[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

Oh oh! Can we make Spies unable to kill buildings! Pretty please!

If that was the case, then we would have had no way of killing you two. :v

Fair enough, I do worry about Choppy shielding Cat5 though (tanks can ‘’protect’’ others during the night).

Did you just slip, good sir?

Nope.

Choppy protected Cat5, therefore, Choppy died

Ah, so they really did target Cat5? I'm glad I protected him then. :D And the log confirms this. Woop, I did something right! Hopefully this makes up for my not catching on to your "obvious War Factory" thing earlier on, Cat5. Although, it really wasn't that obvious to me. I had no idea why I received a heavy tank in the night, and I didn't connect it to a war factory role, especially considering war factories did not exist in previous mafia games.

Actually, you should not have protected Cat5. :v The Chronosphere was unable to kill buildings. (Granted, neither party knew about that back then.)

As for the game itself, I really enjoyed it and I would like to thank Verti for the experimental set-up. I also don't think people understand just how hard scum had it after the Visceroids were eliminated. We couldn't murder the veteran players, could only kill one person once every two days (and even that was not guaranteed!) and, as buildings, we were limited to the Soviet structure list. Meanwhile, the two veteran players, who we couldn't kill, had ways to prove themselves as town. Obviously, they didn't know we couldn't touch them, so them being careful was a balancing mechanic, but it was hard. And in the end, RNG kind off saved our arse. :v

Some people also asked what I would claim, well, in the end, I decided to either go with a kennel (passive cop) or claim Neutral Chronosphere where a ''third party'' was after me, having accessed my control node on N3, building on my unwillingness to claim, the lack of nightkills so far. and the idea that town wasn't fighting the Allies. An impatient scumbuddy put an end to these plans. (Yes, I was really busy those days. :v I don't lie about that.)

All in all, an enjoyable game. Also, the role of the Vortex was fun. Especially since I rolled a charge twice and didn't manage to do anything on the first two tries. The Vortex wasn't as dangerous as you were led to believe. :v (And I even made that clear.)

I'll consider joining the next mafia game, even though i seriously have no clue what I'm doing, despite reading the rules a few times over....

c6a4375f5a2909c3879547d89c1fd480073b54b2

I believe it's absolutely fine. It's a great tactical game of wits and persuasion. Rules are few, and only to make it fair for everyone. Watch out of Cat5, Jeod, Chaos_Knight and Nodlied, they're the best there are. Each in a different way.

Mafia teaches you to follow your instincts and rely on what you yourself think and believe. Teaches confidence.

There is also me  :russkie: 

I'll consider joining the next mafia game, even though i seriously have no clue what I'm doing, despite reading the rules a few times over....

c6a4375f5a2909c3879547d89c1fd480073b54b2

I believe it's absolutely fine. It's a great tactical game of wits and persuasion. Rules are few, and only to make it fair for everyone. Watch out of Cat5, Jeod, Chaos_Knight and Nodlied, they're the best there are. Each in a different way.

Mafia teaches you to follow your instincts and rely on what you yourself think and believe. Teaches confidence.

There is also me  :russkie: 

I'm gonna watch out for FRAYDO, as he is not to be trusted anymore..... He raped my base in DTA a few days ago all over 2 soldiers being trapped in my general area.....

I will not be joining the chat game. I will not be home until more than two hours after you start.

After your game(s) is(are) done, I'd personally like to have another APB game. In the actual APB game setting, not the forum mafia setting. I got to shoot at Jeod with a sniper last time and somehow I couldn't kill him! (He was town hurr hurr)

I will not be joining the chat game. I will not be home until more than two hours after you start.

After your game(s) is(are) done, I'd personally like to have another APB game. In the actual APB game setting, not the forum mafia setting. I got to shoot at Jeod with a sniper last time and somehow I couldn't kill him! (He was town hurr hurr)

The games are never done, my frienemy. However, if you'd like to take a gander at my profile and add me on Skype or Steam, I hope to be on APB again sometime this weekend.

I'll be there in 15 or so minutes, but will have to do a few tests first.

I just finished the updated role sheet here:

IyfhktU.png

We have two new vehicle units! V2 and Artillery. Both have a nice daily battle action which can trigger a splash damage (=extra shot) to a random player. While V2 is a bit worse, it can prepare a rocket during the night to make a better shot, or rearm if it already did before. Artillery has also interesting night action, shelling random non allied player during the night.

I have also modified engineers for both teams. They have a bonus now 100% chance to kill a building (weapon stuck factor still applies though - but I'm considering to lower it to 25%).
Soviet engineer can now only gold wrench soviet buildings, nothing else. Allied engineer has now a hacking ability instead of C4 trap (since allies have defense structures now).

Here are the results from the last week's RA1: APB themed Mafia Chat games:

:soviet: APB Mafia Chat Game VIII - Round 1:

• 5 Soviets vs 2 Allies Scenario
  • Using new artillery vehicles
  • Einstein's debut :p
  • Allies won in less than 34 minutes (3 Phases)

:soviet: Player Roles & Game Information

8pFtILB.png

IOCPV8x.png

Don't forget to check out the DOCS, as there is more information to the game, as well as some of the funny moments!
Allied Doc

:soviet: Game Log:

cO2qRH4.png
(click for large)

:soviet: APB Mafia Chat Game VIII - Round 2:

• 5 Soviets vs 1 Allies Scenario
  • Both Allies and Soviets had a building
  • Chaos Knight changed from Allied Pillbox to Allied Spy to enable spy kills by the end
  • Allies won in less than 1 hour (5 Phases)

:soviet: Player Roles & Game Information

D0Im5DX.png

E6WR8hZ.png

There were no docs in this game.

:soviet: Game Log:

RVyJBqf.png
(click for large)

If you guys like, we can schedule another mafia chat session next week - Friday, October 21st, same time as last time - at 10 PM UTC/GMT