[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

Just now, Shade939 said:

Let's see if Scum are more willing to cooperate.

The best you'll get out of them is not being nightkilled. Then again, they might do it anyway because you might accidentally kill one of them.

You're still the biggest trump card they have during the day phase. I wouldn't be surprised if the train on you is scum supported.

Just now, Retaliation said:

The best you'll get out of them is not being nightkilled. Then again, they might do it anyway because you might accidentally kill one of them.

You're still the biggest trump card they have during the day phase. I wouldn't be surprised if the train on you is scum supported.

I can still win after I die, all I need to do instead is NK two town members since I can no longer kill myself then enough time to gather up all of the dead bodies.

That makes me uneasy. There's no easy way to tell who's voting for him for town points and who is doing it to accomplish the town objective.

Just now, Killing_You said:

That makes me uneasy. There's no easy way to tell who's voting for him for town points and who is doing it to accomplish the town objective.

It should! It's also day 3 and we've had only one nightkill and one lynch. Something weird is happening. 

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Well that does bring us back to the offer Sunflower made to daykill him, so town can focus on more productive matters.

Problem is, he requested it. I don't think we should follow through on this plan.

Which means our best course of action is discuss who else we suspect to be scum while Shade waits patiently for the noose.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

I can still win after I die, all I need to do instead is NK two town members since I can no longer kill myself then enough time to gather up all of the dead bodies.

You realize this objective of yours is nearly impossible to prevent right? 

Which means our best course of action is discuss who else we suspect to be scum while Shade waits patiently for the noose.

Unfortunately, as Cat 5 pointed out with his "list" that was literally everybody but Retal (and Chop), we don't have many good leads.  I'm at least somewhat suspicious of everyone at the present time, though some more than others.

Problem is, he requested it. I don't think we should follow through on this plan.

I suspect shade isn't telling us things straight. For example, if the only way to communicate with the mutant is via the thread, then it would be impossible to hide that shade is in some way responsible for night kills.

4 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

You realize this objective of yours is nearly impossible to prevent right? 

And yet here town is trying to stop me from achieving my objective. Honestely, only way to stop me is for the game to basically end so either side can actaully focus on eliminating me.

Unfortunately, as Cat 5 pointed out with his "list" that was literally everybody but Retal (and Chop), we don't have many good leads.  I'm at least somewhat suspicious of everyone at the present time, though some more than others.

Well, let me run down the list of players myself.

Category 5 Hurricane- Honestly not sure what to make here. For a little bit there, he was a bit out of character, but not in the way I'd expect a scum Cat5 to behave. Null read for now.

ChopBam- Pretty sure he's town. I highly doubt he's anything else, or else I might call shenanigans on that lynch.

Killing You- Town snek is town.

Nodlied- Been pretty cagey about his role, and the only one without a night report from last night. Admittedly, I don't have much on him, but he's my strongest scum read so far.

OrangeP47- Been playing pretty decently so far. I've got good reason to believe he's town.

Retaliation- Roleblocked on the night with no nightkill. That being said, I have no other reasons to really suspect him. In fact, he told the truth about what he did last night, so I'm leaning towards town. I'm not ruling out the possibility of him being scum, however, but I don't have enough to make a case on him.

Shade939- Claims hostile third party. Spouting a lot of stuff to try and prolong his life. Pretty sure the threat will be over when he dies, but we'll have to keep an eye out.

Sunflower- Roleblocked Retaliation on the night with no nightkill. It's possible this was done deliberately to implicate Retal. Also has a dayshot, which Shade wants used on himself, presumably as part of his plan. Null read, leaning towards scum.

13 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I suspect shade isn't telling us things straight. For example, if the only way to communicate with the mutant is via the thread, then it would be impossible to hide that shade is in some way responsible for night kills.

Oh I think he's lying through his teeth to try and scare us. He might also be scum trying to distract us with nonsense while scum operate unhindered (A similar gambit happened in APB Mafia III, where Jeod had town running in circles trying to shut down a Chrono Vortex while he mopped up town).

You're close enough to the point I was trying to make about how it absorbs all the focus :p

Honestely, the biggest problem is this situation basically played right into my hands, and most of the ingame counters you needed to stop me have already been eliminated.

Oh I think he's lying through his teeth to try and scare us. He might also be scum trying to distract us with nonsense while scum operate unhindered (A similar gambit happened in APB Mafia III, where Jeod had town running in circles trying to shut down a Chrono Vortex while he mopped up town).

My crowning achievement, shame it's most likely a one-time gig as nobody trusts me anymore.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

And yet here town is trying to stop me from achieving my objective. Honestely, only way to stop me is for the game to basically end so either side can actaully focus on eliminating me.

Your existence prevents us from achieving our objective.

Also you assume it's town trying to get you lynched. I'm perfectly fine leaving you alive, you've just been making me question if you might be mafia.

3 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Retaliation- Roleblocked on the night with no nightkill. That being said, I have no other reasons to really suspect him. In fact, he told the truth about what he did last night, so I'm leaning towards town. I'm not ruling out the possibility of him being scum, however, but I don't have enough to make a case on him.

See, I'm not sold on that, simply because he would have known he was under pressure and might have done more deliberately towny stuff in case people watched/tracked him whatever.  Though if it is him and he truly didn't make the night kill, and the virus works the way Irish said it did, then he could not be partnered with Nodlied, at the very least. I guess I'm not sure about Nodlied (mostly because he's being obtuse) but if the virus works as claimed he wasn't the killer.

I'm always a little suspicious of players that don't mention why they themselves might be suspicious in their analysis. Like if we're going to have all the info, don't leave yourself out. Personally I could see why people might think I'm suspicious cause there was nobody there to verify what I did. I guess that's my fault for requesting an ability that can fail. No clue why I did that. lol

Your existence prevents us from achieving our objective.

Also you assume it's town trying to get you lynched. I'm perfectly fine leaving you alive, you've just been making me question if you might be mafia.

I would have been far less obvious if I was actaully a scum player, plus I wouldn't have eliminated Irish.

You are on the bottom of my list of players to kill. :p

Just now, Sunflower said:

I'm always a little suspicious of players that don't mention why they themselves might be suspicious in their analysis. Like if we're going to have all the info, don't leave yourself out. Personally I could see why people might think I'm suspicious cause there was nobody there to verify what I did. I guess that's my fault for requesting an ability that can fail. No clue why I did that. lol

Introspection is kind of scummy, because it means you've been looking at how your speech/actions are perceived. You shouldn't care too much about that as town.

Introspection is kind of scummy, because it means you've been looking at how your speech/actions are perceived. You shouldn't care too much about that as town.

Chopbam certainly didn't.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I would have been far less obvious if I was actually a scum player.

I've been wanting to scream that all game lol.

I think the piece of evidence most in your favor is that I had 3 hostiles detected. That would be a lot of mafia players in a game this size.

Not when you're someone who gets stressed out easily like I do. lol Besides, KY literally posted himself as town on his chart when we have no way to verify that. And Cat 5 says he's not suspicious at all even though he is because afaik we don't know what he's been doing this whole time. He just says he didn't do anything important or doesn't want to say what he did.