Blog 105 (29/10/08)

Welcome to this week's blog! I've really been busy with my course assignments and stuff, but I'll never let you guys go without. So read below for the goodies!

<h3>Allied Barracks Video</h3>

dtrngd has made up an allied barracks walkthrough video now that it has been completed! This video contains a runaround and some combat inside and outside of the structure whilst being set to some very outlandish music. Cover your ears (or mute your sound) if it's not your cup of tea.

There is also a bonus video hidden somewhere in the blog. Try to find it!

<h3>Test Build Advances</h3>

danpaul88 has been playing around with the latest AR test build to add some stuff for a new test release. Mainly, this consists of minor base defences and hopefully the new Allied Barracks.

In his quest to bring AR closer to release, he has encountered a few problems (which have been fixed now) that were rather funny. Here's an example.

The Allies would never get past the might of the Soviet's Super Sentry Gun!

boom_headshot-1.jpg

To take a ride back to the more serious side, the sentry gun is now operational and available at a Soviet test base near you!

sentry_guns-1.pngsentry_guns_2-1.png

<h3>AR Logo</h3>

I have begun to refine the AR logo into something that more closely resembles the Red Alert 2 logo, rather than a mish mash of the RA2 and Yuri's Revenge logos. I have begun by playing with the colours of the text, but will probably end up adding some new material textures to the main shield plate.

This is what I have so far...

post-1484-1225291038.png

...but it will probabably end up looking a lot like this.

newlogo.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I'm heading off to London, Trafalgar Square, to join in on the festivities for the Red Alert 3 Launch Party! That's right, I'll be handing out APB/AR flyers to the general public and generally plugging the mod. So watch out for any BHP logos that may appear during Battlecast Primetime as it is filmed live. Also look out for a guy with lots of hair and a Nod t-shirt (that'll be me :)).

cfehunter is not up to much at the moment since he is on half term (I think).

Apologies to danpaul88 for calling script failure on the IFV in the last blog when it was just be being a tit and not updating :)

Congratulations to dtrngd for completing the barracks modelwise!

TheBeerinator will be texturing the barracks shortly, after he is finished with the flak cannon.

Happy birthday to tester Allie29! Have a nice cake. :D

<h3>OWA's Random Section</h3>

You just got Barackroll'd

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Dude Where's My Blog?</h3>

Above you numbnuts, duhhh!

Guest MuadDib15

I love watching the Barack rolls. They are hilarious.

I think you need to work on how powerful the weapons are :D those soviet guns are pretty over powered at the moment. Did you make them like that so that basic inf would stand a chance against the seals? :)

Last thing, are you sure that you will be the only guy there with long hair and a Nod T shirt? I mean there's Kalle Bowe as well. Wait, I forgot, he wears a gas mask.

Edited by MuadDib15

I think you need to work on how powerful the weapons are :D those soviet guns are pretty over powered at the moment. Did you make them like that so that basic inf would stand a chance against the seals? :)

Last thing, are you sure that you will be the only guy there with long hair and a Nod T shirt? I mean there's Kalle Bowe as well. Wait, I forgot, he wears a gas mask.

I think you need to wait til you get a release to play with before you make these judgements :p

Kalle Bowo is German and likes Tiberium series games. So I doubt he'll be there.

Guest Tsumetai

That song was bizarre... I like bizarre songs. What song was it?

Barracks look good too. But huge. I hate spawning in the lower floor of the barracks in APB just because I hate that little extra time it takes me to get back to the action (especially if the base is under attack). I worry about how long it takes to get around in the AR structures, the interiors look so much bigger and more complex than the APB structures.

Guest ivan55599

interesting big barr at inside.

(what are fake textures?)

ARgh logo reminds me for this old logo ra3_logo.jpg

Edited by ivan55599

That song was bizarre... I like bizarre songs. What song was it?

Barracks look good too. But huge. I hate spawning in the lower floor of the barracks in APB just because I hate that little extra time it takes me to get back to the action (especially if the base is under attack). I worry about how long it takes to get around in the AR structures, the interiors look so much bigger and more complex than the APB structures.

It's Is he alive from Rednex, but only used it to make you guyz smile when the SEAL runs away screaming from my conscript. Oh well... COME TO ME! :D

Also, we can just have spawners in the upper interior, so you won't notice the size of the barracks when trying to come out quickly from the depths :)

(what are fake textures?)

Everything being grey lolconcrete are faketextures.

Guest Kurorahk

Wow love the barracks now sounds like it will be very fun for infantry wars. As for the music... tried to listen to it and was not my cup of tea but the video was good and now I have a feeling of the general layout of the barracks.

-Kurorahk-

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Found the hidden video. Nice door, but hardly worth running my cursor over every piece of text... >_<

Barracks = win. Music = even more win.

Barack roll = :D

Oh...btw do ya'll have any intention of changing the mirage tank projectile? It looks kinda...lame. :)

Edited by BaneOfSorrows

Oh...btw do ya'll have any intention of changing the mirage tank projectile? It looks kinda...lame. :D

Aye, it will change when someone actually makes a projectile / emitter for it. At the moment it's just a coloured beam weapon :p

Guest superdude

wow i'm so excited about ar :D

but a few questions:

1) will the GI be the default allied unit when u respawn? (i've heard that it won't be)

2) will the final mirage tank shot look like that (cause i remember it looking like a big fireball looking thing not a beam)

wow i'm so excited about ar :D

but a few questions:

1) will the GI be the default allied unit when u respawn? (i've heard that it won't be)

2) will the final mirage tank shot look like that (cause i remember it looking like a big fireball looking thing not a beam)

Please ask questions about AR in this thread:

http://www.bluehellproductions.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18018

Actually the answer to your first question is in the original question list.

Guest A_Mustang

Blog is win....

video is awesome, snipers are gonna kill from the tower. i can see GIs deploying up there and being OP

I wanna have the GI have a FAMAS and the seal have a Uzi, because that's what the units in RA2 had..

(check the purchase icon and the in-game unit... the match profiles in both and are suited to they're roles)

disagree if you want, that's my two cents.

Awesome.

Nice barracks, hopefully the texture will make it look even nicer and the tower is a nice addition to the barracks for snipers or to see any incoming enemy players.