RA2:AR FAQ

Guest angry

sorry about last comment.I apologize for it

I just got too exciting with my draw.

this time I add some point to explanation about my draw.

hope you guys can forgive my poor English and check it out.

h7zy_zpsaf0667d6.jpg

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

holy hell the nit pickers are at war.

Make some grizzly bears in game along with the cows and civillians, all NPSc, so I can run the m over.

Guest KevinLancaster

We've redesigned the grizzly tank far too many times already, it's not going to change at this point since it's already unwrapped, textured, rigged and working ingame. We'll never release it if we keep redesigning everything every 5 months.

But you'll never release it anyway! (j/k)

So has OWA started on the infantry?

We've redesigned the grizzly tank far too many times already, it's not going to change at this point since it's already unwrapped, textured, rigged and working ingame. We'll never release it if we keep redesigning everything every 5 months.

Yeah, I've started. :v:

http://i.imgur.com/WBShR.jpg

Guest APB_ICE

Yeah, I've started. :v:

http://i.imgur.com/WBShR.jpg

Am I the only one who thought of Team Fortress upon seeing this? :v:

Also, I suggest making the Flak Trooper and Conscript use the same character-model, since they appear to be the same in-game, and it makes sense for basic infantry uniforms to be standardized.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest APB_ICE

The nit pickers have taken over this thread. Time to bail. :runs:

Quick! To the getaway vehicle! :bandwagon:

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest angry

:huh: mmm.. seem like I am bothering you guys did I ?

I deeply appreciate you guys job.

but as a big fan I certainly hope that ar will be perfect so I can sharing it to all of my friends. :v:

but as a big fan I certainly hope that ar will be perfect so I can sharing it to all of my friends. :v:

Hey I thought it was great that you took the time to give real constructive feedback.

You didn't just say "lol that grizzly is shit" you gave us areas that it could be improved upon, with examples.

We're not going to do it though because the grizzly has been redone three times in the past...

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

You got nothin on ICE. Sa'll good, no one mad at you.

@ICE: actually, in game RA2, the Flak trooper looks like he wears less of an overcoat/trenchcoat thingy which covers his legs and just rocks flak jacket, plus he's less armored stats wise, less HP too I think.

The nitpicking shall barge through!

Guest APB_ICE

Huh. Upon closer inspection, they're more different than I thought. :sherlock:

Plus, the WIP model they showed awhile back looks pretty cool anyway, although he should still have the Conscript's gasmask/helmet.

FlakTrooper-2.png

How's that coming along anyway?

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest APB_ICE

I've scrapped that model in favour of the new conscript, which I shall be converting into a flak trooper.

I look forward to seeing it! :dance: (Perhaps keep the uniforms themselves the same, but with different equipment)

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have some questions id like to ask, some of them may of been adressed before but I see you guys may of changed stuff since the posts I read were old.

The Desolator is me, and I am The Desolator. So, Mostly thats what my questions will be about. I know it wont come in the intial realse but hopefully soon after :D

1. Will the desolator insta kill infantry with its main gun?
  2. Will the main gun do a good ammount of damage to tanks?
  3. When it deploys will it insta kill infantry cought in the zone? or will it be a Dmg over time effect like tiberium but stronger?
  4. Will the desolator do any building damage? perhaps be effective agiasnt the MCT?
  5. Will the radation zone be effective agiasnt tanks as well?
  6. I heard their will be a moon map, will desolators be there to? (We went to the moon to destroy Yuris HQ :p)
  7. I heard you guys speaking about country bonuses as well, what will Iraq's be?

Ok thats all I can think of for now about my Boyz, but I have some gerneral questions about other stuff.

1. How will the terrioirst work?
  2. Will crazy Ivan be able to flame a tank/player with lots of bombs and get it to ram an allied tank/building and make a big explosion? [in renegade servers this is agiant the rules :( ]
  3. Are you guys gonna give ivan diffrent bomb attacks?
  4. if so Will Ivan have a anti building bomb limit?

Thats all I can think of right now, the other stuff isnt exciting as the Desolator :D

Sorry I asked quite alot, Iv only been around here for a couple of mounths and missed all the buzz and weekly blogs :(

Guest SiminaI

1. [*] Will the desolator insta kill infantry with its main gun?

[*]Will the main gun do a good ammount of damage to tanks?

[*]Will the desolator do any building damage? perhaps be effective agiasnt MCT

1.I don't agreed with that,but make them have "special" DMG to Inf like Tanya and make poison to them Inf target.

2.In RA2 they are weak for armour.that can answer them

3.think not

Guest APB_ICE

@Iraq:

AFAIK, the country bonuses in AR will be their RA2 bonus units (Tank Destroyer for Germany, Tesla Tank for Russia, Desolator for you, etc.). The damage, armour, etc. bonuses should be limited to RA1/APB.

Since it was revealed in a blog a few years ago, I can answer the questions about Ivan. Yes, he will have 2 different bombs: Unlimited small dynamite charges for use against units, and 2 large dynamite charges for use against buildings:

Crazy_Ivans_Anti-everything_Bomb.png

Crazy_Ivans_Anti-building_Bomb.png

Edited by APB_ICE

Thx for the response siminal and ice.

I doubt the desolator will be insta kill anyway since people will beg for it be nerfed :(

Ice that dynamite looks really good, I love the details on it to. It has that anarchist look mixed in wit the 1800s feel which really goes well with Crazy Ivan's persona .

Guest quake

the tesla trooper charge the abillity the reload the tesla turrets? and hi Iraq and the firts version add the units specials the factions?

• Will the desolator insta kill infantry with its main gun?
  • Will the main gun do a good ammount of damage to tanks?
  • When it deploys will it insta kill infantry cought in the zone? or will it be a Dmg over time effect like tiberium but stronger?
  • Will the desolator do any building damage? perhaps be effective agiasnt the MCT?
  • Will the radation zone be effective agiasnt tanks as well?
  • I heard their will be a moon map, will desolators be there to? (We went to the moon to destroy Yuris HQ :p)
  • I heard you guys speaking about country bonuses as well, what will Iraq's be?
Ok thats all I can think of for now about my Boyz, but I have some gerneral questions about other stuff.
  • How will the terrioirst work?
  • Will crazy Ivan be able to flame a tank/player with lots of bombs and get it to ram an allied tank/building and make a big explosion? [in renegade servers this is agiant the rules :( ]
  • Are you guys gonna give ivan diffrent bomb attacks?
  • if so Will Ivan have a anti building bomb limit?
Thats all I can think of right now, the other stuff isnt exciting as the Desolator :D

Sorry I asked quite alot, Iv only been around here for a couple of mounths and missed all the buzz and weekly blogs :(

Here we go, answers! First concerning the Desolator.

1. Nope. That'd be too overpowered for a shooter-type game.

2. We'll balance it so it's satisfying to use.

3. It'll be a damage-over-time type deal. It will probably do a fair bit of damage because it requires the Desolator to be stationary.

4. We haven't decided whether the Desolator should damage buildings yet, but if he does he won't be particularly good against them.

5. Not as good as vs infantry, but yeah, it'll be effective.

6. If we make a moon map, yeah!

7. The country bonus is that you get the Desolator. There weren't any other bonuses in RA2, so there won't be in AR.

Then concerning the others.

1. The terrorist will have the ability to run really fast, as well as a pistol and a bomb vest. You will have to click or push Q to detonate the bomb.

2. No, because Ivan's bombs aren't setup to be like proximity mines. They are timed.

3. Yes, he will have a small dynamite salvo and a large dynamite charge. Both will be timed and sticky.

4. Yes. It is currently 2.

the tesla trooper charge the abillity the reload the tesla turrets? and hi Iraq and the firts version add the units specials the factions?

Tesla Troopers already charge the coils in the current test build.

Country units won't be in the first version, but we will patch them in later.

Something I've been itching to ask: Is there going to be a map where all bets are off and everyone gets all of their country bonuses? Just a specialty thing, not for every map.

Since the country system picks a country when the game starts, we could set a variable that makes the system pick an "all countries setting" for both teams on occasion.

4. Yes. It is currently 2.

3 actually, the allied power plant has three minor weakpoints. Each bomb can kill one weakpoint, all bombs combined do about 50% damage to the major weakpoint (hence you need two Ivans to work together to kill it).

The SEAL works the same, it has two bombs, each of which kills one minor weakpoint or can be combined to do 50% damage to a major weakpoint.

One Winged Angel, on 05 Aug 2013 - 05:35, said:

Killing You, on 05 Aug 2013 - 05:28, said:

Something I've been itching to ask: Is there going to be a map where all bets are off and everyone gets all of their country bonuses? Just a specialty thing, not for every map.

Since the country system picks a country when the game starts, we could set a variable that makes the system pick an "all countries setting" for both teams on occasion.

How about Holy Alliance game mode to get you this, since Unholy mode in RA2 gave you Allied + Soviet MCVs, but this could combine the one-side countries :p

Thanks for answering my questions, hopefully my dreams of become a Desolator will come true soon :p Cant wait till AR comes out.

btw, When I mentioned the country bonuses, it was cut content from the original game where you get other bonuses other then the unit.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Iraq_%28Red_Alert_2%29

We could look into it but it may make the game unbalanced.

Guest Xenon560

Was just curious about the country specific stuff. It's going to be random every time you play a map right? So lets say there is an AR_Under for example, one time I play as soviets, I get Desolator, next time I may get Tesla Tanks. How is that going to work with Grand Cannons? Is it possible to have the country system spawn Grand Cannons in pre-determined places on each map?

Guest nomaner

How is that going to work with Grand Cannons? Is it possible to have the country system spawn Grand Cannons in pre-determined places on each map?

Why not have it as a Grand Cannon Arty instead of a big turret? It would be a super unit like the Mk2 in TS and need to be protected while it bombards the sov base.