[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

Except that killing Nodlied has apparently allowed you to start making night kills, and it also made Killing_You look very town. You can't lose with that strategy. You either miss and get townie credit when Nodlied is lynched (and flipped) or Nodlied dies and soon you can night kill. Killing_You might be the only lynchable scum, so that would be great for him.

Except that killing Nodlied has apparently allowed you to start making night kills, and it also made Killing_You look very town. You can't lose with that strategy. You either miss and get townie credit when Nodlied is lynched (and flipped) or Nodlied dies and soon you can night kill. Killing_You might be the only lynchable scum, so that would be great for him.

...Nodlied was a building.

Look, I don't care if you think he's scum or not. That vortex is right on top of me and since I'm still alive, it's a safe bet it'll be within range of the rest of you tomorrow. Killing_You, I want to know why you didn't revive Nodlied last night. You clearly visited me.

Oh. That's where I got lost.

So yes, it still stands that KY needs to tell us why he decided to visit me when I directly said that visiting me would cause a death. We're probably all dead tomorrow. Hell, I'm probably dead by tonight. I've got a vortex over my head.

Oh. That's where I got lost.

So yes, it still stands that KY needs to tell us why he decided to visit me when I directly said that visiting me would cause a death. We're probably all dead tomorrow. Hell, I'm probably dead by tonight. I've got a vortex over my head.

Yea, Vortexes had no friends in RA1.

Ok. But we don't know if Killing_You is actually telling the truth about the roles he grabbed, right? Does Engineer really have 100% versus buildings? And if it did, why kill Moony instead?

And also why is Jeod defending him?

And why is Jeod trying to attribute Killing_You visiting Jeod when Killing_You obviously would not have attempted to use claimed role on Jeod?

Ok. But we don't know if Killing_You is actually telling the truth about the roles he grabbed, right? Does Engineer really have 100% versus buildings? And if it did, why kill Moony instead?

And why is Jeod trying to attribute Killing_You visiting Jeod when Killing_You obviously would not have attempted to use claimed role on Jeod?

That's why I'm pissed. There's no reason for him to visit me as an engineer.

Look.

1. If KY was scum we would've been already dead.

2. See point 1 about the day Nodlied was shot.

3. He's the only threat to Jeod we have right now. If he was scum... see point 1.

4. Only sovs can accept my invites.

5. He's new and prob. got confused. Maybe he tried to C4 Jeod at night. Or cap him. Maybe WallyMoon died protecting him. Idk. We'll only find out when he gets there.

At this point I am not even sure what Sov engineer even does anymore.

At this moment of time I'm just waiting for what he has to say xD

Wondering if Cat5 scared him into not repairing Nodlied. Cat5 always wants to be right and always wants to have an explanation that makes sense to him. He's narrow-minded that way. He's a von Karma disguised as a Phoenix Wright.

Jeod, you would win if I'm wrong about Killing_You, so it doesn't make sense that you are defending him as town. We can't even lynch anybody else, nor can we fire. We're in the town stalemate we've all been saying would happen if mafia is really all unlynchable.

And we're in a position that if Killing_You is town, we can't win.

So why is the game still being played?

Jeod, you would win if I'm wrong about Killing_You, so it doesn't make sense that you are defending him as town. We can't even lynch anybody else, nor can we fire. We're in the town stalemate we've all been saying would happen if mafia is really all unlynchable.

I would win with town having a 75% chance to shoot me each day (assuming the shooter is always an engineer)? I'm defending him as town because in order for me to have a chance of winning this thing I need Nodlied to come back, and it's mutually beneficial. Assuming Killing_You doesn't get suicidal and kill himself by visiting me to cause the stalemate to come faster, we still have an opportunity here.

Unless, Killing_You is town and did receive another shot, in which we have a 56% chance of winning.

Nodlied is clearly controlling the kills. You've been saying all this time you can't visit and based on the lack of kills until now, I believe that. He also wouldn't be allowed to post so much if he were out of the game. Nodlied's role was triggered on death and it was done intentionally. This Chrono revival bull shit is a bluff.

If that's what he's banking on, he's a fool. But, everyone has their different definitions of "victory". I don't agree with Chaos at all and would rather have a complete Allied victory, but it's all up to KY's definition of the term I suppose.

Allies would need to have greater or equal numbers to the Soviets. With Nodlied's revival, and a sliver of a chance he can do something spectacular due to the vortex that I don't know about, there's about a 10% chance of victory.

By my analysis nobody wins if Nodlied isn't brought back. I can't see any other way to get rid of this vortex. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think the chronosphere is the key to dispelling it.

How do you have a game not run by Westy where nobody wins?

Don't ask me. I really think the visceroids were supposed to last longer. Given that Nodlied is apparently now a paranormal vortex, that should offer you clue enough that it doesn't end with me.

Wait...wait, that might be it.

Nodlied's images have a pattern. He posts vortex gifs during the day and targets during the night. Cat5 might be on to something. I wasn't ready to buy that Nodlied himself had been turned into the vortex role, but I think it might be possible. Voe's stupid Tiberium-infested image doesn't help, but this is worth checking out. I'll look into it after work.

Nodlied posts

Vortex appears - Near FRAYDO's Grave - Day 5

Nodlied Post #1 - Vortex - Day 5

Nodlied Post #2 - Target - Night 5

Vortex moves - FRAYDO + Mojoman - Day 6

Nodlied Post #3 - Vortex - Day 6

Nodlied Post #4 - Target - Night 6

Vortex moves - Jeod + Moonsense - Day 7

Nodlied Post #5 - Vortex - Day 7

I think we can safely conclude that Nodlied is the chrono vortex and uses a specified set of images to communicate his role actions. It can also be a safe bet that after nightfall, he'll post another target image.

Category5, it's a shame you're a commie. You'd do well over in the States. We need bright minds. :v

Jeod, you should have complete knowledge of Nodlied's role. You were on a team with him. You even once claimed you're able to talk with him. The only chance that you don't know is that this is like the iLTS game where a 3rd party was part of the mafia.

That's the thing. I don't have complete knowledge of his role now. In the scumdoc, he listed the damaged chronosphere as a role that can chronoshift one player each night, with a 25% chance they return the next night. It was also said that use of this ability could destabilize the chronosphere, which is why we decided not to use it for the first two nights. After we shifted ChopBam out, we speculated on what the danger could be, and while I was researching the chrono tank to try and frame you, I came across the chrono vortex.

The wiki page doesn't offer much on how it works in terms of this game, though. One of the things it does mention is that it's possible to make it go away by throwing infantry into it. We don't have that option, exactly, so in lieu of sacrifices (PRAISE VORTEX!!), I thought repairing the chronosphere to its full potential would allow us a way to either control the vortex or destroy it. Honestly, because the wiki is irrelevant to this game's vortex role, I have no clue what might happen.