[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

As per usual, if anything is wrong, tell me.

Players

Character

Alignment

Role

Items

N1

Sunflower

?

?

Roleblocker

?

Roleblocked Retal

Shade

Frankenstein

Third Party

Build-a-bear

?

Roleblocked

OrangeP47

?

?

?

?

?

Nodlied

?

?

?

?

?

Killing You

?

?

?

?

?

Retaliation

?

?

Hostile Counter?

?

Roleblocked

Category 5

?

?

Watcher

?

Watch Shade

Got Item

TheIrishman

?

Neutral

Witch

?

Possess Shade Target Retal

Pass Item

Got Item

FRAYDO

Johnny Bravo

Town

?

Mirror

ChopBam

?

?

?

?

Pie Shade

Alright, so, after rereading, I'm honestly inclined to believe Shade. That doesn't mean we should trust him, though, and if it can be helped he shouldn't be allowed to complete his objective.

Cat5's line of thinking that the roleblock prevented a nightkill is definitely a route I want to look into. Since Irish confirmed Shade's story, that only leaves Retaliation. In the unlikely event that his theory of scum roleblocking and framing him is accurate, however, then that would mean Sunflower is scum. The only other scenarios I can think of are scum deciding not to nightkill and let town form their own conclusions (unlikely), scum being unable to nightkill last night (least likely), or scum hitting someone immune to NKs (somewhat likely). However, I'm still worried that he might have a jester-like passive. Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

Also, Irish, I assume that you're claiming Bus Driver, essentially?

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Right, an ability cop version of it that doesn't let me control Scum NKs. I say Scum, but what it actually says is that it fails for killing actions, so I shouldn't be able to possess Shade after he builds his abomination either.

So if a roleblock is what prevented a nightkill, it wasn't you. In that case,

##vote Retaliation

Still concerned about the possible passive, though. I could remedy that, but only if everyone else thinks it'd be a good idea.

Just now, Killing_You said:

So if a roleblock is what prevented a nightkill, it wasn't you. In that case,

##vote Retaliation

Still concerned about the possible passive, though. I could remedy that, but only if everyone else thinks it'd be a good idea.

What about if I said it was a good idea? :v

Depends on how much I trust you :p

In all seriousness, I like the idea of using a day kill to get around a jesters ability. But I think ChopBam could also be a jester, so I'm not certain about Retaliation also being one in this case.

MAFIA EDIT:

Just now, Shade939 said:

In all seriousness, I like the idea of using a day kill to get around a jesters ability. But I think ChopBam could also be a jester, so I'm not certain about Retaliation also being one in this case.

It's not a daykill, though.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Though, if I'm worried about a passive on any role, it's on ChopBam. Retal just sounds like he's in full "I give up" mode.

I'm running on pure spite right now. I'm mildly regretting roleclaiming, because it would have been great to deny you all the knowledge that the GM felt it was useful to know how many hostiles there were.

Though, if I'm worried about a passive on any role, it's on ChopBam. Retal just sounds like he's in full "I give up" mode.

I think the guy who's using a day action on the first day is probably trying to draw attention to himself. But what guaranteed do you have that Killing_You's ability would work? I don't exactly want multiple town members dieing today to a scum trap.

I don't. I don't even know exactly what it is? Why are you asking me about questions regarding Killing_You's role?

I'm not, just pointing out that if his ability didn't work then you'd have multiple town players voting up a jester, and like I said I need some time to actually completely my objective...

It's a roleblock that I can do during the day. I say that it can counter passives, but I've been running on the assumption that roleblocks also block passives. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I seriously doubt that a jester role exists. At least not one that would end the game. If anything, it might be one that allows ChopBam to "win" while the game continues.

I'm more worried about other negative effects, like we lynch him and somebody else dies instead, or something negative for us happens like losing a day phase or something like that. (These are things I've actually experienced in a game, unlike a jester role)

I seriously doubt that a jester role exists. At least not one that would end the game. If anything, it might be one that allows ChopBam to "win" while the game continues.

I'm more worried about other negative effects, like we lynch him and somebody else dies instead, or something negative for us happens like losing a day phase or something like that. (These are things I've actually experienced in a game, unlike a jester role)

Game also ends when scum are equal to the number of town players in game. So assuming only two scum, they'd only need to kill three town players for a victory and game end.

It's a roleblock that I can do during the day. I say that it can counter passives, but I've been running on the assumption that roleblocks also block passives. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

You are correct. Unless you had something like mine that specifically negates one action or they have something that can't be blocked, whenever a player is roleblocked, all their abilities are roleblocked.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Game also ends when scum are equal to the number of town players in game. So assuming only two scum, they'd only need to kill three town players for a victory and game end.

No, that's a mistake I had when I first hosted a game. It's when Scum equal the remaining players.