Soviet Suggestions and More

Hello!

Regarding the Soviet War Factory, would it be possible to attach a red star (see second picture) right here (see below picture).

IIO1Qao.jpg

DwZXc7y.jpg

3Jri0RU.jpg

About the Soviet Barracks, how about we change the flag from the existing flag to the actual Soviet flag? If not then I understand, I'll just edit the current flag to the Soviet one. :)

This one regards vehicle camouflage. I was wondering what other players thought about removing the option to change the camouflage and just making them map specific, snow for snow maps, green for green maps, etc.? Maybe do this and then allow to change to the black camouflage as the two options? Is this even possible?

While we're on camouflage, will soldiers ever get a camouflage option? I noticed that Tanya now has the option.

None of this is really important for the game but it's something I've been thinking about for a while and I just wanted to get this topic over and done with. :D

Thanks for reading! :dance:

This one regards vehicle camouflage. I was wondering what other players thought about removing the option to change the camouflage and just making them map specific, snow for snow maps, green for green maps, etc.? Maybe do this and then allow to change to the black camouflage as the two options? Is this even possible?

But then you have some maps where multiple camos work well - for example Zama which is a mix of desert/forest at night - and you would be locked out of one of the ones that are good.

Even just setting the "desired" camo as the default one and leaving the other choices in requires every map to have a custom purchase list, which is a pain to keep up to date whenever something related to unit purchases gets globally changed.

In addition some vehicles use scripts to make their "visible" ammo disappear when fired, like the longbow and V2, and other use scripts to activate the vehicle's animation, like the MRJ, and I'm not sure those are compatible with the "force camo per map" script since they all involve messing with the vehicle's model.

Actually the V2 is definitely not compatible with that because each separate V2 camo has its own weapon to fire a rocket that has the correct camo.

Was there a flag on the barracks in previous versions?

No

I just find it looks really weird that it's completely unfurled when there doesn't seem to be any wind...

It was unfurled in RA.

About the Soviet Barracks, how about we change the flag from the existing flag to the actual Soviet flag? If not then I understand, I'll just edit the current flag to the Soviet one. :)

Define "actual Soviet flag". There's a bunch of them.

While we're on camouflage, will soldiers ever get a camouflage option? I noticed that Tanya now has the option.

Tanya's alt camos are something that just happened to conveniently be sitting around in the game's files for years and never enabled. I simply enabled them.

There's a flag change coming up in the next release, but it's not that, it's just adding the hammer and sickle to the middle of the current one like in the Red Alert Soviets' radar background. (Who knows - to pull an ICE, maybe that's the flag they adopted in the alternate timeline?) So go ahead and do your own edit :p

I just find it looks really weird that it's completely unfurled when there doesn't seem to be any wind...

It was unfurled in RA.

Yeah, but it's not nearly so noticeable when you're looking at those sprites...and it's a lot more tiny relative to everything else. Whereas here, it looks a lot more jarring. If it were up to me I would just not have the flag.