W3D games for android

Most android devices run ARM processors, which means they need totally different code from a PC. Computers on the other hand, usually have x86-based processors. The difference is called architecture, otherwise known as instruction set. In other words, code compiled for use on a PC running Windows can be changed a little and made compatible with Mac OS and Linux also, because they all share the same architecture. However, android devices (excluding some virtual machines), use entirely different processor types and therefore require the code to be written and compiled in a totally different way in order to run.

That being said, I am not a developer and I have no say in what the teams here do but I do know that these facts have somewhat discouraged efforts towards things like this. I think it would be great to be able to play all the W3D mods on android. I'm a droid fanboy myself. But without an additional dedicated team whose specific purpose was to make this happen, I personally don't believe it would be plausable.

But hey, lets hear what the devs have to say. Again, I am not one.

Let's imagine you get to play Reborn on an Android device and you even manage to join the public server.

Everyone who is playing on PC will always beat you in combat because aiming with the mouse at something that is moving will always beat anyone who tries to play from a phone/tablet (unless they use an external mouse connected to the device)

But surely your hands end up covering up most of the screen trying to control your character, to the extent that you can't actually see what you're doing?

Depends on how the controls are. Some are better than others, but with all the different functions in all W3D games, I can't imagine really getting anywhere without a keyboard and mouse, even if it were to be made possible to run on android.

Because....

Let's imagine you get to play Reborn on an Android device and you even manage to join the public server.

Everyone who is playing on PC will always beat you in combat because aiming with the mouse at something that is moving will always beat anyone who tries to play from a phone/tablet (unless they use an external mouse connected to the device)

This ^

New server for Android version.

A single person really isn't a market demand. If you get a lot of people to sign a petition or something, then we can think about looking at it if the demand is there.

But I really don't see it happening, mainly because of the control issues.

New server for Android version.

A single person really isn't a market demand. If you get a lot of people to sign a petition or something, then we can think about looking at it if the demand is there.

But I really don't see it happening, mainly because of the control issues.

I demand a Command & Conquer fighting game! Think of all the characters! Kane, Soloman, Ghost-stalker. Seth. You could do ultra combos and special moves. Including the tiberium uppercut punch.

I demand a Command & Conquer fighting game! Think of all the characters! Kane, Soloman, Ghost-stalker. Seth. You could do ultra combos and special moves. Including the tiberium uppercut punch.

Might be good to make a new topic for this. Just a thought.

Or I can split this into a new topic for you if you'd like. Either way, this is a bit off topic for this thread.

Might be good to make a new topic for this. Just a thought.

Or I can split this into a new topic for you if you'd like. Either way, this is a bit off topic for this thread.

I was just poking at the fun that yuri wanted it on android, and OWA mentioned if there a demand for something they'd consider it. Suppose the joke didn't turn out right :v

I was just poking at the fun that yuri wanted it on android, and OWA mentioned if there a demand for something they'd consider it. Suppose the joke didn't turn out right :v

My bad, I thought you were serious :p