[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

I let Nodlied make the choice. I was all for shifting you out but in the end he chose ChopBam. For a moment, we considered that erasing someone from history would drastically change the game, and that erasing ChopBam would bring Mojoman back to the game since he made the tie vote happen. Verti applauded our efforts in analyzing who should be the priority, but seemed to tell us that it wouldn't happen that way. Maybe Nodlied didn't get the memo.

Anyway, I'm alone in the scumdoc for now. Nodlied lost access when he died, which means the vortex isn't scum aligned. I don't know if Verti even visits the doc anymore; he won't answer me, but I asked him if voting Nodlied was a thing we could do. I'm considering that he isn't dead and simply changed roles and alignment to neutral.

Wow, you guys got BIZZAY while I was at work.

As for what happened: I was all for the plan to revive Nodlied and see if that stopped the Chrono vortex. Unfortunately, it seems like the golden wrench didn't work due to missing components, some of which chronoshifted away, and the vortex made being around it unsafe. So that plan is out the window. Feck.

I did get infantry training, which is awesome. Decided to refill my engy.

Well, any information is better than no information. Verti is not being cooperative in the scumdoc. Vagueness is suspicious to me, so I'll vote Nodlied and see what happens if he's hammered.

##vote Nodlied

##unvote

Wait a sec. I still need answers. Killing_You, did you actually try to repair Nodlied last night? You didn't visit me, right? We're pretty sure Moonsense died while protecting you.

I did try to repair Nodlied. Maybe Moonsense protected me, and the vortex got him because we got so close to the chronosphere? That's the only thing I can think of. After all, the PM did say that the vortex made being near it unsafe.

That makes sense, at least. Crap, that was my only lead on stopping this thing. Verti just responded to me, too. He said that Nodlied is not in the CVC list and thus votes for him will not be counted. So that's out the window. Category5, any more ideas? Try shooting the vortex maybe? But if it's not in the CVC, can it even be a valid target?

Verti, we need some mod hints here. What can you tell us without directly giving anything away? Can the vortex be shot at?

I did try to repair Nodlied. Maybe Moonsense protected me, and the vortex got him because we got so close to the chronosphere? That's the only thing I can think of. After all, the PM did say that the vortex made being near it unsafe.

Ok, so why aren't you using your 56% shot on Jeod? Eventually we have to wind up on the other side of the ~10% percent that we are on now.

By the way, Nodlied not being an active character just proves that he is Allied aligned and will win when he kills all remaining town. It isn't possible that he's a third party, because there would be absolutely no way he could lose.

If he was Allied aligned I'd be able to talk to him in the scumdoc. Vortexes have no friends, as Chaos said. It's a good bet that he's a neutral party.

I can't think of anything else to try at the moment. The only reason to keep me alive was to use me to talk to Nodlied when/if he came back and that obviously isn't happening. I guess, go ahead and shoot.

Ok, so why aren't you using your 56% shot on Jeod? Eventually we have to wind up on the other side of the ~10% percent that we are on now.

I was waiting for Verti to confirm my refill.

I can't think of anything else to try at the moment. The only reason to keep me alive was to use me to talk to Nodlied when/if he came back and that obviously isn't happening. I guess, go ahead and shoot.

Okhe.

##shoot Jeod

Wow. RNGesus really loves me.

There is one more thing I can think of, but I have no idea what it will do. It's also not in my best interest, but I'm more curious about the effects at this point.

Revive the supercharged Moonsense!

Since we have 4 hours to go before day end, let me clear some questions that have been raised:

1. Each APB Mafia doesn't specifically require RNG actions to complete game objective (aka bad luck = lose), but just like in every game, players need to take correct actions in order to do so. Ofc we know that is not always the case (ties, LYLO/MILO, etc).

2. Some battle actions (which are RNG dependent) are there as alternative to speed up the course of actions, provided correct action is used on correct target. In case of "Shoot or Lose" scenario, you are informed in day post - happened last game iirc.

3. Chrono Vortex, as some of you already figured out based on Nodlied's posts (they are not shitposts Liten), is partially controlled by player(s). There is a reason to Chrono Vortex to exist and it's not (just) because of flavor.

4. There are numerous ways to stop or skip Chrono Vortex from happening but obviously I can't reveal how but it's pretty simple (really). There is also outside influence behind it.

5. Read the day posts more carefully for more info :p

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 3 hours, 59 min, 59 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

Jeod voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

0/4 votes casted so far

No votes casted so far

I don't get it. I've read the day posts carefully. I don't get what I'm supposed to be seeing. If we're on the right track with Nodlied partially controlling the thing, then what more is there...?

Last point - as you can see this game was using some unique roles that were not in previous games, hence the game required some "balance mechanics". One of them (but not last) is the Chrono Vortex. That should clear up most of the confusion :)

I mean, I'm not mad that the vortex exists. I'm just confused because we seem to have exhausted our choices. There's nothing left on the role sheet or in our unique roles to give us a hint at getting rid of it.

Yea, Vert, I'd really love to know how town can kill

- Unlynchable

- Unvisitable at night

scum without the RNGesus shooting

- To which he has an extra 25% evasion

And I am going to borrow this from Warframe community

cQ3elHF.gif

I cannot answer that Chaos as it's based on assumption and theory. I can only answer specific questions regarding individual roles and their actions via PM. Obviously there is a way to end game, hence the balacers.

Well, there's still a 75% chance of kill on the engineer for shooting me. That's actually not horribly unbalanced, to be honest.

To be correct it's actually

0.5*1*0.75 = 0.375 or 37.5% because he also has 50% stuck chance.

But to be fair you are pretty damn lucky so far.

Assuming your dampening doesn't straight up remove 25% accuracy from the shooter thus rendering you invincible to rifles and other minor shooters (which would've been stupid)...

1st shot was a sniper 75/25 aka 0.75*0.75*0.75 = 0.42 or 42% kill

2nd was an engie 100/50 aka 0.5*1*0.75 = 0.375 or 37.5% kill

3rd was an engie 100/50 also aka 0.5*1*0.75 = 0.375 or 37.5% kill

And also HT shooting: 50/50 as in 0.5*0.5*0.75 = 0.1875 or 18.75% kill

However, the chance to avoid ALL of these is like

(1-0.42) x (1-0.375) x (1-0.375) x (1-0.1875) = 18.4%

This, however, leaves the question of how do we end this?

1. The most obvious answer is that we all die.

2. Killing Jeod somehow allows the game to end. Requires RNGesus. Proven to be unlikely.

3. Play along with Vert and try to solve the "mystery". Error. Insufficient data.

Never did try the suicide flamethrower, either. Though Chaos you didn't seem to think that would work.

I have considered this solution but as I said I have no reason to believe it would work.

If HT was there to protect flamer who in turn then suicide bombed you, this could work.

BUT

And that's a big butt, general.

It would require full trust and cooperation of 4 soviets to take you down that way.

- Cat5 gives HT

- I give Flamer

- Tank protects

- Flamer goes full ISIS

And THAT is pretty BS if you ask me.

The only reason we even had 2 infantry + 2 structures alive is because viceroids were bad, none of the town was trigger happy on me or Cat5 and Allies refused to take the risk until N3.

Isaac should've claimed dog and ate everyone tbh.

Your math is wrong. Engineer is 50/100 against me.

I also included the dampening which you have mentioned.

So

He has 50% chance to successfully fire.

100% chance to hit

25% chance to bounce off

For him to kill you he needs to fire (50%) AND not get bounced off (75%). So 0.5*0.75 = 0.375