Old Beta maps I found

While digging through some old DVDs I found a bunch of fan maps from back in Beta. These seem to be from 1.2.0. up until 1.4.0.

If anyone wants these maps, I can upload them somewhere and put a download link here.

This is the list of maps I found:

B1fc9xq.jpg

Edited by A4R91N

Note: I installed APB 1.2.0 to test the maps, and some don't work. They might be either too old, or they were meant for 1.3 or 1.4.

Edited by A4R91N

10 hours ago, A4R91N said:

While digging through some old DVDs I found a bunch of fan maps from back in Beta. These seem to be from 1.2.0. up until 1.4.0.

If anyone wants these maps, I can upload them somewhere and put a download link here.

This is the list of maps I found:

B1fc9xq.jpg

Please delete from existence my following old mapsisbad:

• Desolation
  • FirewoodForest
  • FrozenWasteland
  • Noddingham
  • SnowHills (fun fact: Present day Wasteland is SnowHills)
  • TreeTopJungle

I'm not sure if I made Maze, I certainly made a maze map once, just can't remember naming it so or releasing it. (Edit: was it the map with bases on two platforms with a canyon in between?)

I guess I'm fortunate you didn't have the other half of my ancient trash maps, phew!

Edited by Raap

I remember tree top forest. Basically the map boundary was falling off the ramps = death. It reminded me of the huge trees of kashyyyk.

I don't remember desolation or firewood forest. Raap you were very experimental with level design.

On 12-5-2017 at 10:52 AM, Raptor29aa said:

Raap you were very experimental with level design.

What do you mean, "were"? :v

Desolation was actually a map on a floating rock in what can probably only be described as 'space'. I don't recall the exact details, and that's probably for the best.

They were made a decade ago using even older tools (Gmax, eww) and less experience on my part.

Edited by Raap