that we could also strategically send tanks to shell their ore fields? (to destroy all the ore in the field)

Guest SirJustin
No, ore will not be damageable by weapons fire.

Aw, that could have so much strategic value. But i could see it being exploited unfairly.

Guest namechanged

I do remember ore being destroyed in RA2, but I will go check right now.

Confirmed

Edited by namechanged

• 4 months later...
Guest Metaridley

years ago... i revive this thread :D

can you drive harvesters like apb/reborn? if it so, can you drive the chrono harvester and port back to the refinery with a button? :D (Q or right-click)

you have to begun rigged animals (dolphin, squid). will be dogs playable? (if yes, dogs or says better animals/ tiberium lifeforms (Giant Ants for APB/Tiberian Fiend,Floater,growing Visceroids for Reborn/Dinosaurs,Cows for AR *-* <3) appears in APB/Reborn/AR?)

Guest APB_ICE

about the rhino tank

81298744ebf81a4cb5aa05f7d72a6059252da60b

I think there is something wrong down there..

Indeed. Westwood mistakenly gave the Rhino in that preview an Allied background instead of a Soviet one.

Also, why are you so angry? :saddowns:

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest angry

about the rhino tank

81298744ebf81a4cb5aa05f7d72a6059252da60b

I think there is something wrong down there..

Indeed. Westwood mistakenly gave the Rhino in that preview an Allied background instead of a Soviet one.

Also, why are you so angry? :saddowns:

actually I am not a angry man :3

my name is came from wh40k angry marines

btw can you guys make grizzly tank more better looking?

Grizzlytankedited.PNGthis is one of the cut scene render, I find it in cnc wikia

I suggest to make the turret look like M41 tanks turret but have a bigger gun and front armor more look like the cut scene. :dance:

Grizzlytankedited.PNGthis is one of the cut scene render, I find it in cnc wikia

I suggest to make the turret look like M41 tanks turret but have a bigger gun and front armor more look like the cut scene. :dance:

Hang on, cutscene render of the Grizzly? I don't remember any cutscenes featuring the Grizzly. Or most of the arsenal for that matter.

Actually, it would be easier to list the units shown in cutscenes.

Guest angry

Hang on, cutscene render of the Grizzly? I don't remember any cutscenes featuring the Grizzly. Or most of the arsenal for that matter.

Actually, it would be easier to list the units shown in cutscenes.

this cut scene is came from terror drone cut scene.

I guess editor think this is the Grizzly

Edited by angry

Guest APB_ICE

To be honest, the turret should sit slightly lower and could be more angular; Compare the AR model:

grizzly_finalising2-1.png

To the RA2 model:

Grizzlytankedited.PNG

You'll notice that the RA2 model's turret is much more angular and also appears to sit a bit lower; The AR model's turret sits quite high, which realistically could cause a lot of shot-traps and other vulnerabilities.

Guest angry

h7zy.jpg

h7zy.jpg

wow actually I don't know how to design a tank

I just think this will look cool :3

Edited by angry

APB_Ice was normally stating his points, making comments on your drawing. No reason to make fun of him. Please don't.

Let me just say, we are quite busy accomplishing other assets rather than remaking existing, totally fine assets.

We have no time to waste, it's true to RA2 and the design is satisfactory for an FPS perspective.

We are not selling tanks to the army so if something doesn't make 120% sense it still doesn't matter.

End of story pretty much.

We've redesigned the grizzly tank far too many times already, it's not going to change at this point since it's already unwrapped, textured, rigged and working ingame. We'll never release it if we keep redesigning everything every 5 months.