[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

Because scum being allowed to change roles for no apparent reason is an awesome idea.

Verti implied in all of his hints that it was a balance thing. In exchange for me getting nightkills, I became lynchable. I used that to my advantage.

I actually thought something like that might be happening. That's why I went for the lynch,

Dangerous. I like it, but do be careful of not mentioning that in the future. In the next game I could be a scummy town. :v

I don't know if Chaos posted before or at hammertime. I agree with adding a new rule for vote sniping. All votes added before mod posts "hammer time" should be counted regardless of time on the post.

That cannot work since GM doesn't have to be ready to post exactly at the right second - and since i'm preparing night post and watch several docs, pms and forum itself it's not possible (and I might not even have been present due to actually getting home from work :p)

Everyone knows when the hammer time is, I've announced it several times. I notified people again 4 hours before hammer too :p

I know it's dramatic to vote last second but it doesn't pay off and I can't do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to think any more highly of this setup then I ever have before.

You surprised us all with that vote hehe

The setup is perfectly balanced imo. You guys could have lynched me two days ago and won. Only reason I lasted so long is that I was able to distract you. It's kind of hard for mods to factor player personalities into game setups. Even Verti was surprised when I wrote my whole "repair the chronosphere" idea in the scumdoc. And he was more surprised when he saw that it was working.

Because scum being allowed to change roles for no apparent reason is an awesome idea.

There was apparent reason. It's called balance - if both scum and town were buildings nobody would win ever. Scum was allowed to change to vanilla scum when their superweapon died. That was established rule since beginning of the game and had to be done to avoid stalemate.

Yeah you guys really did a fantastic job. I feel like you'd have discovered me even without my scumslip. I had a lot of fun this game, and I'm glad I came back in time for it. Kudos to all of you.

"Of course! Because scum can't lose if they are always buildings, that means they aren't anymore! lol how did we let that fly?"

It's exactly the same thing as testing lynchproofing twice. Which we even did.

It was obvious from the night kill. The day post said the allies killed wallymoon. The day post said chrono vortex only super charged him.

Well, honestly, I feel like town did an amazing job in this game, yet we lost anyway.

To be fair, Jeod didn't give me the chance to claim on D4. Considering he was the primary pusher behind shooting me, something I did not agree to. Read the Vortex doc to see my rant. :v

And considering the circumstances, I think we did pretty well. It was hard to fight two unlynchable vets with role proving abilities while only having a once-every-two days night kill that had a 25% chance to bring people back the next night (with some additional flavour) and which wasn't able to kill buildings (read: the two unlynchable vets). We depended about as much on RNG as you did. Oh, and, we didn't even know that the Chronokill didn't affect buildings.

Killing the cult early may have not have worked out in our favour. KY did most things right though. He blocked Mojoman on N2, he was the first to openly guess the correct scum team and was the first to suggest the correct situation.

Oh shaddup, I gave you at least three posts asking you to hardclaim. Not my fault you have internship stuff getting in the way. :v

I even asked you to not go along with it. I even told you I'd be back before hammer. I didn't claim the first time I came back due to a lack of time to post (I was really busy last week, and I spend too much of my time discussing stuff in the scum doc before I had to get back to work.) Second time I came back with a ready claim, you already bussed me. :v

I don't exactly mean to say that at all. I said earlier in the game that it was almost like this setup made it impossible for anyone to win. But of course, eventually someone has to.

Because nobody felt like they had a chance to win, it's going to result in people being rather frustrated with the result, even if they had a good chance to win in the end (as we did, since it was 50-50)

You better read the scumdoc then :v

I would if I could. But remember that I asked you to give me my time.

I don't exactly mean to say that at all. I said earlier in the game that it was almost like this setup made it impossible for anyone to win. But of course, eventually someone has to.

Because nobody felt like they had a chance to win, it's going to result in people being rather frustrated with the result, even if they had a good chance to win in the end (as we did, since it was 50-50)

I actually thought we had a chance to win, even if it was very difficult.

The whole purpose of the game was to test if allies can work fine if they are buildings. Of course their superweapon and tiberian TP was added as custom roles but it fit in this scenario very well, along with the production buildings chaos and cat5 requested. I think the balance mechanics worked as they should but I'm up for your opinion.

(before i'm finished posting ending post)