[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If he's following traditional mafia rules, yes. Mafia has to outnumber EVERYONE. They win when they match 50% or more because they control the vote. If they don't reach 50%, then they don't control the vote, therefore it's still possible for others to win.

Well, that would change things to be more in my favor wouldn't it...

Just now, Sunflower said:

I guess Jeod will probably clarify for us just to be sure. But if it really is mafia vs town, that would be a pretty good reason to lynch third parties just to make sure we don't lynch a town member by accident.

If the third party is actually gong to kill town members then yes, that would be a good idea. Otherwise you're allowing scum to get free NKs.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Irish it is your sworn duty to make sure Irish can never use my corpse.

I really can't :b That'd be restricting me way too much. If I spend all my time preventing Shade from acting, I'll never be able to "investigate" other players.

Just now, Shade939 said:

If the third party is actually gong to kill town members then yes, that would be a good idea. Otherwise you're allowing scum to get free NKs.

I'm not sure if you got what I meant. I meant like if its mafia vs town, then each town death brings us one step closer to losing but each third party death doesn't.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I'm not sure if you got what I meant. I meant like if its mafia vs town, then each town death brings us one step closer to losing but each third party death doesn't.

That only counts if you know your lynching a town member though, realistically your trying to lynch the most suspicious player in game and hoping that they are actually scum.

And a third party isn't gong to necessarily harm town like a scum member is guaranteed to.

Just now, Killing_You said:

Ok, if we're certain about lynching Retal, I'll roleblock him just in case. I definitely think we stand to learn the most this way. Any objections?

Not really an objection, but more of "second thoughts." Which player do we think is more likely to be Jester-esque? Retaliation or ChopBam?

Just now, Retaliation said:

It just occurred to me we have 3 roleblockers.

A one-shot Day Blocker isn't quite the same thing imo. I think there were essentially 4 roleblockers in my CYOR if we go by that standard, but only 2 of them were true RBers, the other 2 had one time use abilties.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Not really an objection, but more of "second thoughts." Which player do we think is more likely to be Jester-esque? Retaliation or ChopBam?

Well, it's not a one-time use, so if we decide to go after ChopBam I can use it on him as well. 

I think we should wait closer to hammer.  Not that I'm necessarily opposed to the Retal vote, just that a lot of us are tired and we might have renewed debate coming up tomorrow, where we think of something our tired minds haven't come up with already.

4 hours ago, Shade939 said:

First of all, I'm Victor Frankenstein.

My victory condition is to gather four corpses, and then have my abomination kill two players.

Only problem is I can't actually gather Mafia corpses, but there isn't anything preventing me from killing them for my victory condition.

Depending on how many mafia/neutral players are in game I might be forced to kill off some town members, but I would have to do so in a way that prevents the game from ending before I could win.

After doing the math, I'm declaring this role as basically impossible. To even have a chance of this working, the Mafia would have to fail to NK every night while never being lynched, and then the two kills would have to make sure to target mafia over town, else the game might still end too early. This claim is absurd. This guy is lying about something. It's either his role, alignment, or both.

##vote Shade939

After doing the math, I'm declaring this role as basically impossible. To even have a chance of this working, the Mafia would have to fail to NK every night while never being lynched, and then the two kills would have to make sure to target mafia over town, else the game might still end too early. This claim is absurd. This guy is lying about something. It's either his role, alignment, or both.

##vote Shade939

It's funny how this keep happening with you and Retaliation getting voted up....

##vote Shade939

You know, the obvious explanation would be I'm lying about my victory condition so it would be harder to sabotage it...

Just now, Shade939 said:

It's funny how this keep happening with you and Retaliation getting voted up....

Yeah, I've been wondering when someone was going to bring that up, as I've noticed it myself. However, that shouldn't cause you suspicion when you just finished saying that you're "pretty certain" Retaliation is town.