Blog 105 (29/10/08)

Guest Pyrodaimon

Excellent video! However... I would've prefered Yakety Sax on the background.

I still have to form a mental map of the whole barracks' interiors. For some reason, I see it as big as APB's War Factory; yet, I'm sure it won't be that big when I get to play AR. Anyhow, great design on the building. Can't wait to play as Soviets and eat everything in Allies' fridge.

BTW, the sentry turret is perfect that way. Don't you change it!

RA3 LAUNCH WAS WIN!

YES IT WAS :D

wow i'm so excited about ar :)

but a few questions:

1) will the GI be the default allied unit when u respawn? (i've heard that it won't be)

2) will the final mirage tank shot look like that (cause i remember it looking like a big fireball looking thing not a beam)

1. Yes it will be the GI

2. No the final shot won't look like that. We'll change it to fit RA2.

Guest Pelikan132

Yay video!!!!

Thank god we got those sentries working ^_^

We should so have the YR logo with AR in it :x

Another great blog guys, keep it up!!

You dont comment so often dont you? :D

Fan of Starcraft Pyrodaimon?

Guest AdrwIvrsn

I think the logo should be like the second picture you had there, with just the RA2 metal plate. But there would also be tesla coils that would "zap" in the "Apocalypse Rising" part. I saw something like that in a thread somewhere, but I don't know where.

Anyways, the barracks look great! Can't wait untill it gets textured and when (hopefully) the fridge will actually open (I WANT MY SANDWICHES!). It also looks great for gameplay, it is complex and large, and no single cokepoints for camping.

However, how will the small Soviet barracks be dealt with so that you don't get campers that shoot people who try to get up from underground?

However, how will the small Soviet barracks be dealt with so that you don't get campers that shoot people who try to get up from underground?

Hehe, you'll see. The AR soviet barracks will have 2 doors for gameplay reasons. I'll reveal why soon enough.

Guest HYBRID BEING

"Original RA2 logo + text in similar style" is a bit plain. It worked well for APB, but "Apocalypse Rising" text should have a shield plate under it, I think.

It's Is he alive from Rednex, but only used it to make you guyz smile when the SEAL runs away screaming from my conscript. Oh well... COME TO ME! :)

Where can you get this song??? I´v been loking everywhere, and i really want it :D:):):)

Guest Pyrodaimon

Hehe, you'll see. The AR soviet barracks will have 2 doors for gameplay reasons. I'll reveal why soon enough.

2? I thought the soviet barracks had 4 entrances.

2? I thought the soviet barracks had 4 entrances.

It has four side that are exactly the same, but unless you want to use elevators, then we are only using two of them as doors.

Guest Pyrodaimon

Besides, you only ever saw it from one angle ingame, so you never really saw the other two doors opening anyway...

I always imagined that the base in the Soviet Barracks, the one where the big statue is standing on, was symmetrical.

Guest Pelikan132

Nah. I'm just a lurker.

Im gonna get a Arbiter or Zeal there. En Taro Adun! :)

Lo? Do you know even know me? No. So i wouldn't comment.

You sent 3 messages here only (Where did you get Reborn? I cand find it :D ).