Blog 102 (08/10/08)

Welcome to this week's blog. Sorry I'm a little late, but it's here :)

Without further delay, lets hit into it.

<h3>Allied Barracks Interior</h3>

dtrngd has been hard at work on the interiors for this structure. He has modelled out the kitchen/canteen area as a selfserve kind of thing, since the Allies like to live in the life of luxury, even if it is only a restaurant-style cafeteria. There will be a door added on that will theoretically lead to a bigger kitchen where the GI's can place their ration orders for the week. Unfortunately, this area is off limits to combatants since the chefs are quite obsessive about how clean their kitchen is. This is apparent by their recent notice to mount a box on the wall that soldiers can place their ration forms into. It's like they lock themselves in there on purpose or something.

But for those soldiers who don't trust the chefs, there is always the fridge, worktops and cooker to prepare a sneaky sandwich or so. I tell you, the Allies live the life when it comes to eating.

Afterwards the soldiers can hit the locker room to grab their gear ready for patrol. It is still a mystery to this day as to how on earth the GI's get so many sandbags in their lockers. It's one of their trade secrets.

For special orders, the soldiers must report to the CO's office for briefing. It's a lot more comfortable in there than the soldier's living area. The CO even has a red phone that links him to the Allied high command. Now that's an honour. They don't give out those red phones as readily as they used to. President Michael Dugan is behind this cutback, due to the supposed "hijacking" at the NYC silos on the day that the soviets invaded. Jerry Boyd couldn't open the silos and it was suicide. The silo doors were closed and the missiles exploded under cover. This rendered the Allies defenceless. Allied CO's have to be especially careful when using the phone, but usually, it is safe.

Here are some renders of what I'm on about.

ABarxInt2-1.pngABarxInt3-1.png

ABarxInt4-1.pngABarxInt1-1.png

ABarxInt5-1.png

As a final note, dtrngd and I were talking about the possibility of having random meal names put up on a blackboard in the cafeteria. These would include such dishes as Carville's Suprise with Dugan Dip and other wonders. We could also make the names appear randomly, so you get a new set of dishes on the board each time you play. It's just little ideas like this that, I believe, will make AR a fun game to experience.

<h3> Remote Revenge</h3>

Got C4? Then you'll be needing this. Yes! The detonator!

Flick the switch and push the button to begin the countdown to impending doom for anybody in close proximity of said device. Using a welding torch vs armed C4 is unadvised, so technicians have been equipped with bomb defusal aparatus a.k.a pliers.

Anyway, here it is. The big button textured by TheBeerinator and modelled by Poggel :)

remote-1.jpg

<h3>Website News</h3>

Various updates and changes are being made to the website almost daily. here are a list of changes and features to come.

Changes:

• Site template has been made longer.
  • Acknowledgements page has been added.
  • More staff have been added and staff have been ordered on the page.
  • New news post topbar has been added.

Things to look forward to:

• Full unit, structure and weapon lists with images, descriptions and tips for newbies (essentiall tl;dr sections).
  • Downloads database with videos and extra content.
  • Proper about projects page.
  • Updated FAQ.
  • Proper URL

<h3>Team Notices</h3>

I have joined the university's recent formed mod club and have been given the position of Lead Art Director on a new UT3 mod that focuses on the main concept of Steampunks vs Sci Fi. Don't worry though, as you guys are always my priority over any other mod work. This should hopefully be another reason to get UT3 other than for RenegadeX ^^

cfehunter is on coursework :D

dtrngd has been working flat out and laughing his ass off becase of JOKRBRBGBTELLMEWHRTHEYRSGRBA.

Chevy787 has lots of school work to do :)

TheBeerinator has been engaging in some e-drama once again. SrsBsns :)

<h3>OWA's Random Section</h3>

For the benefit of those of you who didn;t get what I was on about when writing about dtrngd in "Team Notices", here you go.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Tada!</h3>

Two year blog in two weeks!

Those barracks internals are just win, and i loved the idea for the board lol.

The C4 is just too epic win!

The site is the way i enter the forums now lol, i love it and the changes sound cool!

Another great blog guys! Keep it up!!

Guest Deadpikle

dtrngd said I would like the bar.

He was wrong.

I wuv it <3

Great job team. Website will be great once it is fully up and running.

Guest seriousj7

Isn't that interior a bit TOO big already 0o? It's very nice but I hope all the rooms will have some strategic value too, like hiding spots (inside the closet maybe for lols?) or something. And lots of PT's everywhere.

Also holy crap Batman. Literally.

Guest GummiBear

ROFL at bar descriptions and for sandbags in lockers? magic? :)

also nice detoinator... but you say the big red button textured by TheBeerinator... I see no big red button :D

Guest GummiBear

You should reread it, it says "big button", there is no color mentioned in the text.

bah I swear I saw a red... guess I was wrong...

Isn't that interior a bit TOO big already 0o? It's very nice but I hope all the rooms will have some strategic value too, like hiding spots (inside the closet maybe for lols?) or something. And lots of PT's everywhere.

Also holy crap Batman. Literally.

That's as big as the interier will get. There will be fake doors added to make it look bigger.

Guest EVA-251

I see the Allies moved up from concrete basements under tent barracks to Vietcong-esque tunnel networks under Barracks. Cool. :v

Edited by EVA-251

Guest killertomato

Will you be able to mind-control people over the phone :D? Also, the barracks interior is nice, looks like somewhere I'd want to live. That detonator is oddly reminiscent of TF2 for some reason, though.

Guest Pelikan132

Details are important, but still it is going slowly. You can f˙˙k me if you want but it´s a shame not so many (big) changes have been made. I could concern about the details later. Or you have done the main things already? Just answer what you like, I just said my thoughts about it. :D

Details are important, but still it is going slowly. You can f˙˙k me if you want but it´s a shame not so many (big) changes have been made. I could concern about the details later. Or you have done the main things already? Just answer what you like, I just said my thoughts about it. :D

What? Lack of big changes?

As in, minor and major building weakpoints? A unique country system? Chronoshifting ore trucks? An IFV system?

Yea mate, I'm completely missing the major changes they've made to vanilla ren...

I'm sorry, but we like to work at our own speed. If you can't wait then it's tough luck.

Guest Pelikan132

I'm sorry, but we like to work at our own speed. If you can't wait then it's tough luck.

Well, I admit i either when I make a Starcraft campaign. :D

Guest Pelikan132

You wot you wot?

You never played Starcraft? :) Wow, you have to do something with it OWA. :D I have an campaign editor in it and I am creating some. I am a big fan of it.

And also it is the basic of the all strategees made today. 3 races completely balanced, each unit has its good and bad... It was NOT in Commnand and Conquer before makin Starcraft.

Guest Kakashi

3 races completely balanced, each unit has its good and bad... It was NOT in Commnand and Conquer before makin Starcraft.

Yeah, before that C&C had two completely different factions balanced with each other. Then SC came and everyona was like "what game haz moar races tan us we needs to makez evin moar in our gamez". And that's where generals and the nine-in-three faction whorage came from. Thank you, Star Craft!!