RA2 - coming to CNCNet soon

Shnappz

RA2 was probably my most played games online so I'm really looking forward to it coming to CNCNet. It will have tunnelling server support so if you're on a 3G mobile connexion like me, you can play it too :D!

They've fixed all the hax aswell 8-) not that it would be hard to circumvent... Not that I will 8-)!

Edited by Shnappz

Sounds like a plan! I have really got my heart set on experiencing it from the 1st person perspective though ;)!

shhh let him win, otherwise he wont continue on apocalypse rising :aaa:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i personally haven't used an antivirus in years... if you're careful you wont catch anything nasty ;)

Mostly true friend. At least for stuff that comes through a browser. If your idiot friend plugs his infected flash drive in your PC or connects his worm-top to your wifi, well its a toss up :/

I use MSE (Microsoft security essentials) or Defender as its known in 8.x and 10. At work we use EndPoint protection (which is the same thing, just with a nice management backend)

Yeah you do have a point there mate. The guy who used to live at my house thought it'd be cool to download some software, but instead of discriminating between what the actual download link was, he clicked the big flashing "DOWNLOAD" button. Bam ended up with more spyware than you can shake a stick at

Yeah you do have a point there mate. The guy who used to live at my house thought it'd be cool to download some software, but instead of discriminating between what the actual download link was, he clicked the big flashing "DOWNLOAD" button. Bam ended up with more spyware than you can shake a stick at

It'll getcha every time :p

/me remembers the topic and gasps

So when is RA2 supposed to get on cncnet5 anyway? :v:

It doesn't help that the real download link is usually tiny and hard to see, while the fake ones are big, prominent, and increasingly appear more and more like the legit thing. Even if you're careful, you're probably going to make a mistake sooner or later and click on the bad one. Whoever made those sites should be shot.

YR is out now, shouldn't be too long before ra2 follows. God knows why they did it that way rounds probat assumed YR was more popular?

I thought it was because RA2 isnt free ware and I think they may be waiting for that.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't help that the real download link is usually tiny and hard to see, while the fake ones are big, prominent, and increasingly appear more and more like the legit thing. Even if you're careful, you're probably going to make a mistake sooner or later and click on the bad one. Whoever made those sites should be shot.

Um turn on Ask where to save each file before downloading if you have chrome. It will tell you what you are downloading and let you cancel it before it starts.

In other news RA2 is on CNCnet5. Yay :dance: !(you can still use xwis)

Edited by Isaac The Madd

• 3 weeks later...